Arnold Schwarzenegger Has Not Been Contacted About Predator 4

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 30, 2015, 12:11:44 PM

Author
Arnold Schwarzenegger Has Not Been Contacted About Predator 4 (Read 41,054 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

With Terminator Genisys now out in cinemas around the world, Arnold Schwarzenegger has been making the rounds at various events to promote the film. During a special preview screening of Terminator Genisys he did a Q&A with various redditors. At one point he was asked about Shane Black’s upcoming Predator 4.

Schwarzenegger said that he hadn’t be contacted  about Predator 4 and he didn’t know anything about the upcoming sequel. He did express confidence in Shane Black’s writing though and disappointment in the sequels that followed Predator.

I’d certainly love to see Arnold Schwarzenegger make a return to the Predator franchise. What about you guys and girls? Thanks to Doctor_Foster for the news.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though many fans are probably not too keen for Arnold returning to be in another Predator movie specifically due to his age, I'd be more than happy to welcome Arnold's return seeing as he really encapsulates someone who could take on a  Predator and come out alive. The following Predator sequel are by no means bad but many would agree with Arnold that no sequel has quite reached the level of greatness that the original movie delivered. I heard of script written by Sam Park titled Predator the deadlier of the species. It was meant to take place in New York during a blizzard where a Predator would be hunting Dutch, seems like a missed opportunity.

Corporal Hicks

I think Arnie would be able to fit in in advisory role pretty easily. Doesn't have to be an action role - and even then, he's still capable of that.

Mike

I loved all 3 Predator movies and I think Avp is good as we'll. the 2nd not so much. But I think the 1st 3 Predator movies are all gold. Some will argue that Predators was more or less a copy of the 1st which I totally totally disagree with. I loved Predators as it put a new fresh take on the franchise and kept it going and still had a lot in common with the 1st. Predators was just so awsome and a really badass movie of Predators fighting Predators. I love the way the atmosphere was done. That intense feeling of knowing these enemy Predators are lurking near bye and you have to get to somewhere safe. Predators was too awsome. It did it's job by keeping the franchise going and being a awsome badass movie regardless and you have to give credit to that

Xenomorphine

He'd be great to see in a military veteran role, again. However, I'm not sure it would be a good idea, at all, for him to reprise that particular role.

None of the other Predators would know who he is and they don't seem to be into revenge if the opponent won, fair and square, anyway.

On the other side of the equation, Dutch seemed very much against getting involved with intelligence services and the like - who would have probably already got all the interviews they needed out of him by now.

Also, his salary would be better spent on other aspects of the project. :)

Mike

I want to see all 3 badasses return! Major Dutch! Lt Harrigan! And Mercanary Royce! 3 of the most awsome characters ever put on screen. In a way it's kinda cool the way Predator 2 turned out with a new star because the sequel created another new badass to the Predator team and I think that's what sparked another! New badass! In Mercanary Royce! All 3 films are very unique as it's a franchise that was bald to stay alive by also createing new characters and not using the same star that all sequels use in that formula to warrant successful movies. But I would love to see Dutch back would be really cool!

blood.

I can just imagine old Dutch being some dark mysterious recluse completely withdrawn from society that the team / main character of the new film seeks out to try and discover how to beat it. Old Dutch could still be a badass, hunting in the mountains or something, just using a knife to kill grizzlys or something lol. Just don't put him against a predator again. Please.

Valaquen

I've heard that he's the best thing about the new Terminator. He could do very well, though probably not in a lead role. I'd settle for a cameo, really, I like how each film introduced a new cast of characters,

Corporal Hicks

I could easily buy him hunting down the Predators or working towards that end. I'd be happy to see him in some advisory role towards a team working to track the Predators. Similar to how he was originally going to be in Predator 2 but without the doing it to steal the Predator tech.

RakaiThwei

I'm gonna have to watch this later on because I am at the library and the floor I'm one doesn't have head phones. So.. what time frame does he talk about the Predator movies at?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 30, 2015, 02:46:14 PM
I'm gonna have to watch this later on because I am at the library and the floor I'm one doesn't have head phones. So.. what time frame does he talk about the Predator movies at?

I thought I'd got the video to start at the right time but it's about 12.00 to 14.00

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

His summary is essentially that Predator 2 was supposedly rushed into production, also he was unhappy with some of the creative decisions and he opted to instead star in Terminator 2 "which honestly was the right career choice because Terminator 2 is considered by many his greatest performance"

His remarks are that he feels that none of the Predator sequels "and by that he's referring to all of them from Predator 2, Alien vs Predator, Aliens vs Predator Requiem and Predators" he feels that none of them has measured up as being as equally as satisfying at the original movie.

He starred in the first film then it became a franchise that no longer centered on his character, so one might assume that part of his judgment is that he never got to participate in any of the sequels or that they failed to make an impression on him. But hey it a matter of opinion.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Mike on Jun 30, 2015, 01:12:07 PM
I want to see all 3 badasses return! Major Dutch! Lt Harrigan! And Mercanary Royce! 3 of the most awsome characters ever put on screen. In a way it's kinda cool the way Predator 2 turned out with a new star because the sequel created another new badass to the Predator team and I think that's what sparked another! New badass! In Mercanary Royce! All 3 films are very unique as it's a franchise that was bald to stay alive by also createing new characters and not using the same star that all sequels use in that formula to warrant successful movies. But I would love to see Dutch back would be really cool!

Weylan

All great, but personal opinion:

Predator 2>Predator>Predators>AvP>AvP-R

To me Predator 2 is the ultimate Predator film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed