The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 118,979 times)

Brzrkr

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 05:29:02 PM
Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:26:44 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 05:23:21 PM
Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:20:41 PM
Iron Man 3 is the only one I feel that artistically tried anything different. The rest have been vanilla factory processed time wasters.

It also took over a billion.  :)

just because it made alot of money dosen't mean its good :)

In times where people have a lot of options and are frugal with money, yes, it does mean it was good.  ;)

That type of box office means people were going back.

well avatar must be a masterpiece then :D

I will forever love Jim for The Terminator, T2 and Aliens, but I don't know what he was smoking when he made that... or what people were smoking to see it so many times.  :laugh:

dallevalle

Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:35:53 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 05:29:02 PM
Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:26:44 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 05:23:21 PM
Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:20:41 PM
Iron Man 3 is the only one I feel that artistically tried anything different. The rest have been vanilla factory processed time wasters.

It also took over a billion.  :)

just because it made alot of money dosen't mean its good :)

In times where people have a lot of options and are frugal with money, yes, it does mean it was good.  ;)

That type of box office means people were going back.

well avatar must be a masterpiece then :D

I will forever love Jim for The Terminator, T2 and Aliens, but I don't know what he was smoking when he made that... or what people were smoking to see it so many times.  :laugh:

that's my point just because something makes alot of money that dosen't mean it's good :)

Corporal Hicks

It was also liked well enough by the masses. Just because you (or I in this case too) don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 05:39:12 PMthat's my point just because something makes alot of money that dosen't mean it's good :)

Again though:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 05:21:53 PM80 on Rotten Tomatoes, 79 for audience. 7.2 on IMDB. 1.2 billion box office...

dallevalle

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 05:40:31 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 05:39:12 PMthat's my point just because something makes alot of money that dosen't mean it's good :)

Again though:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 05:21:53 PM80 on Rotten Tomatoes, 79 for audience. 7.2 on IMDB. 1.2 billion box office...

i dont care what reviewers says it's just other peoples opinions all i care for is my own. ( its the only opinion that counts)

skull-splitter

But what comics are people refering to when they comment the splicing was sourced from?

I mean I own the omnibus collection and I really can't remember a single one...

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 10, 2018, 05:18:13 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 04:29:42 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Skull splitter that's only your opinion though , what exactly has been shown in this trailer that's contradictory to the lore ? Nothing. I'm liking the feel of the film there's nothing wrong with that.
A tribal race of intergallactic hunters resort to high texh splicing to stay ahead of the curve? Nice plot twist, but like the hybrid shit in Jurassic World totally unnecessary. It feels like cheap writing, give them a new trick to play with without actual need for it.

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 04:15:37 PM
I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything...
This is what I meant earlier.

Also: no forced humor? What about the guys commenting on the interogation? Cringe.

I've seen people shouting about the comics. What comics mention intensive splicing?

Damn you cringe easily  :P

A lot of people hated Iron Man 3 despite it being a fairly decent movie in terms of directing, but of course most of the people don't give a shit about directing and just want their beloved iron man to do this and that... It's cinema first and foremost, predator or not... And Shane Black is good at cinema, i think it matters greatly. But hey i'm wasting my time anyway, like i said too many people don't care about filmmaking. They don't realize they have a good director. And some of them don't seem to understand jack shit about editing a trailer either regarding all the complaints about the kid part and the ship crashing  :laugh:

Iron Man 3 was pretty terrible, but that's because the script was terrible. If The Predator turns out to be on par with Iron Man 3 it's probably time to retire the franchise. There is nothing in Iron Man 3 that comes even close to being in the same league of film-making as the original 2 Predator movies. It was shallow commercial entertainment with little to no subtext. It was fast food entertainment. Garbage for the masses. Just my opinion of course. I expect more from properties like Predator.

Perhaps because it hurt your personal feelings more than just it being "a terrible movie" ?

newagescamartist

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 05:21:53 PM
Iron Man 3 was pretty terrible, but that's because the script was terrible. If The Predator turns out to be on par with Iron Man 3 it's probably time to retire the franchise.

80 on Rotten Tomatoes, 79 for audience. 7.2 on IMDB. 1.2 billion box office...if The Predator approaches Iron Man 3 levels I think we're safe. More people enjoyed it than not.

I don't care what Rotten Tomatoes or box office numbers say. In my opinion ( as clearly stated ) I thought Iron Man 3 was garbage.

ace3g

Looking forward to the first red-band trailer.

skull-splitter

Well, Hicks, that is the opposite of what they're saying...

That most people liked it and paid money made it make a profit. It did not make it a good film. It was solid, well executed and looked good, but other than that it basically retold Pocahontas.

dallevalle

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 05:44:45 PM
Well, Hicks, that is the opposite of what they're saying...

That most people liked it and paid money made it make a profit. It did not make it a good film. It was solid, well executed and looked good, but other than that it basically retold Pocahontas.

bingo :D

Hollywood

Quote from: ace3g on May 10, 2018, 05:44:34 PM
Looking forward to the first red-band trailer.

Think we'll have to wait til Deadpool is in theaters to see that?

And what about a full trailer? I'm already wanting more lol

Xerxész

The new mask does not fit well...  ;D
Also, I think the 'tiny' plasmacaster is kinda confirmed...check those red lights on both sides of the mask. I think that's where the plasmacaster is hidden.

dallevalle

Quote from: Xerxész on May 10, 2018, 05:47:09 PM
The new mask does not fit well...  ;D
Also, I think the 'tiny' plasmacaster is kinda confirmed...check those red lights on both sides of the mask. I think that's where the plasmacaster is hidden.
https://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NEaHb6dGnZLfdg_2_b/The-Predator-Trailer-2018.jpg

that's what happends when you steal human dna you get a double chin XD

newagescamartist

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 05:43:31 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 04:29:42 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Skull splitter that's only your opinion though , what exactly has been shown in this trailer that's contradictory to the lore ? Nothing. I'm liking the feel of the film there's nothing wrong with that.
A tribal race of intergallactic hunters resort to high texh splicing to stay ahead of the curve? Nice plot twist, but like the hybrid shit in Jurassic World totally unnecessary. It feels like cheap writing, give them a new trick to play with without actual need for it.

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 04:15:37 PM
I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything...
This is what I meant earlier.

Also: no forced humor? What about the guys commenting on the interogation? Cringe.

I've seen people shouting about the comics. What comics mention intensive splicing?

Damn you cringe easily  :P

A lot of people hated Iron Man 3 despite it being a fairly decent movie in terms of directing, but of course most of the people don't give a shit about directing and just want their beloved iron man to do this and that... It's cinema first and foremost, predator or not... And Shane Black is good at cinema, i think it matters greatly. But hey i'm wasting my time anyway, like i said too many people don't care about filmmaking. They don't realize they have a good director. And some of them don't seem to understand jack shit about editing a trailer either regarding all the complaints about the kid part and the ship crashing  :laugh:

Iron Man 3 was pretty terrible, but that's because the script was terrible. If The Predator turns out to be on par with Iron Man 3 it's probably time to retire the franchise. There is nothing in Iron Man 3 that comes even close to being in the same league of film-making as the original 2 Predator movies. It was shallow commercial entertainment with little to no subtext. It was fast food entertainment. Garbage for the masses. Just my opinion of course. I expect more from properties like Predator.

Perhaps because it hurt your personal feelings more than just it being "a terrible movie" ?

How would Iron Man 3 hurt my personal feelings? Your comment doesn't even make sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed