The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 121,260 times)

Wweyland

The trailer is 1080p, but the action scenes seem really blurry for me. Maybe it's just my connection.

The Wolverine Predator

I loved it, it looks like it's gonna be a Big Movie, intense full of action and some new fresh ideas in this movie

Hollywood

Quote from: Scorpio on May 10, 2018, 09:56:19 PM
Seems like a poverty of imagination to me, much of the visuals remind me of previous Predator movies.  There are so many places they could have taken this.  Also the Stranger Things vibe, I don't get the love for Stranger Things (and I was a kid in the 80s) and all this nostalgia hype for the 80s that is cool now.

I honestly feel like we didn't get to see enough to really conclude there isn't creativity in the visuals of the film. We haven't seen any main characters die or even do much in terms of action, right? The trailer was only a minute and 30 seconds.

Doomofman

So did anyone else notice that in the shot with the X-ray of the predator it seems to have gigantic balls? Probably immature of me to point out but still... Someone included it in the movie so I'll take solace that someone is more immature than me  :P

Huggs

Wow, that was actually...worse than I expected. Like AVP, but less serious. Predator: Super 8

Liked the forest environments though. Had they kept things serious, and made the whole film about these guys being stalked through the forest, it would've given it a very original predator and "the grey" feel.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Hollywood on May 10, 2018, 10:09:11 PM
Seems like a poverty of imagination to me, much of the visuals remind me of previous Predator movies.  There are so many places they could have taken this.  Also the Stranger Things vibe, I don't get the love for Stranger Things (and I was a kid in the 80s) and all this nostalgia hype for the 80s that is cool now.

I honestly feel like we didn't get to see enough to really conclude there isn't creativity in the visuals of the film. We haven't seen any main characters die or even do much in terms of action, right? The trailer was only a minute and 30 seconds.

Yeah, well, I hear the same about the new Jurassic World ("we haven't seen the good part yet") but after the recent trailer I vowed not to see it.

Scorpio

The trailer is supposed to give you a general idea.. watch the teasers for Predator 1 and 2.  The teaser for P1 isn't great, it even has the music from Aliens in it, but it tells you what the film is.

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on May 10, 2018, 10:16:01 PM

Actually, its evident to me at least, that this is a rather Extensive Re-Imagining of the subject.  Someone with your forum ID ought to know...

If it's re-imagining, why repeat shots from AVPR?  The ship crashing in the woods is nearly the same shot for shot.

skull-splitter

I am curious how those boardmeetings went...

"Well, AvP-R tanked, Predators did not go as well as we hoped, what should we do next?"
-"keep it affordable, do it in a small town. People love small town stuff in absurd situations..."
"Like in AvP-R?"
-"What, no?! I mean like ET!"

Hollywood

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 10:30:27 PM

Yeah, well, I hear the same about the new Jurassic World ("we haven't seen the good part yet") but after the recent trailer I vowed not to see it.

Oh we can agree on that lol Jurassic world has nothing to offer me, I personally see nothing cool or particularly interesting about dinosaurs in the first place (that's just my taste). The difference is that their multiple trailers had plenty of footage though.

Quote from: Scorpio on May 10, 2018, 10:32:13 PM
The trailer is supposed to give you a general idea.. watch the teasers for Predator 1 and 2.  The teaser for P1 isn't great, it even has the music from Aliens in it, but it tells you what the film is.

I agree, all I'm saying is this trailer didn't definitively tell us what to expect in terms of creativity in action or suspense sequences. Simply didn't show much of anything in my honest opinion.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Well I thought the trailer was alright. The normal Predator (s) looked good. I have no issues with the mask.

But once they mentioned the "hybridization" and "upgrading" I lost all interest in the plot. I'm sorry but I can't accept such an idea. These creatures are fine as they are, and opening the door to this whole upgrading crap kills it for me.

At this point all I'm really interested in are the normal Predstors. I hope they have good scenes before they're all inevitably slaughtered in a ridiculously lame "old vs new" brawl match that make them look pathetic.

But it was cool to see the shuriken return, definitely one of my favorite weapons. I hope they use the same sound effect from AVP, but I doubt they well.

Ultramorph

Thought after watching on my phone:

It doesn't look bad, but the kid stuff does ring a bit too Iron Man 3. They could have done more to make it feel like a Predator trailer, rather than just having the clicking a few times.

That being said, the production value looks solid, and I'm hopeful this new direction is fun. Hopefully we get a full trailer in a month or so to give us more to judge.

Huggs

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 10:41:09 PM
I am curious how those boardmeetings went...

"Well, AvP-R tanked, Predators did not go as well as we hoped, what should we do next?"
-"keep it affordable, do it in a small town. People love small town stuff in absurd situations..."
"Like in AvP-R?"
-"What, no?! I mean like ET!"

It really does look and feel like somebody introduced the butterfly effect to AVPR, and this is the alternate events if a few minor details were changed.

Or maybe this is what happened to the other ship once the smaller ship detached. I'd half expect the military in this one to be on high alert because Gunnison was just nuked.

BigDaddyJohn

There are so many places they could have taken this.

Where for example ?

Xan21

Xan21

Bring it back to South America... introduce some big cloaked predator ship (no not like avp and no knightly bullshit but more like in the original script) The characters get taken with them eventually. First half in the jungle and other half in ship and planet. Would love to see some ancient people somehow half alive on their planet... just discarded not being able to speak or something like that. Places on the planet with lower gravity, bring new stuff with some world building but keep it mysterious. I would even say introduce a female-ish... predator (they must come from somewhere) but I wouldn't want to look like a breasted sporting a metal bikini or something. I could imagine her sitting in some sort of big camouflaged web or something.

Aceburster

First impression: feels like AvP:R all over again. Its still early though and I still have faith in Shane Black but this particular trailer isn't prying me out of my fox boycott.

I don't think the movie will be objectively "bad" but it isn't screaming PREDATOR to me either. I can't even say wasting the kid in the first 5 minutes would sell me on it because AVP:R already did that and managed to fail. Eh, I dunno. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed