The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 15, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

Author
The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title? (Read 36,060 times)

overthere

"You'll never see him coming"

Does that mean we won't even see the Predator in the movie?  :P

KiramidHead

The Predator, eh? ;D

"In the event of a Predator, it is airline policy to always use the indefinite article a predator, never your Predator."

The Shuriken

I'm just happy there's something about the film after so long.

The Shuriken

No way that has anything to do with the actual movie. Just a quick mock up poster to give us the title.

viendammage

Would a female Predator be vastly different than a male? Or are they gender-less?

The Shuriken

Quote from: viendammage on Feb 16, 2016, 04:45:21 AM
Would a female Predator be vastly different than a male? Or are they gender-less?

It varies in the EU. One iteration has females being bigger than males, with slight breasts, another series has them as hermaphrodites. It can go anyway.

future_Tarzan³

Is this a remake?

overthere

Is this part of the forum completely unaware of the sticky thread above? Everything's there.

whiterabbit

Sounds and looks like a prequel.  ???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've split everything off and merged it into one thread.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 16, 2016, 01:47:11 AM
No way that has anything to do with the actual movie. Just a quick mock up poster to give us the title.

If it is, I think it's a terrible announcement. No clarity as to the intent.

Mike’s Monsters

I'm thinking it's just a promotional image of the overall character of THE Predator. And with the news of the new movie coming everyone jumped the gun and assumed it's promotional material for it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's called The Predator at this point, but I have a feeling this isn't for the new movie at all. Especially since this is an image used for promotion with the last film. They wouldn't recycle like that (except for new home releases). Not for a new film, at least.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Feb 16, 2016, 05:10:34 AM
Is this a remake?

No. The new film is a sequel. Here's everything we know so far: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/predator-movies/predator-4/

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 16, 2016, 08:31:03 AM
I'm thinking it's just a promotional image of the overall character of THE Predator.

That was my thought too. That's why I didn't jump all over it. It could be, no denying that. Just want an actual announcement rather than guessing.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2016, 08:57:24 AM
That was my thought too. That's why I didn't jump all over it. It could be, no denying that. Just want an actual announcement rather than guessing.

Same here. I've almost corrected a few people today, and then saw the news sites running it. I want to make sure it's not before I go sounding like a know-it-all to people who aren't in the immediate fandom/community.  :D

It was just a holiday here in the U.S., by the way. So you may not get an answer for a few more hours likely, if they are even quick on responding.

Space Invader

Maybe the movie is about the crucified Predator from Predators? About him hunting on Earth and, in the end, getting tied to the totem on the game preserve? Just a wild guess.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 16, 2016, 08:31:03 AMI'm thinking it's just a promotional image of the overall character of THE Predator.

Yeah, this.

Still, I like the artwork and slogan. Has a bit of an oldschool 80s feel to it.

Quote from: Super Predator on Feb 16, 2016, 09:16:57 AMMaybe the movie is about the crucified Predator from Predators? About him hunting on Earth and, in the end, getting tied to the totem on the game preserve?

I wouldn't put too much credence in the use of the Crucified suit. They haven't entered production yet, it's not like they'll have a new suit made already.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed