The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 116,112 times)

HuDaFuK

Arny

Arny

Must see more!
We do not know the tone of the film, or the mood.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 05:44:45 PM
Well, Hicks, that is the opposite of what they're saying...

That most people liked it and paid money made it make a profit. It did not make it a good film. It was solid, well executed and looked good, but other than that it basically retold Pocahontas.

A "solid, well executed" film that "looked good" doesn't equate to good just because it retold an old story? Again, just because you or I (and I really don't enjoy Avatar) don't like something doesn't make it bad. As with everything these days, the vocal minority thinks it represents the majority and that's just not the case.

Iron Man 3 was a success. Critically, financially and evidently with the movie going audience that could be bothered to sign up and vote on aggregator websites - and it's usually the ones who don't like things that are more willing to go to the effort to tell people how much they dislike something.

AVP-CAPCOM

Looks like crap.

I might c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶v̶d̶.

Sorry I don't think I would even torrential rain this either.

Plus one on whomever said this looks like AVP-R (although AVP-R was fun, whereas this is not).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 05:49:13 PM
Quote from: Xerxész on May 10, 2018, 05:47:09 PMhttps://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NEaHb6dGnZLfdg_2_b/The-Predator-Trailer-2018.jpg

I do really like the look of the new mask the more I see it.

It's a shame about the angle of this shot but yeah, loving the colour scheme and the detailing.

McTierman

McTierman

Anyone who criticizes (already), the movie ... you are not ashamed !

IT'S A TEASER TRAILER.

Do not know anything about the film, the atmosphere of the film...NOTHING!

Shane Black is an excellent screenwriter, I trust him to shake the franchise.

dallevalle

Quote from: McTierman on May 10, 2018, 05:51:59 PM
Anyone who criticizes (already), the movie ... you are not ashamed !

IT'S A TEASER TRAILER.

Do not know anything about the film, the atmosphere of the film...NOTHING!

Shane Black is an excellent screenwriter, I trust him to shake the franchise.
why would we be ashamed ? it's just our opinion we got the right to have one :)

skull-splitter

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 05:43:31 PM
Quote from: newagescamartist on May 10, 2018, 05:18:13 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 04:29:42 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Skull splitter that's only your opinion though , what exactly has been shown in this trailer that's contradictory to the lore ? Nothing. I'm liking the feel of the film there's nothing wrong with that.
A tribal race of intergallactic hunters resort to high texh splicing to stay ahead of the curve? Nice plot twist, but like the hybrid shit in Jurassic World totally unnecessary. It feels like cheap writing, give them a new trick to play with without actual need for it.

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 04:15:37 PM
I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything...
This is what I meant earlier.

Also: no forced humor? What about the guys commenting on the interogation? Cringe.

I've seen people shouting about the comics. What comics mention intensive splicing?

Damn you cringe easily  :P

A lot of people hated Iron Man 3 despite it being a fairly decent movie in terms of directing, but of course most of the people don't give a shit about directing and just want their beloved iron man to do this and that... It's cinema first and foremost, predator or not... And Shane Black is good at cinema, i think it matters greatly. But hey i'm wasting my time anyway, like i said too many people don't care about filmmaking. They don't realize they have a good director. And some of them don't seem to understand jack shit about editing a trailer either regarding all the complaints about the kid part and the ship crashing  :laugh:

Iron Man 3 was pretty terrible, but that's because the script was terrible. If The Predator turns out to be on par with Iron Man 3 it's probably time to retire the franchise. There is nothing in Iron Man 3 that comes even close to being in the same league of film-making as the original 2 Predator movies. It was shallow commercial entertainment with little to no subtext. It was fast food entertainment. Garbage for the masses. Just my opinion of course. I expect more from properties like Predator.

Perhaps because it hurt your personal feelings more than just it being "a terrible movie" ?
Well, I said the same thing about people complaining that The Last Jedi did everything wrong, ranging from having some female leads to breaking Luke's character.

I grew up on the same films but I welcomed the changes they made in that film. They were on the same trajectory as the old films and just extrapolated the thirty year time period. The ones not liking it could be broken down to two options: not liking it because it changed too much and not liking it because it didn't fit their expectations.

That being said, I'm complaining my ass off over this film the same way I complain about Jurassic World's changes without need for it. Just kept it at dinosaurs and I'd be fine. All this hybrid nonsense isn't needed to make the creatures creepier.

dallevalle

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 05:54:31 PM
Skull splitter that's only your opinion though , what exactly has been shown in this trailer that's contradictory to the lore ? Nothing. I'm liking the feel of the film there's nothing wrong with that.
A tribal race of intergallactic hunters resort to high texh splicing to stay ahead of the curve? Nice plot twist, but like the hybrid shit in Jurassic World totally unnecessary. It feels like cheap writing, give them a new trick to play with without actual need for it.

I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything...

Also: no forced humor? What about the guys commenting on the interogation? Cringe.

I've seen people shouting about the comics. What comics mention intensive splicing?

A lot of people hated Iron Man 3 despite it being a fairly decent movie in terms of directing, but of course most of the people don't give a shit about directing and just want their beloved iron man to do this and that... It's cinema first and foremost, predator or not... And Shane Black is good at cinema, i think it matters greatly. But hey i'm wasting my time anyway, like i said too many people don't care about filmmaking. They don't realize they have a good director. And some of them don't seem to understand jack shit about editing a trailer either regarding all the complaints about the kid part and the ship crashing  :laugh:

Iron Man 3 was pretty terrible, but that's because the script was terrible. If The Predator turns out to be on par with Iron Man 3 it's probably time to retire the franchise. There is nothing in Iron Man 3 that comes even close to being in the same league of film-making as the original 2 Predator movies. It was shallow commercial entertainment with little to no subtext. It was fast food entertainment. Garbage for the masses. Just my opinion of course. I expect more from properties like Predator.

Perhaps because it hurt your personal feelings more than just it being "a terrible movie" ?
Well, I said the same thing about people complaining that The Last Jedi did everything wrong, ranging from having some female leads to breaking Luke's character.

I grew up on the same films but I welcomed the changes they made in that film. They were on the same trajectory as the old films and just extrapolated the thirty year time period. The ones not liking it could be broken down to two options: not liking it because it changed too much and not liking it because it didn't fit their expectations.

That being said, I'm complaining my ass off over this film the same way I complain about Jurassic World's changes without need for it. Just kept it at dinosaurs and I'd be fine. All this hybrid nonsense isn't needed to make the creatures creepier.

dont forget weaponized raptors xD

McTierman

McTierman

Thanks dallevalle

;)  8)

newagescamartist

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 05:51:27 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 05:44:45 PM
Well, Hicks, that is the opposite of what they're saying...

That most people liked it and paid money made it make a profit. It did not make it a good film. It was solid, well executed and looked good, but other than that it basically retold Pocahontas.

A "solid, well executed" film that "looked good" doesn't equate to good just because it retold an old story? Again, just because you or I don't like something doesn't make it bad. As with everything these days, the vocal minority thinks it represents the majority and that's just not the case.

Iron Man 3 was a success. Critically, financially and evidently with the movie going audience that could be bothered to sign up and vote on aggregator websites - and it's usually the ones who don't like things that are more willing to go to the effort to tell people how much they dislike something.

That's great that people liked it. I have no issue with that. I didn't care for it at all. My concern is that if The Predator is more like Iron Man 3 than Predator, I'm gonna be rather disappointed. Whereas I have no emotional attachment to Iron Man as a franchise ( still don't understand how it would hurt my personal feelings ), I have great love for Predator. That script leaking was the worst thing that could have happened. I feel like it soured everything regarding this movie. It's just too hard to overlook. Bad script typically = bad movie. Let's hope they fixed what didn't work. Obviously we can't judge the movie until we see it, but the red flags are basically screaming at us. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 10, 2018, 05:57:21 PM
That's great that people liked it. I have no issue with that. I didn't care for it at all.

That's fair enough. I'm just saying that your one or two opinions doesn't reflect the actual quality or impressions on the film.

QuoteThat script leaking was the worst thing that could have happened. I feel like it soured everything regarding this movie. It's just too hard to overlook. Bad script typically = bad movie. Let's hope they fixed what didn't work. Obviously we can't judge the movie until we see it, but the red flags are basically screaming at us. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I think it sucks that all these details and the script leaked. I think it has soured everything as opinions are being made and solidified in a lot of cases based on something that isn't truly representative of the final product. I know the broad strokes are the same but there's more to a film that a script that was a year old when it was leaked.  I really hope it's all pulled together nicely. 

newagescamartist

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 05:54:31 PM

Now with Jurassic World, I agree. That was one of the biggest disappointments of all time for me. We finally get a movie that brings an open park...and they focus on a stupid made up hybrid? So much potential just flushed down the toilet.

Xerxész

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 05:49:13 PM
I do really like the look of the new mask the more I see it.

I don't know yet...don't like the proportion of the mask: too little part for the mandibles and too big for the forehead. Color is OK, quite modern and high-tech.

goose_3387

To those saying that we haven't seen the Upgrade in the trailer, then who are the Preds doing the killing in the trailer? Thought they were working 'with' the humans?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed