The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 121,281 times)

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER happy to see that you liked it ;)

Xan21

Hated the 'music' in the beginning of the trailer... well it's just... tones...

Puts on Predator 2 soundtrack

ThePredatorUK

Quote from: Xerxész on May 10, 2018, 02:41:56 PM
At least the Upgrade has a mask...it seems.
In the script he has no mask.
we ain't seen the upgrade yet

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 03:00:17 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:48:29 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:45:47 PMthe whole dna thing goes against everything we saw from predator 1 and 2

In what way?

for starters they come here to hunt for trophy's not collecting our dna :3 watch the movies again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTGUFQL8UWo

But that doesn't prevent them to have other motives too, no ? They hunt for sport AND for some DNA from the worthiest opponent ? That doesn't sound contradictory.

it does when the point of them coming to earth is to hunt and to prove themself ( aaah what a great day of hunting oh well time for my substances abuse)

It was never established clearly that it was their only purpose

dallevalle

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 03:17:26 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:45:47 PMthe whole dna thing goes against everything we saw from predator 1 and 2

In what way?

for starters they come here to hunt for trophy's not collecting our dna :3 watch the movies again.

But that doesn't prevent them to have other motives too, no ? They hunt for sport AND for some DNA from the worthiest opponent ? That doesn't sound contradictory.

it does when the point of them coming to earth is to hunt and to prove themself ( aaah what a great day of hunting oh well time for my substances abuse)

yes it was.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 03:12:21 PM
Embrace the change people.
Oh lord, your one of those "just be glad you get a watered down version of your favorite film, it's better than nothing" people, aren't you? :P

In short: no. I will see it, but will see it separately from the originals by definition as it stands.

In what way?

Maybe I missed a film in which it stated otherwise, but Predator, Predator 2, AvP, AvP-R and Predators all where pretty conclusive when it comes to this.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 03:18:41 PMyes it was.

No, it wasn't. It was why they were there in that instance. Who's to say what else they get up to with their lives.

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 03:19:10 PMOh lord, your one of those "just be glad you get a watered down version of your favorite film, it's better than nothing" people, aren't you? :P

No. We have no idea yet whether the film will be "watered down".

He's just not automatically against them trying something new.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Skull splitter you have seen a minute and half sneak peak , how do you know it's "watered" down ? ???

Azamultic thanks bro ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

And for those who love comic stuff and keep mentioning comics issues, you do realize that a brilliant idea in a comic could appear as totally shitty in a movie ? Different media, different results.

I don't think it's relevant comparing movies and comics, saying "oh why they didn't do this thing from the comics etc"...

ChanceVance

Quote from: newbeing on May 10, 2018, 02:59:55 PM
I don't mind the DNA splicing angle, but what makes my eyes roll is whenever a character somehow explicitly knows what the monster/alien is doing and why, and has to lay it out as exposition. Granted it may be more carefully revealed in the movie, but for them to so flatly explain it in this trailer feels like a big reveal that could have been saved for the movie.

I'm sure it's not a completely modern cliche but yeah a lot of movies these days slow everything right down to fit in an exposition scene. Predator 1 and 2 still had explanatory dialogue but it was delivered in reaction to the creature's actions, not from some well thought out hypothesis. 
Jungle Hunter avoids wires, takes bodies and doesn't go after people with guns. Must be using trees and hunting for sport. City Hunter targets Danny and King Willy. Can't be coincidence, it's obviously trailing Harrigan. 

XenoVC

I can't get over the inciting event in plot being the kid unknowingly driving the Predator ship if that's the case. Editing got me messed up there.

Despite Requiem-like setting, we have a dymanic, intriguing cast in line with the franchise at large and not pure b-movie slasher tv putz.

Shuriken is straight up pulled out of AvP down to the design. Whaaaaat.

How would they have the original Predator's bio-mask if only Dutch saw him and he vaporized?

Genuinely do not know what the extent of this hybrid angle is going to be, but the introduction of it is just inviting people to go straight to Jurassic World in the reboot realm.

No hint of any suggested teamups between species which is a relief.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 03:18:41 PM

In what way?

yes it was.

Indeed it was... Wait... No i'm kidding, it was not  :P

Original Predator

Quote from: D88M on May 10, 2018, 03:08:21 PM
They took so long on delivering a trailer to deliver this? It looks totally generic, could be any random action movie, typical crappy dialogues, IM3 was crap, the trailer shows and says nothing about the movie. And are those the damned Shurikens from the crappy AVP movies and crappy AVP game? No hope in this movie at all honestly

It does look like they used props and costumes from all the recent movies, dug em out of storage.  Probably heavily invested in the Hybrid/(true) Super Pred that they just by-passed any suit design for the "other" preds.  Which sucks cause those were all dumb designs.

ThePredatorUK

Quote from: XenoVC on May 10, 2018, 03:29:50 PM
I can't get over the inciting event in plot being the kid unknowingly driving the Predator ship if that's the case. Editing got me messed up there.

Despite Requiem-like setting, we have a dymanic, intriguing cast in line with the franchise at large and not pure b-movie slasher tv putz.

Shuriken is straight up pulled out of AvP down to the design. Whaaaaat.

How would they have the original Predator's bio-mask if only Dutch saw him and he vaporized?

Genuinely do not know what the extent of this hybrid angle is going to be, but the introduction of it is just inviting people to go straight to Jurassic World in the reboot realm.

No hint of any suggested teamups between species which is a relief.
you've only seen a 1.30 teaser, you'll get more answers when you see the full trailer and movie

Jacku

The dialogue just reminds me of the Jurassic World when Chris  Pratt was talking to Bryce Dallas Howard about raptors. And DNA splicing confirmed. The problem for me is that DNA is in every part of our bodies so surely a strand of hair is enough. And I know its fiction but genetic splicing working instantly just seems silly for the predators (like face hugger blood growing a full size xeno in minutes over one laying an egg inside a man for a period of time in a more plausible way) But the predator looks cool in action. Wanna see him kill folk in urban locations again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed