Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,206 times)

Corporal Hicks

I do recognize the name Spinners though. I feel like they're from the old RPG? Absolutely gutted Larroca is still on the art, but I do like the new cover there. Looks good.

The_Nostromo_Files

My Amazon pre-order for #6 says "cancelled by publisher."

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TNF on Jun 24, 2021, 11:05:22 AM
My Amazon pre-order for #6 says "cancelled by publisher."

Hmm. When Predator #1 was canceled it was pulled from Diamond Comic Distributors previews site, but that's not the case here with Alien #6 (at least at the present moment):

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN210677

We'll have to keep an eye on it.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Nothing on the retailer cancelation list. But as Voodoo said "at the present moment"

It is listed as shipping 8/25

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Same team is back... ugh...

EDIT: Just noticed you posted this yesterday, Kailem.

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/status/1408138115592687619

I dig the covers though, Alien in the cornfield is a cool look, the barn reminds me of that Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) AVP maze.

judge death

Kennedy johnson shouldnt write aliens stories after the first comics, the dialoge is horrible and dont get it, and larroca: stop drawing please, and I recognize that xeno grin from somewhere but where hmm.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: judge death on Jun 24, 2021, 11:30:42 PM
larroca: stop drawing please

Did he start?

Engineer

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: judge death on Jun 24, 2021, 11:30:42 PM
Kennedy johnson shouldnt write aliens stories after the first comics, the dialoge is horrible and dont get it, and larroca: stop drawing please, and I recognize that xeno grin from somewhere but where hmm.

Aside from the Hudson do over, I'm quite interested in the narrative and Johnson's writing. That's really not the issue for me with this run. It's just that lifeless artwork.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 24, 2021, 05:11:40 AM
I do recognize the name Spinners though. I feel like they're from the old RPG? Absolutely gutted Larroca is still on the art, but I do like the new cover there. Looks good.

Spinners wasn't from the Leading Edge RPG. I think I might be making up that connection.

Protomorph

What is a 'Spinner'?

Engineer

Tbh the first thing that came to my mind was bladerunner... where spinner was the name given to the flying car...

Corporal Hicks

Farming community in #7. Spoke to Phillip on his Facebook and he said...

Spoiler
Quotehe Spinners are a primitive, old-world religion based out of the mountains of the Southeastern U.S.
[close]

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 25, 2021, 01:19:12 PM
Tbh the first thing that came to my mind was bladerunner... where spinner was the name given to the flying car...

I just thought it was one of those random XTs from the Adventure Game for some reason.

Nightmare Asylum

Definitely getting a bit of a Ward/Red vibe from the art, the Spinner concept, etc.

Do we know if this is totally standalone from the first arc, or is it going to be Cruz that crashes down and upends the Spinners' lives with an Alien run amok?

Engineer

Yea I'm getting ward vibes for sure

I'd rather see them do an adaptation of wards script like dark horse did with William Gibson's script than to see them incorporate large portions of it into their current comic series...

Nightmare asylum- it's a continuation of the first story arc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed