Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,872 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Hehehe. Didn't think about that, but you're correct.

TITANOSAUR

the little figurines do look pretty cool. I'll defenantly get the aliens just for display purposes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's a bunch more on here: http://deartonyblair.blogspot.co.uk/ Nothing with amazing quality unfortunately.  :-\

Some better ones here: http://bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2014/04/13/salute-2014-4/

QuoteThe stand-out stall for me, however, was Prodos Games - developers of the new Aliens vs Predator board game and war-game. I chatted with some of the team, and they were really open in terms of talking about the new game. There were several finished sculpts available for inspection.

Prodos were also showcasing some updated token sets and the board tiles. They explained that these had been redone, as they were unhappy with the originals. The examples at the show were really amazing; very detailed, very colourful. It's great to see a company listening to customers, and acting on criticism or advice. Overall, I'm really looking forward to the release of this game and feel confident it is in safe hands!

Arterial Spray

What the hell is with the marine type guy mounted on flying shark tailed dragon thing, at the back right there(between not-queenie and the royal-guard)? Is that a warzone mini which got mixed in?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that's one of the ones the Warzone people seem excited about.

Arterial Spray

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 14, 2014, 02:58:56 PM
Yeah, that's one of the ones the Warzone people seem excited about.

Jolly good. I was momentarilly concerned aliens weirdness was afoot.

Corporal Hicks

I like the looks of Dutch and his buddy (can't remember her name). The Predator tokens look pretty sweet too. And I'm also liking the looks of the mercs - even I wish they'd have been full-on A3 dog-handlers.

Tex

Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa ;)

Wey-Yu Xeno

How much will this cost? If it's over $100, I'm not buying. Miniature board games nowadays are so expensive...  >:(

Tex

The RRP of it, The box set with rules etc, currently I think is around 75 quid

Arterial Spray

Quote from: Tex on Apr 15, 2014, 01:53:35 AM
The RRP of it, The box set with rules etc, currently I think is around 75 quid

Colloquial language mixed with exchange rates is going to end up in some major confusion. :D

Corporal Hicks

In short, we don't really know yet. Thing is, it isn't just a board game. It's essentially a starter set for all three species for a big wargame.

I just really hope we get good tournament support for it!!

Wey-Yu Xeno

So what does the starter set include?

Arterial Spray

Quote from: Wey-Yu Xeno on Apr 18, 2014, 07:12:43 PM
So what does the starter set include?
In the kick starter version (the retail version may be different):

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 14, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
They haven't won me over t'ill I see Giger's Alien.

But everything looks pretty fantastic otherwise.

I think I'll just pretend the AVP Aliens are A:R Clones as are any eventual AVP:R designed Warriors can be the Warrior-Clone equivalent.

Not to be a downer, but I really don't think they're gunna make the Giger version at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed