Tom Skerritt only considers Alien as personal canon

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, May 06, 2024, 07:55:07 PM

Author
Tom Skerritt only considers Alien as personal canon (Read 1,903 times)

Local Trouble

He should be forcibly tied to a chair and shown Aliens, then be told that no more sequels were made after that.

He'll never have to be disappointed.

Neila

I find the post interesting, so thank you for the information.

As a fan, it is of course completely incomprehensible not to watch more films.
purely out of interest in what they did with it.

Actors, however, are something different. I can understand if they don't care about further films from a franchise just because they were there for the first part.
they have a job that they fulfill.
There are also musicians who left their band after a successful album and didn't listen to any more of the band's albums.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm sure he'd have a blast with Resurrection.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 08, 2024, 01:45:41 PMHe should be forcibly tied to a chair and shown Aliens, then be told that no more sequels were made after that.

He'll never have to be disappointed.

He could lament with Paul Reiser - 'Hey they slimed you up and stuck you to a wall too and then cut it?'

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: Neila on May 08, 2024, 01:55:39 PMI find the post interesting, so thank you for the information.

As a fan, it is of course completely incomprehensible not to watch more films.
purely out of interest in what they did with it.

Actors, however, are something different. I can understand if they don't care about further films from a franchise just because they were there for the first part.
they have a job that they fulfill.
There are also musicians who left their band after a successful album and didn't listen to any more of the band's albums.

Authors, from what I understand, are voracious readers. Many actors probably do consume a lot of cinema and theater, BUT: the Alien films are genre films that might not appeal to all actors.

MetalAlien

I kinda wish I never watched a sequel past Aliens... lol

Local Trouble

Quote from: MetalAlien on May 19, 2024, 06:03:15 PMI kinda wish I never watched a sequel past Aliens... lol

I know exactly what you mean.

BlueMarsalis79

I never saw Star Wars Episode 9 and never will.

I will rewatch AlienĀ³ every year until I kick it.

MetalAlien

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 20, 2024, 08:24:06 PMI never saw Star Wars Episode 9 and never will.

I will rewatch AlienĀ³ every year until I kick it.

The high we felt after aliens came out in '86 was so strong that when we finally saw alien 3 and they basically killed everybody and started over fresh it hurt really bad never really forgave it for that.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 20, 2024, 08:24:06 PMI never saw Star Wars Episode 9 and never will.

Same but for slightly different reasons.

Janek

Quote from: MetalAlien on May 19, 2024, 06:03:15 PMI kinda wish I never watched a sequel past Aliens... lol

I can understand where you are coming from but Alien3 was the perfect ending for the franchise and Ripley's story. I can never understand the hate Alien3 gets, it is such a perfect film, especially the Assambly Cut. Studios today do not have the balls to kill off characters like Fox did with Alien3. Tragic and beautiful.

Alien - Aliens - Alien3 = GOAT. 

MetalAlien

Quote from: Janek on Jun 12, 2024, 02:54:10 PM

I can understand where you are coming from but Alien3 was the perfect ending for the franchise and Ripley's story. I can never understand the hate Alien3 gets, it is such a perfect film, especially the Assambly Cut. Studios today do not have the balls to kill off characters like Fox did with Alien3. Tragic and beautiful.

man you guys have issues I see aliens as the perfect ending nice happy ending.

aliens13

Quote from: MetalAlien on Jun 12, 2024, 04:21:27 PM

There isn't happy endings on the Alien universe

MetalAlien

Quote from: aliens13 on Jun 12, 2024, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: MetalAlien on Jun 12, 2024, 04:21:27 PM

There isn't happy endings on the Alien universe
sure there is all you got to do is stop watching right after aliens

Rankles75

Obviously, I'm one of the people who doesn't acknowledge the existence of "Alien 3" in my head canon (big surprise), but I wasn't necessarily sold on Aliens being a happy ending for them. I just thought there was plenty of potential for those characters for another film or two and that ditching them pre-credits was a massive waste and totally derailed the series.

As it is, Aliens is a great stopping off point for me but it will always be a nagging disappointment to me that they went in the direction they did after that. End of the day, it's not like this is the only major film series where people have their own opinions where they should have ended...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed