The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,886 times)

CelticP

I would be friends with a Predator

whiterabbit

Well be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Predators and people drinking beers and singing around the campfire. None the less I liked Predators and this movie looks great so yea... I'm in the wanna see it mode. Shane Black's ass is on the line and I can't see him failing the fans now.

Aquarius8

I know it's just a teaser but that was all over the place in style and tone.   Why can't we get an all out Predator War in their Planet with some Elite Soldiers?  Is it really that hard to do?  Let me guess, the Little Boy is gonna save the day? 

yautjapet

I'm totally down for a predator/human team-up. No, it shouldn't be all kumbaya and palling around, or preds submitting to army leadership or some such nonsense, but there's precedent for them to collaborate with a human if the situation requires it. A tense, wary cooperation done only for mutual benefit could be really cool if they pull it off well.

Huggs

Huggs

I can see Predators teaming up with humans in something like AVP, where there is obvious room to do unusual and wild stuff. But for creature specific entries, like Predator movies or Alien movies, I'd rather they maintain a more seldom seen and (pun intended) predatory role. Seeing a predator just jump right into frame during the trailer, straight into the back of the truck and start kicking butt like a bloodthirsty batman just humanizes the creature too much in my opinion.

The reveal of these creatures during the film should be a game changing and awe inspiring sight. Like the first time the creature uncloaks then escapes in the original film, during the trap scene. That was great. But that scene in the truck just felt like a regular character incapacitating a threat. Then the predator at the high school, predators in the daylight shooting at trucks, it's just feels nothing like a predator movie. Where's the mystery? Where's the horror? It's noble to want to continually bring something fresh to the audience, but it is entirely possible to innovate something into failure.

This just feels like AVPR meets A-Team and The Amazing Spiderman.

KillCrites

Quote from: yautjapet on May 12, 2018, 02:39:13 AM
I'm totally down for a predator/human team-up. No, it shouldn't be all kumbaya and palling around, or preds submitting to army leadership or some such nonsense, but there's precedent for them to collaborate with a human if the situation requires it. A tense, wary cooperation done only for mutual benefit could be really cool if they pull it off well.
I believe that's what they're doing.

Hollywood

Well said, I totally agree.

Highland

I said the same, it's all in the execution, my fear is that black is no stranger to doing whacko shit for cheap laughs.

cheachea

cheachea

Cooler

Cooler

VanXant-You do realize you can't judge a movie based on its trailer? Just like you can't judge a book by its cover.

Scorpio

I'm not judging the movie, I might really enjoy it.

As for the teamup, the AVP teamup is handled much better than Predators.  Can you really picture, the predator is going to fly Royce home in his ship?  That idea sounds silly to me.

whiterabbit

The Predator is a man of honor. He kept his part of the bargain.

blood.

What are they teaming up against? Are there rivalling predators again?

cheachea

Quote from: Lord Freezer on May 11, 2018, 11:49:48 AM
The collaboration between humans and predators seems to be confirmed...

skull-splitter

Quote from: Aquarius8 on May 12, 2018, 02:34:37 AM
I know it's just a teaser but that was all over the place in style and tone.   Why can't we get an all out Predator War in their Planet with some Elite Soldiers?  Is it really that hard to do?  Let me guess, the Little Boy is gonna save the day? 
Because it only appeals to a small group of people. John Carter of Mars anyone?

And homeplanet, nope. Just don't go there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed