Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots

Started by Johnny Handsome, Jul 31, 2018, 04:50:31 PM

Author
Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots (Read 27,626 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 04, 2018, 07:21:14 PM
I'm surprised at how terrible it looks considering the series popularity I thought it would have a higher budget, or at least more professional work.
Perhaps they ran out of time.

Contrast that with this, a show cancelled due to its lack of popularity;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqZUbNcMekU&index=1&list=LLbkcXx-RwMKNuLWdWnGOE_A

Oh god what a f**king great show ! Visually stunning ! Such a shame it was cancelled, when shit shows keep getting renewed... There's no justice in this world sometimes...

The Old One

The Old One

There's no justice in this world, constantly, that's no surprise. Bryan Fuller could do something excellent with Alien IMO, he's great at writing compelling characters with depth but can also do blood, monsters and tension exceptionally.

He's incorporated characters of various ethnicities, gender and sexuality genuinely.
No token characters.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 01, 2018, 07:11:45 AM
Shane could have referred to Wolf as well... Wolf was already a champion when coming to Earth to take down the Predalien. And given that AvP and AvPR is now accepted by The Predator, we can not leave them out of sight.

Of course (and I'm at this side also) Shane referred to P1 and P2 when talking about 'champions'.

AVP is non-canon (as far as I am aware), the only thing this new film has done as far as I know is simply reused some of the weapons, the shurikins.

Also Wolf is no champion, at least in terms of feats.

Quote from: Master on Aug 01, 2018, 08:25:40 AM
Wolf was cool looking but he was no champion. He messed up more then what he accomplished.

He definitely made things worse, not to mention he went off course a few times.

Quote from: Raoh76 on Aug 01, 2018, 12:49:57 PM
Wolf was the best predator champion out of all the friggin movies, what are you talking about Master? 

His feats way surpassed all others, I mean just look at the rich history on his weapon/biomask display case, as well as his face (yes I suppose by virtue of the acid scar one could count that as he f'ed up...but he SURVIVED to tell the tale)

If by feats you mean releasing Xenomorphs, losing his technology, causing blackouts, then you're right, he argubly far surpasses the other Predators in terms of incompetence. He is supposed to be a cleaner, yet only makes things more messy. They really should have sent another Predator.  :laugh:

He may look cool, have cool toys but Wolf was terrible at his job. I won't deny that in that crappy movie, he was one of the only entertaining things there, which I think is why some fans like him, simply because everything else was worse but when something is only good because everything else is worse then that should tell you something.

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 05, 2018, 08:22:29 PM
If by feats you mean releasing Xenomorphs, losing his technology, causing blackouts, then you're right, he argubly far surpasses the other Predators in terms of incompetence

Barring Wolf running straight for the nearest National News Reporter and taking a selfie with him live and on camera for the whole world to see, none will ever be as incompetent as City Hunter. Wolf was successfully tracking down and holding off several xenomorphs at once and even held his own against a predalien for as long as the fight lasted. As opposed to CH, who was getting his booty handed to him by an aging police officer, and losing equipment like it was last years fashions.

Wolf might not have been the ultimate predator, but at least he was the one doing the hunting, and not the one being hunted.

The Cruentus

I did say arguably. CH was certainly reckless.

Wolf never successfully fended off Xenomorphs, they were were silly incompetent weak head bobbing things that only looked like Xenomorphs.  :P
Also said creatures would not have needed to be tracked down if Wolf didn't release them in the first place. Hunting means tracking something that is trying not to be seen or at least someting not easily found, the "Xenomorphs" were not hiding, they were in plain sight to the point they were caught on camera and nearly every civilian was seeing them and was shooting at them. It would not require any effort to find them. So wolf successfully tracking them down is no feat.
I said before about how one can be defined by the quality of their enemies, look at Wolf's enemies.

Wysps

Idk, if I had to choose between bobble-head xenomorphs and an aging cop, I'd probably choose the xenomorphs as the more hazardous and robust foe. 

The Old One

The Old One

I'd be more afraid of an angry Danny Glover than big rubber ants.

happypred

They only looked like big rubber ants cuz my boy Wolf dominated them so thoroughly

In all seriousness, the one highly questionable thing Wolf did was hang up the skinned cop

Huggs

Quote from: happypred on Aug 07, 2018, 04:58:39 AM
In all seriousness, the one highly questionable thing Wolf did was hang up the skinned cop

He's still a Predator though. He's got the urge. It's like sending John Wick after people and not expecting someone to get shot in the leg. It's bound to happen at some point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed