So, Anyone interested in seeing AVP 2010 BC on Xbox One?

Started by AMITY_PREDATOR, Feb 19, 2018, 10:24:10 PM

Author
So, Anyone interested in seeing AVP 2010 BC on Xbox One? (Read 36,326 times)

AMITY_PREDATOR

Ultimately,  it's up to Sega,  And I just read on this site that Sega dropped support of the game early on,  but if enough people ask for it,  it can be made bc.

I was without internet for about  6 years before  I was able to try the already dying MP,  but it was fun when you found a full group; a healthy mix of Press,  Xenos and Marines.

The Cruentus

I have got it on the 360 and would like to see it on the Xbox one. I would not care so much about the online except for the fact I still need to get the six pack achievement which can only be done by completing a ranked match with six friends. It might still be possible but you will need six willing folks to add each other and group up for a match and even then you will still have a hard time finding a match. I am not sure if there servers are still active or not.

Local Trouble

I have an Xbox One X and I prefer playing 360 games on it because it actually has smoother frame rates and faster load times.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 08, 2018, 04:40:08 PM
I have an Xbox One X and I prefer playing 360 games on it because it actually has smoother frame rates and faster load times.
I only have a 360 classic and the thing is LOUD.

I prefer the Xbox One.

The Old One

The Old One

Xbox One sounds like a jet taking off with some games though, I can attest through my brother.

I'd have nothing against it being BC, but I'd just rather a new game- hell if backwards compatibility would reissue an interest in the franchise that could be a win-win situation actually.

Local Trouble

It's backwards compatible now.  I just installed it on my Xbox One.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fo' real?!

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Not seeing it on the list. Do you have to do anything special with it?

According to someone on Facebook -

QuoteGuys, apparently the AVP 2010 Xbox game has a revamped product page on Xbox store which is what usually happens right before a game goes backwards compatible.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just tried to launch it, but got this error message:

QuoteThis game might not be playable yet. 

If you're sure it's been released, restart your Xbox and launch it again.  Otherwise, wait for the release date. (0x87e10007)

So I restarted the system and tried it again.  No dice.  I've never seen that before with a 360 game on my X1.

I own the digital download version so it just showed up in my "ready to install" section tonight before I downloaded and installed it.  Maybe they just allowed installations before enabling it to be played?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 03, 2018, 07:51:19 AM
Maybe they just allowed installations before enabling it to be played?

Perhaps. I hope that's the case! I'm dying to make that news post.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is that big news?  I suppose it'll reinvigorate the multiplayer community, especially if they release it as an Xbox Live Gold freebie at some point.

I'll keep trying over the next day or so and let you know if and when it's playable.

Corporal Hicks

It's not massive but it's something I see asked about fairly regularly. It'll be a nice little jolt in interest in the gaming side of things too. Especially in any abscense of news to do with Cold Iron's game.

The Cruentus

I might actually be able to get the six pac achievement now, assuming the servers are still going and people will once again play it.

Local Trouble

I wonder if this means ACM is next.  It's up to Sega, right?

RidgeTop

Looks like this is happening, the official game page has been updated and lists XBO backwards compatibility. Microsoft just has yet to make an official announcement

The ACM page has not been updated, and to be honest I doubt they'll even do that one, but who knows.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed