2016 Alien Anthology card set

Started by Machiko Naguchi, Mar 16, 2016, 03:31:34 AM

Author
2016 Alien Anthology card set (Read 38,833 times)

Corporal Hicks

Different strokes for different folks. Personally I still enjoy collecting these kind of things.

More interestingly for me though - I wonder if this means we'll be seeing some new artists on the Legendary Encounters lines. I'd like to see more artists of this kind of calibre.

Machiko Naguchi

Like Hicks said I still enjoy collecting the card sets even though I am older. I think part of it is nostalgic from when I collected sports cards as a kid and also because they have cool art/styles from a franchise I love. Also like Hicks said it seems some things will be difficult to get since its not like the old sets with a base and some chase subsets. It is more like the Topps 75th Anniversary set that has parallels for everything including special autographs for each one that seem to be almost impossible to get. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 17, 2016, 10:41:11 AM
I'm will be at least be attempting to try & get all of these they look great!
I also have the full set of Alien 3 trading cards these would go nicely with  :)
If you don't already have a binder for your Alien 3 set XenoZipper, check out my custom binder thread in the merchandise forum. They are really cool!

Oh and Hicks, thanks for giving me credit on the front page for the find!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Nice!

Having only recently picked up some of the older Alien trading card sets, I'm actually pretty interested in this!

LordCassusSnow

Anyone else notice Bill Baxton on Hudsons card?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Mar 17, 2016, 03:53:51 PM
Anyone else notice Bill Baxton on Hudsons card?

I'd hope so otherwise it'd be wrong. lol

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2016, 03:17:29 PM
Different strokes for different folks. Personally I still enjoy collecting these kind of things.

More interestingly for me though - I wonder if this means we'll be seeing some new artists on the Legendary Encounters lines. I'd like to see more artists of this kind of calibre.

http://beckett-www.s3.amazonaws.com/news/news-content/uploads/2016/01/2016-Upper-Deck-Alien-Anthology-Base.jpg

Agreed, I would never mock anyone for their hobbies. It's not that I'm not interested in collecting the cards. I just haven't done so since I was younger. But the prospect of these sketches on the cards makes them enticing. I wouldn't know how or where to begin in terms of collecting them all.

elemental-of-all

Phoned around town. Looks like it's gonna cost $140+ for a box. That's more than $1 per card.

I'm not sure if I should just buy the base set online and hunt down the cool higher end cards.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I personally still love collecting things like trading cards as well but I understand
where you guys are coming from that don't. True while it would be nice if an actual
book came out with full page art of the trading cards but there isn't so it's the only
way.

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Mar 17, 2016, 03:28:46 PM
If you don't already have a binder for your Alien 3 set XenoZipper, check out my custom binder thread in the merchandise forum. They are really cool!

I do have a binder that all my trading card sit in but I'll definitely go take a look man thanks! If I ever one day buy full sets for other Alien related cards something custom would be awesome for them to sit in so they're separate from my other cards. I have been keeping my eyes on ebay for the 1979 Topps Alien cards.

FiorinaFury161

Might have to bust a few packs. The autos are definitely tempting.

Machiko Naguchi

I am wondering if there will be a binder for these. I haven't seen anything about it but the more recent sets have all had them I think.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 17, 2016, 05:26:56 PMI'm not sure if I should just buy the base set online and hunt down the cool higher end cards.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Mar 18, 2016, 03:18:33 AM
I am wondering if there will be a binder for these. I haven't seen anything about it but the more recent sets have all had them I think.

I asked my local and he said there were none on the orders.  :-\ Which I'm gutted about.

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Mar 17, 2016, 03:28:46 PM
Oh and Hicks, thanks for giving me credit on the front page for the find!

No need to thank, Machiko! I always give credit where it's due.  :)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 18, 2016, 08:35:59 AM
Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 17, 2016, 05:26:56 PMI'm not sure if I should just buy the base set online and hunt down the cool higher end cards.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.

I'm thinking of picking up a box or two so I'll have a look and see how many base sets I can put together from it. Might be able to help you guys out.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2016, 08:36:57 AMI'm thinking of picking up a box or two so I'll have a look and see how many base sets I can put together from it. Might be able to help you guys out.

That would be great if you did!

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2016, 03:17:29 PM

http://beckett-www.s3.amazonaws.com/news/news-content/uploads/2016/01/2016-Upper-Deck-Alien-Anthology-Base.jpg
That's my favourite so far.An artist's interpretation of Lambert's final moments would be nice too.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 17, 2016, 02:09:04 PM
Looks cool but this is where I draw the line.  Maybe if I was 10...

I mean if they released a coffee table book with this art in it, I'd probably be into that, but how do you explain to your wife a new trading card set.  Not that I have a wife, but... word to the wise, make sure to get all your toys before you get married...
Lol check out some of my pictures in the collectors thread. My wife and I got a two bedroom apartment so I could fit it all in there. She knew I was into it. It's simply a hobby. The trick is to find that future wife who will support your interests, even if she's not into them herself.

And as long as you don't spend every dime on the crap. That's grounds for waking up finding all of your stuff in the trash.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed