'The Predator' Does Not Take Place in the Suburbs

Started by goose_3387, Nov 06, 2016, 07:03:38 AM

Author
'The Predator' Does Not Take Place in the Suburbs (Read 13,668 times)

John Reaper

John Reaper

Like what some people here are saying, I do hope that the Middle East is the true setting because that would be a nice change of location from the jungle or a city. In my opinion, I would have preferred Jason Statham as the lead because he is a well-known seasoned action star who is still making movies and that he is one of those wiry tough guys who really is a tough guy. Watching a predator speculating a war between terrorists and soldiers, then jumping in the battlefield to hunt everyone for sport, would be epic to see.

System Apollo

A Middle Eastern setting is so predictable though.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Joker on Nov 09, 2016, 12:08:08 AM
The film being set in only a suburban setting never really made any sense.

I think the film will have multiple settings/perspectives. A middle eastern setting would be sweet, but I don't see that happening, though Holbrook as a soldier who's team is hunted while in war would have made for an awesome film.

Something set to the backdrop of a Middle Eastern conflict perhaps?

Quote from: System Apollo on Nov 09, 2016, 04:50:44 AM
A Middle Eastern setting is so predictable though.

You say that but it never comes. As the modern conflict zones, I think it makes a fair bit of sense.

System Apollo

The Middle East checks only two of the three things from the box. It is usually picked because it is hot and a conflict zone but it is also dry and arid with no food. I only say that it is predictable because we usually jump to it for the reason that it is hot and a conflict setting but for the most part it has nothing else suitable for Predator. Places like Oceana (Not Australia of course), Africa, South Eastern Asia and South America are good choices seeing as cities have already been done before.

SiL

The Predator is here to hunt, not go on a buffet.

BishopShouldGo

Could've been a real Spielbergian moment to have the predator uncloak itself in a tree, outside a lurking child's bedroom.

System Apollo

Quote from: SiL on Nov 09, 2016, 09:28:49 PM
The Predator is here to hunt, not go on a buffet.
But it was included in the Black and Dekker brochure!

In all seriousness, for those of you who pick Middle East as a good setting, how would you pace the plot?

Whiskeybrewer

I wouldnt have the Middle East as the whole film. I'd have that as the opening, then move to Japan

System Apollo

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 10, 2016, 12:07:44 PM
I wouldnt have the Middle East as the whole film. I'd have that as the opening, then move to Japan
This is unpredictable which makes me interested. Why Japan though? No conflict and no standing military?

426Buddy

Quote from: System Apollo on Nov 10, 2016, 08:11:30 PM
This is unpredictable which makes me interested. Why Japan though? No conflict and no standing military?

Aliens have infested the sewers in Japan.

System Apollo

lol! The aliens in the sewers premise has been done too much. AvP on the SNES had the second level dedicated to sewers, AvP Requiem used the sewers for the second act and Eternal, which was my favorite in the way they utilized it; also had them in the sewers of Japan.

Mr.Turok

I'm surprised the question even popped up. They don't fit in that kind of environment.

Than again...AVPR.

The Alien Predator

Because... GOJIRA:laugh:

Can you imagine the skull trophy? You could live inside! Maybe turn that skull into the bridge of your spaceship.

Ok in all seriousness, maybe the Predator arrives to hunt some Yakuza, although that's been done before (P2 had him hunting gangs in a city and Predators had him fight a Yakuza) but still, just trying to think of a serious reason why one would go to Japan.

HuDaFuK

The trouble with Japan is it's still an absolute bastard to film there. Regulations are insanely tight.

Look at Ridley packing up shop partway through Black Rain and buggering off back to the States lol.

Whiskeybrewer

For me its the Samurai concept, the honourable warriors squaring off. I did have the idea of an aged Japanese Businessman hiring the survivor of the opening scene. At one point i thought of him being a Yutani, but that would probs be a step too far

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed