Alien: Isolation Q&A with Creative Assembly

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2014, 03:02:38 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Q&A with Creative Assembly (Read 28,612 times)

Predatorium

Rude questions y'all. Just let them make their addition to the franchise. They won't be able to answer the Occulus rift question now anyways and that's the only important thing. The alien design has been worked out by the developers through several iterations where it did look like the original from the start. I don't think they'll just make a 180 and go back to the original giger design.

gabgrave

I also feel that the general dislike for the Alien design is like a reflex action at this point. The developers came up with the current design based on what they felt would provide the boogie man impact, instead of a sexualized predator (nothing to do with the Predator xeno).

As for a question, I'm wondering if we'll see events like the chase scene from Alien 3, where you have to bait and run from the Alien, in order to trap it, working in relays with fellow survivors. In fact, if there were multiplayer in the future for such horror survival, I would love to see how a team can escape by working together... or not.

Also, will there be cats? If there's one thing Alien taught me, it's not to search for the ****ing cat.

MrSpaceJockey

Q) We've seen from the demo that the Alien is definitely going to have a slow, stalking presence like in the 1979 film.  But will there be any parts where the Alien's also leaping around like in ALIENS?  After all, Ridley wanted to have an agile Alien in the air ducts scene but couldn't due to suit limitations.

Q) Will we be seeing anything new regarding the Alien creature, not seen in the films?  Like how it looks right after it sheds its skin, for example?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 27, 2014, 04:54:11 PM
Q) We've seen from the demo that the Alien is definitely going to have a slow, stalking presence like in the 1979 film.  But will there be any parts where the Alien's also leaping around like in ALIENS?  After all, Ridley wanted to have an agile Alien in the air ducts scene but couldn't due to suit limitations.

Q) Will we be seeing anything new regarding the Alien creature, not seen in the films?  Like how it looks right after it sheds its skin, for example?

That second one, oh god please yes, my inner fangirl is going nuts at the prospect.

Engineer

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 27, 2014, 06:00:19 PM

That second one, oh god please yes, my inner fangirl is going nuts at the prospect.

Didn't we catch a glimpse of this in alien 3? Nonetheless, I think it would be cool to see as well... :-)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Engineer on Jan 27, 2014, 07:10:39 PM

Didn't we catch a glimpse of this in alien 3? Nonetheless, I think it would be cool to see as well... :-)

Yes, technically but not to the extent I'd like. (:

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Predatorium on Jan 27, 2014, 10:34:12 AM
Rude questions y'all.

Not necessarily; they're things we honestly want to know. I'm sure the questions will need to be pre-approved before they will be answered, anyway.

I'm not a 'hater' myself, I'm dying to get this game. I just think that changing the design of the Alien is a major puzzler that I would very much like to hear a specific, official answer to.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 27, 2014, 07:56:39 PM

Oh and seeing the human born Alien in between the chestburster and adult stage would be great as well.  But I have a strong feeling we will not see it, for it's already been stated that by the time we, the player, arrive at the Sevastopol, the Alien is already fully grown.

Vrastal

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 27, 2014, 11:25:23 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 27, 2014, 07:56:39 PM

Oh and seeing the human born Alien in between the chestburster and adult stage would be great as well.  But I have a strong feeling we will not see it, for it's already been stated that by the time we, the player, arrive at the Sevastopol, the Alien is already fully grown.

I would love to see the stages of alien development. between chestburster and adult.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aspie on Jan 24, 2014, 03:22:10 PM
What are y'all seeking to accomplish/establish by utilizing Ripley's daughter as the main character?
Bumping this one.

Vrastal

We wont have to deal with crappy and annoying ai companions will me? (i hate you neal and bella, and tequila, and keys)

space_marine1998

i know you probably have alot on your hands but im curious

1 Where there be a multiplayer mode involving guns? If not and there is a mode what would the gameplay bebased around?
2 if there isma co op mode will it be like A CM where its just distorting thestory? or will. It have its own missions, if this is true if one player is found gy the alien would this the other player to escape?, similar how ripley drops jonsey and runs away, the distracted alien investigates him instead of her?
3 in the game whose name we shall not speak, we see aliens evolving in multiplayer. Now this might be false becuase...well its a multiplayer mode, kinda like their sixth sense ability. But if its true in this universe will the alien evolve into a queen of will it strictly  alien bussiness.
4 it was stated that this game was partially inspiried from bioshock? How? By gameplay methods? Or storyline elements?

Now i could careless about those questions because i can wait. BUT ID LOVE TO SEE THIS ONE ANSWERED, you dont have ti do every one of them.

5 If Amanda survives this game is a sequel a possibility? Secondly if you make a sequel game would you be able to sum up aliens colonial marines ending? Amd if amanda survives, due to hyper sleep is it a possibility she meets hicks?

Glaive

Glaive

Quick question...

Is Amanda going to be referred to as 'Ripley' all through the game?
...and if so don't you think this will cause a 'disconnect' in players?

SM

I doubt she'd be referred to as anything other than Ripley.

Usage of first names in Alien is just about non-existant.  In the films at any rate.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yup, even in Colonial Marines Hicks is rarely referred to as Dwayne.

And no links to ACM, let it go and sit in the corner with AVPR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed