Let`s talk about Predator design shell we?

Started by Master, Jun 17, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

Do you like new Predator design?

Hell Yeah, thats da change we need! Everything super cool, bla bla bla... (groupies)
3 (3.6%)
Yes, I like those deigns. (positive)
31 (37.3%)
Yes, I like some of those designs. (mostly positive)
22 (26.5%)
I don`t love them, nor hate them. (indifferent)
15 (18.1%)
I don`t like some of those designs. (mostly negative)
2 (2.4%)
I don`t like those designs. (negative)
8 (9.6%)
That`s bullshit, worst designs ever made! My childhood is ruined, bla bla bla... (haters)
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author
Let`s talk about Predator design shell we? (Read 30,130 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I wonder with all the modifications from the original script, what could be the reason now for fugitive initial arrival on earth ?
Spoiler
There seem to be no more room for him hijacking upgrade's ark, so what ? He's just here for a little hunt ? And upgrade conveniently happen to come here as well ?
[close]

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 30, 2018, 04:55:46 PM
I wonder with all the modifications from the original script, what could be the reason now for fugitive initial arrival on earth ?
Spoiler
There seem to be no more room for him hijacking upgrade's ark, so what ? He's just here for a little hunt ? And upgrade conveniently happen to come here as well ?
[close]

I asked this question after Hicks published the test screenings results.
Spoiler
Now without the Hybrids most likely the reason why Fugitive hijacks the Ark is the Kujhad. And Upgrade wants it back, so he comes after Fugitive. And Upgrade also wants to find the best of our kind.

Or an other theory of mine is that there are hybrid DNA vials on the Ark (instead of the Hybrid creatures), but so many of them (you know, that's why such a big ship for it). And Traeger wants those vials.
[close]

Who knows... :)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 30, 2018, 06:30:41 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 30, 2018, 04:55:46 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I asked this question after Hicks published the test screenings results.
Spoiler
Now without the Hybrids most likely the reason why Fugitive hijacks the Ark is the Kujhad. And Upgrade wants it back, so he comes after Fugitive. And Upgrade also wants to find the best of our kind.

Or an other theory of mine is that there are hybrid DNA vials on the Ark (instead of the Hybrid creatures), but so many of them (you know, that's why such a big ship for it). And Traeger wants those vials.
[close]

Who knows... :)

Yeah maybe but
Spoiler
why woud fugitive want to go to earth with the ark ? To warn us ? I thought that element was removed as well, the whole collaboration angle...
[close]

OpenMaw

This is why I kept saying that it was too late in the game to resolve all the issues that would come up. The script had core reaching flaws.

So, praise to them for making drastic changes, but there was no way to completely rework the spine of the story they chose without basically reshooting the movie they set out to make. The fact they basically reshot a third of it and then did additional pick ups is still very surprising to me.

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 30, 2018, 08:14:03 PM
So, praise to them for making drastic changes, but there was no way to completely rework the spine of the story they chose without basically reshooting the movie they set out to make. The fact they basically reshot a third of it and then did additional pick ups is still very surprising to me.

The movie itself has become a hybrid.

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 30, 2018, 02:59:06 PM
The Bad Blood concept alone would be enough for that. The general audiences out there aren't familiar with the Bad Blood comic.

True they could have simply gone with a classic look for the Bad Blood Predator. I don't think the general audience needs to be familiar with the Bad Blood comic to understand the concept that some Predators don't abide by the rules and have no honor.

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 30, 2018, 03:53:53 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 29, 2018, 11:41:22 AM
Maybe its the lighting but the dreadlocks seem grey in color as well. Maybe it is an older predator. We will find out for sure when the movie comes out.

It's hard to tell if the dreads are grey or if it's just the lighting.  I sort of like the idea of this Predator being older - goes with the idea of it wanting to be involved with clearing up the hybrid/roiding situation that's going on in the film.  A younger Predator might be more interested in hunting, and hunting alone. Really like the bust though, especially the glistening texture of the skin.  Quills are always a plus  :)

I never really associated the extra quills as a sign of their age, I always figured it depended on the individual Predator. Like some can just grow in quills more than others.

OpenMaw

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 30, 2018, 11:58:26 PM
True they could have simply gone with a classic look for the Bad Blood Predator. I don't think the general audience needs to be familiar with the Bad Blood comic to understand the concept that some Predators don't abide by the rules and have no honor.

I'm just saying. The Bad Blood concept alone would be more than enough to get audiences excited. You don't need to create a juiced up Predator. Just having a Predator that is more bad than the ones we've already seen. A Predator with "no rules."

I just think that would ultimately be more interesting, because you could distinguish the two Predators in the story as individuals without having to goose one of them up as some freak of mad science.

Huggs

I never really associated the extra quills as a sign of their age, I always figured it depended on the individual Predator. Like some can just grow in quills more than others.

It's either the predator version of ear hair, or extreme manliness. "take a look at these savage mutton chops" ;)

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 31, 2018, 12:06:02 AM

I'm just saying. The Bad Blood concept alone would be more than enough to get audiences excited. You don't need to create a juiced up Predator. Just having a Predator that is more bad than the ones we've already seen. A Predator with "no rules."

I just think that would ultimately be more interesting, because you could distinguish the two Predators in the story as individuals without having to goose one of them up as some freak of mad science.

I agree, maybe a sequel will go the less juiced up route.

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 31, 2018, 12:06:30 AM

It's either the predator version of ear hair, or extreme manliness. "take a look at these savage mutton chops" ;)

"Eat it boy, it'll put some quills on yur yautjas!"

Wysps

Maybe its the lighting but the dreadlocks seem grey in color as well. Maybe it is an older predator. We will find out for sure when the movie comes out.

It's hard to tell if the dreads are grey or if it's just the lighting.  I sort of like the idea of this Predator being older - goes with the idea of it wanting to be involved with clearing up the hybrid/roiding situation that's going on in the film.  A younger Predator might be more interested in hunting, and hunting alone. Really like the bust though, especially the glistening texture of the skin.  Quills are always a plus  :)

Oh I wasn't making the connection between the quills and age, I was speaking in terms of the "grey" dreads.

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 31, 2018, 12:06:30 AM

I usually think of the quills as something akin to male chest hair  ;)

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 31, 2018, 12:40:03 AM

Oh I wasn't making the connection between the quills and age, I was speaking in terms of the "grey" dreads.

I was only chiming into the conversation of age and quills, didn't mean to put words in your mouth. lol

You know who had a lot of chest hair? Classic in Predators.

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 31, 2018, 12:52:36 AM

I was only chiming into the conversation of age and quills, didn't mean to put words in your mouth. lol

Ah, gotcha. Though I mean, there could be some age related thing going on with quills right? I wouldn't want to see them on a baby Predator lol  :D

And speaking of the Classic.....yes, that he did  ;)  More quills, always.

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 31, 2018, 01:01:48 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 31, 2018, 12:52:36 AM

Ah, gotcha. Though I mean, there could be some age related thing going on with quills right? I wouldn't want to see them on a baby Predator lol  :D

This is true, no chest hair or mutton chops on the babies, please.  :laugh:

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 31, 2018, 01:37:11 AM
This is true, no chest hair or mutton chops on the babies, please.  :laugh:

And then the little pred babies would cry

"Waaah! I wan Chesh Haiw and Musson Chomps!"

"Waaaa! Juss wike uncoo Jungoo Hunsa!"

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 31, 2018, 12:06:02 AM

I'm not sure it'd really get casuals going. Aside from perhaps Dutch's comment and Greyback giving Harrigan a pistol, the rules thing only really exists within the EU. Maybe the crappy team-up within AvP but that's more remembered derisively. And Predators gave them Predator vs. Predator. So I really don't think it'd make any kind of impact casually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed