The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,866 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 06:29:32 PM
I can't help but get the feeling they're in there because ADI still had some knocking around.  :laugh: I do love seeing them back, though. Really loved them in AvP.
Not too keen on them, and it is weird that everything changed in style except for the damn shiruken :P they fit the AvP style just fine, but would've like something new.

Quote from: black on May 10, 2018, 06:35:40 PM
Did not cause any emotion of this teaser! Do you think it's bad for a Predator fan?How did the teaser BR2049 play on nostolgia and what is it?
Synth music and main character hiding in his coat from the elements. It broke the mold compared to the original and managed to make something that connected ánd got an original story none the less.

Lionhart

do we have a classic predator in this movie?

skull-splitter

Quote from: Lionhart on May 10, 2018, 06:42:52 PM
Pretty sure the Empire shot has one.

Lionhart

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 06:44:22 PM
Pretty sure the Empire shot has one.

great

OpenMaw

It's debatable whether you can call that a "classic" version given that it's one of the ADI variants with the bad mandibles.

In terms of Predators we have

Spoiler

The one that get's captured. The "good"(notgood) Predators. And The Upgrade. Right?
[close]

Lionhart

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2018, 06:47:30 PM
It's debatable whether you can call that a "classic" version given that it's one of the ADI variants with the bad mandibles.

In terms of Predators we have

Spoiler

The one that get's captured. The "good"(notgood) Predators. And The Upgrade. Right?
[close]

as long as it looks like the one from predators (the captured) Im fine.

black

black

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 06:37:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 06:29:32 PM
I can't help but get the feeling they're in there because ADI still had some knocking around.  :laugh: I do love seeing them back, though. Really loved them in AvP.
Not too keen on them, and it is weird that everything changed in style except for the damn shiruken :P they fit the AvP style just fine, but would've like something new.

Quote from: black on May 10, 2018, 06:35:40 PM
Did not cause any emotion of this teaser! Do you think it's bad for a Predator fan?How did the teaser BR2049 play on nostolgia and what is it?
Synth music and main character hiding in his coat from the elements. It broke the mold compared to the original and managed to make something that connected ánd got an original story none the less.
They really tried to recreate the atmosphere of the original film and in fact we fans should appreciate it. But I don't see it here. I see only shurikens ... which should not be!!!They want to sell the film to fans of predators and avp.

CelticP

Quote from: Scree on May 10, 2018, 06:27:10 PM
This teaser looks ok. I'm not crazy about the little boy, though. However, I was delighted to see the Predator Shuriken here so I guess the AVP movies are still canon and this movie takes place some time after AVP:R. :)

You can have whatever canon your heart desires.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I haven't been following the news for the movie, but I'm already hype up for it. The third Predator movie came out 8 years ago already and it feels like yesterday since it came out.

Alienon

Alienon

Relax. AvP movies is not canon not for another AvP, not for Alien, not for Predator. They just get truly badass weapon - shuriken from AvPR. Nothing more.

ELDERCLANLEADER

The first two movies shown predators were aware of medicine and they had there own methods , it's not a stretch of the imagination that they would be aware of DNA . Predators have always been alien scientists, how else would they get there equipment ? like a nuclear bomb on their wrist for example ?

Darkness

Well, I've had time to digest the trailer now. It goes pretty damn quick so not a lot to go on. I'm not a fan of the premise - it does look extremely similar to AvP Requiem - just without the Xenomorphs. But then again, it appears to be taking the best bits of Requiem and making the film focus on soldiers and the military aspects which I did like. I don't mind the new mask actually.

Xan21

Of course because we can't have a new original design... keep it simple for the people...ughhh

Jacku

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 07:27:12 PM
The first two movies shown predators were aware of medicine and they had there own methods , it's not a stretch of the imagination that they would be aware of DNA . Predators have always been alien scientists, how else would they get there equipment ? like a nuclear bomb on their wrist for example ?

Yeah their methods were cool but grounded to a point. DNA is the makeup of all living things from plants to humans. Why would fusing their DNA with humans on the go make them bigger or tougher or anything like that?

ELDERCLANLEADER

Who knows they are aliens ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed