We Almost Got a Newt FPS

Started by Nukiemorph, Feb 11, 2020, 06:45:34 AM

Author
We Almost Got a Newt FPS (Read 12,775 times)

Butt

Butt

That simple synopsis had me far more intrigued than anything the franchise has produced since Aliens.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'm at this point not convinced an Alien game announcement is anything but a fever dream seeing nothing but Blackout can ever come out. You release a new Alien product every time you sneeze but for some reason can't get a video-game to happen.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Looks like another groundswell of support for the resurrection of Hicks and Newt.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

#CountMeIn

Quote from: Butt on Feb 11, 2020, 07:26:23 PM
That simple synopsis had me far more intrigued than anything the franchise has produced since Aliens.

• "You'd play as grown Newt. On Earth. Weyland-Yutani are weaponizing the aliens in a Black Mesa style facility and, of course, all hell breaks loose. Your robotic pal i.e. Bishop? A new one named "Casey" after her doll in Aliens."

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

As much as I love trolling through random threads spouting about Hicks being alive, and as much as I like Isolation, I really, really would like us to get away from movie characters and/or their relatives.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 11, 2020, 10:12:31 PM
As much as I love trolling through random threads spouting about Hicks being alive, and as much as I like Isolation, I really, really would like us to get away from movie characters and/or their relatives.

Movie characters?  As in previous characters in movies i.e. Ripley, Newt, David, Peter Weyland, etc. and everyone related to them?

Adam802

Adam802

I just hope the Cold Iron Studios game is ok after the studio being sold.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Sounds cool.  I'm all for something along these lines.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The whole series should be rebooted.  Including the f**ktardness of multiple generations of alien survivors combating multiple generations of Aliens. 

I thought they were going with a Newt during Hadley's type of scenario which would've been alright as an Isolation dlc.  I'd play it, the same way my dumbass bought Colonial Marines, but I have a feeling I'd be just as disappointed. 

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 11, 2020, 11:50:51 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 11, 2020, 10:12:31 PM

Movie characters?  As in previous characters in movies i.e. Ripley, Newt, David, Peter Weyland, etc. and everyone related to them?

characters not directly from one of the movies or direct relatives of them (like Amanda). Weyland relatives I'd say are fine though since its kind of a "must".

It's a big universe, let some new people get terrorized/be the focus.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Yeah, it's silly they can't write fresh characters not related to existing ones. They got lucky Isolation was an ok game, but Amanda still didn't really bring anything significant to the table apart from having the Ripley name. The other characters she met or who were around her tended to be much more interesting.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've got to disagree with Amanda brought nothing to the game. I thought she worked so well as the emotional core of it. Finding that message was heart-wrenching.

Every time it comes up, I agree with the suggestion to move away from old characters. Zula proved you can make interesting new characters. Let's keep that up.

I'll always be disappointed about missing out on new games though.

Wweyland

Wweyland

We need more Alien games so I would have been fine with this bonkers idea.
Makes more sense than the alternate ending for The Predator with Newt.
Just hope that the Cold Iron one is not cancelled.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Sounds like the Cold Iron game is okay for now.

(And as opposed as I am to retcons and non-canon what-if stories, I completely would have bought a copy of this game.)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

#NewtLives

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed