The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 118,050 times)

dallevalle

Quote from: Cooler on May 12, 2018, 05:16:23 AM
VanXant-You do realize you can't judge a movie based on its trailer? Just like you can't judge a book by its cover.

yes you can judge a book by it's cover easy xD

Scree

Scree

Quote from: Lord Freezer on May 11, 2018, 11:49:48 AM
The collaboration between humans and predators seems to be confirmed...

Spoiler

...and then he's dead. The poor bugger. He just wanted to help.
[close]

Ramjet311

Quote from: Scree on May 12, 2018, 10:42:41 AM
Quote from: Lord Freezer on May 11, 2018, 11:49:48 AM
The collaboration between humans and predators seems to be confirmed...

Spoiler

...and then he's dead. The poor bugger. He just wanted to help.

[close]
Spoiler
i think you'll find thats the dead hand of Coyle ( KMK) and the reamins of a hybrid
[close]

The Shuriken

Quote from: blood. on May 12, 2018, 08:32:48 AM
What are they teaming up against? Are there rivalling predators again?

Are you sure you want to know? It will hurt...

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 11, 2018, 03:16:55 PM
If Im thinking right, they found the "old" Helmet and Plasma cannon from first Predator film. In P2 we see that some military personels are searching in the jungle location decimated by the nuclear explosion, they could find that. Classic Predator just throw this equipment to the water, so they could find that stuff.  8) Im judging because that helmet has the same mark damaged from shot in the middle, same like in P1. Also in 1:28 we can see some killed creatures behind Trevante Rhodes.

Hi Petr,

I'm struggling to remember where we see the military personnel in Pred 2.

Wjere does that happen?

Valaquen

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 12, 2018, 12:49:31 PM
If Im thinking right, they found the "old" Helmet and Plasma cannon from first Predator film. In P2 we see that some military personels are searching in the jungle location decimated by the nuclear explosion, they could find that. Classic Predator just throw this equipment to the water, so they could find that stuff.  8) Im judging because that helmet has the same mark damaged from shot in the middle, same like in P1. Also in 1:28 we can see some killed creatures behind Trevante Rhodes.

Hi Petr,

Wjere does that happen?

When Gary Busey's character is showing Danny Glover the operation to capture the Predator. We are shown monitors with clean-up crews searching the original Predator's blast site. You can also spot Elpidia Carrillo. The novelisation and script features more of this stuff: the film trimmed a lot of it.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Valaquen on May 12, 2018, 01:05:36 PM
Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 12, 2018, 12:49:31 PM

Hi Petr,

Wjere does that happen?

When Gary Busey's character is showing Danny Glover the operation to capture the Predator. We are shown monitors with clean-up crews searching the original Predator's blast site. You can also spot Elpidia Carrillo. The novelisation and script features more of this stuff: the film trimmed a lot of it.

Ah yes! Of course. I remember now!

Thanks for that!

Ultramorph

Showed the trailer to my mom, and her response was "This is going to be teenagers like the last AVP, isn't it?"  :laugh: Had to assure her it wasn't.

Jacku

Thought the trailer would focus more on horror seeing as this is coming out around the same time of the year as IT right?

PredatordiedwithKevin

PredatordiedwithKevin

For those that have read the script why is that Predator manhandling Boyd Holbrook? Thought they were teamed up?

dallevalle

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't want to judge the movie on the trailer. I remember I thought Blade Runner 2049 and It 2017 would be bad based on the trailers and they end up being better than expected.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: PredatordiedwithKevin on May 12, 2018, 05:44:29 PM
For those that have read the script why is that Predator manhandling Boyd Holbrook? Thought they were teamed up?

Spoiler

There are 3 'classic' preds and the upgrded pred in this film.

The one which grabs him is, presumably, the 'captured' Pred. It's not 'friendly' per se.

The other 2 classic preds are 'friendly', though. I think that's where the confusion is coming in. 

Can't say too much more without spoiling it for you.
[close]

Kailem

I thought pretty much what most people seem to have thought; it wasn't a great teaser, but I'm still hopeful. It started off fine (I don't mind the kid at the beginning at all) but towards the end when it should have been building up to some sort of cool money shot it just sort of stopped, as if the editor forget he was making a trailer and not a TV spot. But there was still some cool stuff in it.

I loved the shot of the Predator jumping down into the back of the truck and wreaking havoc, even if it was with the poor man's 'way less practical' smart disc (I've never liked the shurikens). :P That's just the sort of thing I've always wanted to see more of in these films, the Predators being a bit more agile and mobile. The ship looks new but has clearly taken some inspiration as far as the general shape of it goes from the P1 scout ship, so that's nice. And the new mask looks fine. It's certainly a distinctive new design. It's not my favourite mask to date, but I don't dislike it either, so no problems there.

I also like the idea of the military/government crossing paths with the Predators on a bigger scale than we saw in Predator 2, so I'm digging that aspect of it. I'm not really a fan of the "upgrading/hybridisation" angle, but so long as they don't try to retcon all the previous films and instead make it clear that it's just something that certain Predators, or a certain tribe/clan etc. go in for then that's ok. One of the things I liked about Predators was it basically had its cake and ate it too. It introduced the Super Predators that had a different look and used different gear and hunting tactics, but they had Classic in there too to make it clear they weren't trying to overwrite any of the stuff that had come before.

I've stayed far away from the leaked script so the only spoilery details I know of it are the ones some people keep mentioning out in the open so I'm not going to go searching for confirmation of any of that stuff one way or another. Certainly some of the things I'd heard, which have now been confirmed in the teaser and official synopsis, gave me cause for concern. But fingers crossed! Just as long as they don't go and release an R-rated trailer like AVP:R and Alien Covenant did in an attempt to say "hey, look! This one's got gore!" :P That would certainly not be a great sign.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Why didn't put from the Director of "The Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" in the trailer as well? I guess they think that people only watch superhero movies these days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed