Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 01, 2019, 06:44:44 PM

Author
Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci (Read 41,856 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

I'm not surprised at all. Some people just don't get that it's far-fetched satire, campy soap opera and deliberate parody in disguise. It's as "cheap" as fake Gucci products. Ridley is basically taking a mickey out of rotten fashion world.

QuoteEverything in "House of Gucci" is over the top. The accents. The performances. The fashion. The settings. The runtime. The music. The greed. This movie knows exactly what it is and, sweetie, it is gloriously decadent, ridiculous fun.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/entertainment/article/Review-House-of-Gucci-is-pure-16642751.php

Some critics say it's too long, boring and not engaging. I'm seeing it on Saturday. Fingers crossed it's gonna deliver. Who knows, I might not like it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 24, 2021, 04:58:20 PM
I'm not surprised at all. Some people just don't get that it's far-fetched satire, campy soap opera and deliberate parody in disguise. It's as "cheap" as fake Gucci products. Ridley is basically taking a mickey out of rotten fashion world.

Exactly.

New featurette:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Hopefully it's gonna do way better at box office than The Last Duel.

Nightmare Asylum

Welp. I had an absolute blast with this.

Ingwar

Ridlazz921

I wonder when the HGW Soundtrack will be out.
I always like to check out the soundtrack before i see the movie for some strange reason.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 25, 2021, 08:09:29 AM
That good?

Very.

Equal parts soap opera, family drama, and crime story, with some of the most eccentric performances I've seen in a long time and the best editing in a movie this year. It's a weird movie to call "fun" (especially when talking to someone expecting the movie to play it 100% straight) given its premise and the true story it is centered around, but it leans so hard into camp that it truly is a blast to watch.

Ridley Scott is two for two in 2021 if you ask me.

Ingwar

Good to hear you enjoyed it. Now I'm puzzled because some critics say it's too long, boring, messy (probably plot and editing) and the third act seems very rushed. But then you say it's best editing this year. I cannot wait to see it on Saturday.

Very polarized movie. Wonder why.

Nightmare Asylum

Speaking of the editing, there's one cut, cutting from a certain shot to the wedding reveal, that might just be the hardest I've laughed all year.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 25, 2021, 01:50:04 PM
Good to hear you enjoyed it. Now I'm puzzled because some critics say it's too long, boring, messy (probably plot and editing) and the third act seems very rushed. But then you say it's best editing this year. I cannot wait to see it on Saturday.

NA knows more about films than most professional critics. Not to mention that he actually does editing. I'll take his word over theirs in this case.

Ingwar

Critics don't like it as much as The Last Duel but at least Gucci is doing much better at the box office than medieval drama. It has grossed an estimated $4.21M in US in two days (Tuesday previews + Wednesday) and is on track to gross $17-20M in the opening weekend.

KiramidHead

It helps that the competition is less steep for Gucci. I don't think Resident Evil was ever going to be a major player.

Nightmare Asylum

I will say, I think The Last Duel is probably overall the better movie between the two – but they're operating on such different modes that direct comparison between the two isn't really worth it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, apples and oranges.

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 25, 2021, 04:53:13 PM
Critics don't like it as much as The Last Duel but at least Gucci is doing much better at the box office than medieval drama. It has grossed an estimated $4.21M in US in two days (Tuesday previews + Wednesday) and is on track to gross $17-20M in the opening weekend.

I think Gaga's fans alone might be able to float this movie.

Also interesting when you look at the official Twitter accounts:

The Last Duel has just over 3000 followers, Gucci has 37.5k followers.

I guess this movie is more the millennians' jam?

Ingwar

... advertised by f**king cell phones ;D

I find it ironic that his upcoming Kitbag will be produced by Apple.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed