Story: Military Vs. Predator?

Started by Johnny Handsome, Feb 24, 2016, 11:48:15 AM

Author
Story: Military Vs. Predator? (Read 4,933 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 24, 2016, 11:34:40 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 24, 2016, 10:53:47 PM
It sounds more like Rambo III. :P

Well we don't know anything about the film!

I mean for all we know it could be set in a pinewood forest! Different from a jungle.. or it could be in the desert! No idea what this movie could be!

It could be a movie about four teenaged Predators learning the ways of ninjutsu.  :)

I like the idea you proposed about it being like First Blood. There's loads of potential in that. It could show a Predator use his cunning to survive rather than to hunt. I enjoyed the movie First Blood.

Speaking of which, do you think that Stallone should be in a Predator movie? I know the guy is old now, but that would've been badass if Sly played a character in a Predator film.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 24, 2016, 11:51:22 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 24, 2016, 11:34:40 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 24, 2016, 10:53:47 PM
It sounds more like Rambo III. :P

Well we don't know anything about the film!

I mean for all we know it could be set in a pinewood forest! Different from a jungle.. or it could be in the desert! No idea what this movie could be!

It could be a movie about four teenaged Predators learning the ways of ninjutsu.  :)

I like the idea you proposed about it being like First Blood. There's loads of potential in that. It could show a Predator use his cunning to survive rather than to hunt. I enjoyed the movie First Blood.

Speaking of which, do you think that Stallone should be in a Predator movie? I know the guy is old now, but that would've been badass if Sly played a character in a Predator film.
One always knows that they struck a nerve when somebody claims "we don't know nothing about the movie" when said plot theory is in reference to a bad movie.  :laugh:

So basically you want Rambo vs Predator? The AVP would be strong in that one. However I suppose if Rambo is to die it should be by the hands of a true alien warrior. Then again considering how old Rambo has to be the Predator might just stop by and give him a hug and trade photo's of their grandkids.  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I see what you did there... And the soundtrack should be by Chuck Lorre!

I would love to see this Predator movie following the vein of First Blood. The Hunter becomes the Hunted-- and this time he or she has to survive as the tables are turned on the Hunter from the very start. First Blood was an awesome movie, and I would love for the franchise to do that with this upcoming movie. As long as it's set in a familiar setting, preferably Earth, or a colonized world that humans inhabited already-- I could be down with the First Blood concept for Predator. It just works!

There was a time that I would've said Stallone should be in a Predator movie. I'm a Rocky fan as I am from Philadelphia and Stallone's Rocky movies were filmed in some of the neighborhoods I am familiar with. I'm also a Rambo fan.. I think.. ten years ago Stallone could've done it but now he's nearing his seventies, if he isn't there already-- so that time has long since past. Had a Predator sequel been done in the 90s or early 2000s... Stallone would've been the ideal candidate for such a movie. It's up his ally.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 25, 2016, 12:30:06 AM
So basically you want Rambo vs Predator? The AVP would be strong in that one. However I suppose if Rambo is to die it should be by the hands of a true alien warrior. Then again considering how old Rambo has to be the Predator might just stop by and give him a hug and trade photo's of their grandkids.  :laugh:

Interestingly enough.. the Predator franchise started off as a joke between executives.. Predator originally started off as a joke fight between Rocky Balboa and an alien! No seriously, that's how Predator started!

happypred

happypred

Predator Big Game

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Hmm something that we would not expect and expand on the mythology... oh man god, predators going to be bringing his kid on the hunt. It's like a camp out. Two dudes, in a forest, killing army dudes. What more can a papa pred ask for. Be funny too if this time, it's a Bitch doing the hunting.

Yea my vote is for a female predator.

Predator_Spirit

Danke Johnny, I missed that one.

The military, as main humans characters are the way to go for a good Pred movie.Here's hoping it'll be that..

walker31

walker31

Considering the tagline already says "you'll never see him coming", I would assume it won't be a female predator.

I wonder if they'd consider doing a flashback sequence, showing Predator fighting in WWII and then the same Predator in present day.

My idea is kind of combining the comics Bloody Sands of Time and the Captive.  Maybe the government has had a captured Predator since the 1940's and it escapes.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: walker31 on Feb 25, 2016, 02:07:18 PM
Considering the tagline already says "you'll never see him coming", I would assume it won't be a female predator.

What if we'll never see HIM coming because we're only going to see HER coming?

walker31

walker31

Quote from: overthere on Feb 25, 2016, 02:38:58 PM
Quote from: walker31 on Feb 25, 2016, 02:07:18 PM

What if we'll never see HIM coming because we're only going to see HER coming?
That's an interesting idea.  Or maybe a mother training her son?

Johnny Handsome

In the end of the day it says this: The Predator is f**king invisible so it will get you by surprise.

I love this speculation of ours and what people actually make out of a tagline though :D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

:laugh:

So much fun to be had here.

Be neat if they went sexy predator for the females. Maybe the Predator has to save his babe from those nasty army dudes.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 25, 2016, 10:24:16 PM
Be neat if they went sexy predator for the females. Maybe the Predator has to save his babe from those nasty army dudes.

Sounds like King Kong Lives.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2016, 02:11:16 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 25, 2016, 10:24:16 PM

Sounds like King Kong Lives.
Well maybe we can make it more like Peter Jackson's King Kong and have the predator kill T-Rexs and other prehistoric beast in the beginning.

Corporal Hicks

I know you're just taking the piss but I'd love to see the Predators fighting some other creature in this one. Even as a bit of an intro.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2016, 08:21:22 AM
I know you're just taking the piss but I'd love to see the Predators fighting some other creature in this one. Even as a bit of an intro.
I couldn't help myself there with the King Kong pun but I was being serious. Having a Predator hunting game other than humans is something that is on all of our wish lists. Well... something other than a xenomorph or person. Personally I would like to a see a predator movie that doesn't have people in it. I really do think they could pull it off too. Of course everyone else seems to think that idea is outright impossible. Oh well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed