Legendary Encounters: Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 23, 2015, 02:26:43 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters: Predator (Read 20,917 times)

Corporal Hicks

We've seen some of the card art but here's our first look at the entire card -

Rakai will be happy - they're using Yautja.

I know they mentioned being able to play Predators and it looks like it's been implemented in a similar way to the usual characters, rather than an after-thought like the Aliens. Be interested to see it playing.

elemental-of-all

Trying to make sense of some of the new keywords.
Looks awesome though, I'm still waiting for an alien barracks deck to have the full experience this game can offer. Rumor is the alien expansion has been pushed back to 2016, anyone confirm or deny?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 10:14:56 AM
Rakai will be happy - they're using Yautja.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Jun 30, 2015, 03:22:33 AM

They all seem to be in that first image. Lethal seems pretty self explanatory. Duel must be the mechanic of the Predator player - something to do with fighting other Predators or human characters. Activate could be anything though.

QuoteLooks awesome though, I'm still waiting for an alien barracks deck to have the full experience this game can offer. Rumor is the alien expansion has been pushed back to 2016, anyone confirm or deny?

The last I'd heard was the end of the year. I'll drop Brenner an email to ask.

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 30, 2015, 07:19:02 AM
Quote from: elemental-of-all on Jun 30, 2015, 03:22:33 AM

They all seem to be in that first image. Lethal seems pretty self explanatory. Duel must be the mechanic of the Predator player - something to do with fighting other Predators or human characters. Activate could be anything though.

QuoteLooks awesome though, I'm still waiting for an alien barracks deck to have the full experience this game can offer. Rumor is the alien expansion has been pushed back to 2016, anyone confirm or deny?

The last I'd heard was the end of the year. I'll drop Brenner an email to ask.

Thanks, let us know what the news is.
The one thats got me wondering most is "attaching gear" I have a feeling there will be a "gear" deck (maybe in place of Sargents) that offer small buggs to human characters.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Jason replied - Alien has been moved to 2016.

The Predator rulebook has been uploaded - https://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/174570

Not read it yet. Will do later.

Also release is the 19th of August!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/194489/my-gencon-2015

QuoteI wandered around the dealer room for a few hours. The first game I sat down to play was the latest incarnation of the Legendary deckbuilding system based upon the films Predator and Predator II. This game differs from previous franchise entries in that you may play as humans vs. guerrilla fighters and predators, or predators vs. various humans. The predator camouflage ability is handled well.

They also sell a small overpriced adaptation pack of cards to change around a few of those in Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game so that you can merge elements to play Aliens vs. Predator scenarios.

It's a worthy entry in Legendary and I expect I'll buy it, but they really could have thrown in the adaptation pack instead of charging another $10 for it.

The "GenCon" special is a free pack of "Legendary" card protectors, useless unless you buy another couple hundred identical protectors.

From GenCon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Apparently the adaptation pack is just a reissue of cards from Alien with adjusted wording for compatibility with Predator (this text is in the Predator rulebook anyway).

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2015, 10:43:54 AM
Apparently the adaptation pack is just a reissue of cards from Alien with adjusted wording for compatibility with Predator (this text is in the Predator rulebook anyway).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-EjWXqMUw

So generally useless?
I mean, this should have just came with the core game anyways. But as a standalone buy... i'll pass. Ill just read the rulebook.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's just a $10 thing for people who want the ease of the changed card text. Nothing breaking.

Alternate art version of the matt.

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2015, 02:46:03 PM

Gencon exclusive right?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Aug 10, 2015, 03:44:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2015, 02:46:03 PM

Gencon exclusive right?

Don't really know tbh. Think they said it might be sold after the event.

This has been pushed back to the start of September apparently.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Any lists of retailers that will be receiving the Predator card set?

Corporal Hicks

Any typical FLGS I imagine. I don't think there's any exclusives or anything. But if you struggle to find it in person you'll find it abundance online.

Corporal Hicks

PRJ_since1990

Going to have to buy more sleeves!!! I sleeved up Alien Encounters and I couldn't recommend it more. Normal Ultra Pro sleeves of any color will do. Just make sure you purchase all of the same type, don't mix and match brands/old sleeves because it will be obvious upon shuffling that they are different!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed