The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,986 times)

ace3g

Depending on how extensive the reshoots were, that might have impacted the footage they showed in the first trailer.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 11:27:13 PM
Bring it back to South America... introduce some big cloaked predator ship (no not like avp and no knightly bullshit but more like in the original script) The characters get taken with them eventually. First half in the jungle and other half in ship and planet. Would love to see some ancient people somehow half alive on their planet... just discarded not being able to speak or something like that. Places on the planet with lower gravity, bring new stuff with some world building but keep it mysterious. I would even say introduce a female-ish... predator (they must come from somewhere) but I wouldn't want to look like a breasted sporting a metal bikini or something. I could imagine her sitting in some sort of big camouflaged web or something.

That sounds like a mix between predator 1 and predators... Which was already a poor homage to the first movie... Oh and you threw in a little bit of comics fantasy too, because why not eh ?  ;)

Hollywood

Quote from: ace3g on May 10, 2018, 11:32:42 PM
Depending on how extensive the reshoots were, that might have impacted the footage they showed in the first trailer.

I think you're right, didn't look like there was anything from those cold night shoots they did in the forest, and they wouldn't want to show the parts of the 3rd act that is getting replaced with the new footage.

JD

JD

I did notice the Scar and Celtic helmets in the trailer. Looks like AvP is very much canon to this.

Highland

Ironically the best bit of the trailer is the joke in the middle. Maybe the comedy will make this better.

Hollywood

Quote from: JD on May 10, 2018, 11:44:19 PM
I did notice the Scar and Celtic helmets in the trailer. Looks like AvP is very much canon to this.

Shouldn't Scar's helmet have a scar on it? I think thats just what ADI had lying around. And I don't see Celtic's helmet but we did have helmets like this in P2: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/f/fd/Guardian.png/revision/latest?cb=20130514074327

I think it looks similar.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Dunno if easter eggs are meant to be taken so seriously, but if AVP's events are still canon to the Predator universe, maybe it's not too late for AVP 3. Or at least for a proper AVP reboot if The Predator achieves a solid box office performance.

Ultramorph

Nice, I'll have to look for those on another viewing. I do recall one of the stars a while back saying "all five films" would be referenced.

zackpred12

Where is the Celtic helmet? Because there were only 2 variations of masks that I saw. The new fugly one and scar style/original style. I could be wrong..

prototypeXIII

The movie looks like it has potential, however this teaser does not do it justice.  They deliver the entire plot in one gulp, they would have been much better off with less information and a subtle jungle scene.

A lot or reaction online is now "groaners", who ever managed the PR on this should be on the fritz.

Wysps

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 11, 2018, 01:10:44 AM

Nice, I'll have to look for those on another viewing. I do recall one of the stars a while back saying "all five films" would be referenced.

I vaguely remember this being mentioned also...

The Shuriken

For some idiotic reason, I thought it was the Jungle Hunter's helmet.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 11:03:13 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on May 10, 2018, 09:56:19 PM
There are so many places they could have taken this.

Where for example ?

I liked the teaser, but I'm confident that there are many potential scenarios to make a sequel besides suburbia: A Prehistoric setting, any period involving ancient civilizations (like Trojan War), Medieval Japan, Viking Age, The Crusades, Napoleonic Wars, Wild West, World War II,  Middle East Conflicts and any kind of futuristic setting. Or even some kind of anthology film featuring different time periods and places. Also, a hunting party formed by several alien species besides the Yautja species.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 11, 2018, 01:29:40 AM
For some idiotic reason, I thought it was the Jungle Hunter's helmet.

You know what would be really great is if they had City Hunter's helmet in there somewhere. He did leave it lying in that meat factory after all.

As to where they could have gone with this, honestly, the genetic modification stuff aside, they're more or less going exactly where I thought they should have, instead of the "Predators" route.

Predator is our first battle with them. The sequel shows that people are on the look out for Predators. So part 3 should arguably be humans turning the tables on The Predators and turning them into the prey.

Like always the devil is in the details, though. If we get some good likeable characters than the weaknesses in the story can be overlooked.

Ulthanashville

Ulthanashville

I'm really not sold on this movie. Autistic children being sent predator packages by FedEx? "Hybridization"? It's looking like the same kind of convoluted scattershot story structure that was so polarizing with Prometheus. Predator at its best is a simple concept that's presented slickly and doesn't require huge amounts of deep intellectual analysis. That's what allows it to draw in casual viewers (very important for box office takings) as well as hardcore fans. Take that simplicity away and...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed