Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 01, 2019, 06:44:44 PM

Author
Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci (Read 42,342 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 10, 2021, 07:07:58 PM
What happens in New York, Ingwar?

Spoiler
Maurizio and Patrizia fly to NY to see Rodolfo Gucci (hence we could see Pacino in Milan) and talk business (plus Rodolfo shagging chambermaid scene). Patrizia goes to local design shops and discovers that Gucci brand produces cheaper stuff for "common" people. She goes mad. This is the turning point for the couple as Patrizia starts interfering in the business and trying to take control over Maurizio's indifference regarding his legacy as one of the Gucci owners.
[close]

Question: are we gonna notice any difference in the look of NY if scenes were shot in Milan? I assume the background it's gonna be heavily depended on CGI.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Thanks, interesting stuff.

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 11, 2021, 04:04:12 PM
Question: are we gonna notice any difference in the look of NY if scenes were shot in Milan? I assume the background it's gonna be heavily depended on CGI.

I don't know, Stolen mentioned The Counselor where London (or Amsterdam) stood in for New York. Probably something similar here?

Ingwar

They also
Spoiler
go party (bored Maurizio doesn't enjoy it) but Patrizia steals the show behaving like she's enjoying this new life as she comes from the low class. She wants more!
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I hope Riddles will be watching his back for any potential hitmen:

I think these are from today's shoot:

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 11, 2021, 04:04:12 PM
Spoiler
Maurizio and Patrizia fly to NY to see Rodolfo Gucci (hence we could see Pacino in Milan) and talk business.
[close]

Al Pacino leaving his hotel in Milan today:

From today's shoot. Looks like they were filming a funeral scene?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 13, 2021, 03:44:49 PM

This must be
Spoiler
Rodolfo's (Jeremy Irons) funeral. He dies in the first act.
[close]

Irons joins the show.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2021, 03:52:58 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 13, 2021, 03:44:49 PM

This must be
Spoiler
Rodolfo's (Jeremy Irons) funeral. He dies in the first act.
[close]

Interesting... Jeremy Irons was just spotted in Milan today:

Spoiler
Was Maurizio the son of Rodolfo?
[close]

https://twitter.com/AdamDriverFiles/status/1370489139469160448

https://twitter.com/AdamDriverFiles/status/1370491781083770890

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 13, 2021, 06:55:24 PM
Spoiler
Was Maurizio the son of Rodolfo?
[close]

Yes and
Spoiler
Rodolfo didn't like the fact that Patrizia was going to marry his son.
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Turns out he was a very wise man then.

So they're obviously shooting non-chronologically, they'll probably jump back in time a bit for Iron's scenes.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 13, 2021, 07:15:16 PM
Turns out he was a very wise man then.

Yes.
Spoiler
In the script he seems to be a cold/pragmatic man who suspects Patizia doing it for money.
[close]

Ingwar

I hope it won't halt the production.

QuoteThree-quarters of Italians entered a strict lockdown on Monday, as the government put in place restrictive measures to fight the rise in infections.

A more contagious variant first identified in Britain, combined with a slow vaccine rollout, led to a 15 percent increase in cases in Italy last week, a worrisome picture for the government run by Prime Minister Mario Draghi.

"I am aware that today's measures will have an impact on children's education, on the economy but also on the psychological state of us all," Mr. Draghi said on Friday. "But they are necessary to avoid a worsening that will make inevitable even more stringent measures."

Most regions in northern Italy, as well as Lazio and Marche in central Italy and Campania and Puglia in the south, have shut schools and barred residents from leaving their homes except for work, health or necessity. Among business activities, only supermarkets, pharmacies and a few other stores will stay open, but restaurants are closed.

In the rest of the country, residents are not be allowed to leave their municipality without reason involving work, health or other necessities, but schools and many stores will stay open.

The entire country will be on lockdown for the Easter weekend in early April to prevent the usual large family reunions. As with restrictions in place over Christmas, people will still be allowed to leave their homes once a day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/14/world/italy-covid-lockdown.html

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, they just managed to finish the Last Duel before Ireland went into full lockdown again. Still got a long way to go with this one though.  :-\

But it seems filming is still proceeding for now and preparations are currently being made at the next stop, lake Como.

QuoteA few local outlets confirm that on Mar 17 #HouseOfGucci will film a big party scene in Villa Balbiano with the entire 'Gucci family' present. 3 boats called 'inglesine' have been placed on what should be the access to the lakeside set.

QuoteFilming at Lake Como's Villa Balbiano starts March 17 for 1 week! Scenes will go from the park, to the landing stage & the lounge overlooking the lake, also on the Statale Regina/around Mezzegra. Plus scenes on the Lecco part of the lake & Lariana road as background

PS. I see Dariusz Wolski got an Oscar nomination for 'News of the World'. Hopefully that will inspire him for Gucci as well.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 15, 2021, 03:44:07 PM
PS. I see Dariusz Wolski got an Oscar nomination for 'News of the World'. Hopefully that will inspire him for Gucci as well.

Nice one! Hopefully that will inspire Ridley to make that bloody western.

Jared Leto

Ingwar

Ingwar

Paulo Gucci was born in 1933 so he'll be 40 (Patrizia married Maurizio in 1973) when he appears on the screen for the first time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed