William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,682 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Red's aside, I love Towhy, Gibson, and Ward's versions. I hope they each get a novelization at some point. Ward's will always hold a special place in my heart. If nothing else, for scaring me into checking the damn toilet.

The Old One

The Old One

:laugh:

Perfect-Organism

It sounds to (without having read it) me that Ward's script is so off the wall that it may work well illustrated by...   Sam Kieth.   ;D

Jokes aside, I would love to see any alternate take on my favorite moments in the series.

Huggs

Huggs

You've never read Ward's script?

Man, you're in for something nuts. Most insane death by Alien ever.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Twohy's script could use a reworked third act if they adapt it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 29, 2019, 10:38:21 PMIt sounds to (without having read it) me that Ward's script is so off the wall that it may work well illustrated by...   Sam Kieth.   ;D

Nah, save his ass for Red's script.

The most batshit Alien thing I've ever read, by a country mile.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2019, 10:51:17 PMTwohy's script could use a reworked third act if they adapt it.

Twohy's is my favourite of the unmade screenplays, but there's no denying the final act is a total anticlimax.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 30, 2019, 09:18:02 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 29, 2019, 10:38:21 PM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2019, 10:51:17 PMTwohy's script could use a reworked third act if they adapt it.

Twohy's is my favourite of the unmade screenplays, but there's no denying the final act is a total anticlimax.

Its one way to clear out the prison system though lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 30, 2019, 12:59:03 PMIts one way to clear out the prison system though lol

Human pasta :laugh:

That bit was over-the-top, but admittedly pretty cool. Sadly after that I thought the script ran out of steam a bit. The final showdown with the Newbreed in particular was over before it even began.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 30, 2019, 02:00:31 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 30, 2019, 12:59:03 PMIts one way to clear out the prison system though lol

Human pasta :laugh:

That bit was over-the-top, but admittedly pretty cool. Sadly after that I thought the script ran out of steam a bit. The final showdown with the Newbreed in particular was over before it even began.

I was laughing so hard at the vacuum bit that I had to stop reading for a minute.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 29, 2019, 10:50:48 PM

Been a while since I've read it, are you talking about
Spoiler
the toilet death...?
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
"As the Abbot and a 'Bald Tribunal Member' occupy the stalls, an Alien reaches up and yanks the latter down through the hole in the ground, and drags him under the floorboards. The toilet's faucets and lavatories "reject a torrent of gore! Blood and viscera spraying the wall – converting the Abbey into an abattoir.""
[close]

You know what, I'd love to see that in live action.  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 01, 2019, 09:47:55 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 29, 2019, 10:50:48 PM

Been a while since I've read it, are you talking about
Spoiler
the toilet death...?
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
"As the Abbot and a 'Bald Tribunal Member' occupy the stalls, an Alien reaches up and yanks the latter down through the hole in the ground, and drags him under the floorboards. The toilet's faucets and lavatories "reject a torrent of gore! Blood and viscera spraying the wall – converting the Abbey into an abattoir.""
[close]

You know what, I'd love to see that in live action.  ;D

Lol you should hear me and Kiramidhead talk about that scene on his podcast lol

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Ha, well they've done shower death may as well keep the ball rolling for the entire bathroom.  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed? lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It was even a decon shower with horizontal streams, heh.

Russ840

Russ840

Didn't see this posted,  preview for the next issue, out tomorrow.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3002-527/William-Gibsons-Alien-3-4#prettyPhoto

The 'change' is shown here so beware if you don't want to be spoiled. Not sure what I think about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed