YES
16 (80%)
NOT SURE
1 (5%)
NO
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author
Future theme for predator movie (Read 6,047 times)

Corporal Hicks

Maybe the Predators we've seen are actually only a small portion of their race. Or maybe it's a completely separate culture/off-shoot? And it's that off-shoot that is stagnant.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2015, 03:37:07 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 27, 2015, 03:34:02 PM
A Predator movie set in the future? Mmmm.. Only if it's separate from the Alien timeline, or as a continuation of AVP but.. that's it.

I dunno...seeing a Predator only film where they go up against some Colonial Marines could be really fun!
I was thinking of it to be set in Fury 161 ( predator in avp 1999 and alien in alien 3) what do you think

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 27, 2015, 03:41:59 PM
I dunno...seeing a Predator only film where they go up against some Colonial Marines could be really fun!

Oh I'm not denying that, but with this revisionist history going on within the Alien timeline... Yeeeaaaaaah, I'd prefer it to be a separate thing entirely or a continuation of AvP. You know.. multiple timelines.. all that jive.

One thing I'd like to see... Predator in a futuristic city setting. Kind of cyberpunk setting? I know that someone mentioned an AvP script written in a Blade Runner type setting, just remove the Alien, revise the Predator as the main antagonist... There you go.
wouldn't that be similar to predator 2 and predator 2 got bad reviews ( i loved predator 2 )

A Predator movie set in the future? Mmmm.. Only if it's separate from the Alien timeline, or as a continuation of AVP but.. that's it.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 27, 2015, 09:09:16 AM
Will we get it? Doubt it, it'd be too expensive.

Agreed..
Well if FOX puts equal amount of effort and money they get the money and good response from the audience and fans

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 05, 2015, 02:41:11 PM
Maybe the Predators we've seen are actually only a small portion of their race. Or maybe it's a completely separate culture/off-shoot? And it's that off-shoot that is stagnant.
So have different types of predators?

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

A Predator film set in the future that serves as a prelude for an AVP film is something I would like to see.

Regarding the Predator's stagnant technology, could time dilation be used to explain that?  I have no clue how it works.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 01, 2015, 12:31:38 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 05, 2015, 02:41:11 PM
So have different types of predators?

We already do. Nothing to stop more.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 04, 2015, 07:07:58 PM
Regarding the Predator's stagnant technology, could time dilation be used to explain that?  I have no clue how it works.

Maybe...in terms of space travel if they don't use an advanced form of travel but...it's stretching it.

PRJ_since1990

I would think that ultimately the idea moving forward is to tie these franchises together right? They have 2 films, numerous comics and games, and yet the USCM have not yet fought the Predators on the big screen. Only due to the fact that the USCM haven't been used outside of ALIENS in film.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 02, 2016, 01:59:29 AM

I would think that ultimately the idea moving forward is to tie these franchises together right? They have 2 films, numerous comics and games, and yet the USCM have not yet fought the Predators on the big screen. Only due to the fact that the USCM haven't been used outside of ALIENS in film.
Fingers crossed.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 02, 2016, 01:59:29 AM

It would seem there is some interest in creating a more coherent Alien/Predator/Prometheus universe - at least in comic form. It'd be interesting to see that translate to the big screen too. Assuming it's done well, I'd quite happily watch the M41A go up against the Plasma Casters. It'd probably be a safe way to dip their toes in the water.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

QuoteI'd quite happily watch the M41A go up against the Plasma Casters.

Agreed. Although, I wonder what standard explosive tipped light armor piercing rounds would do to a Predators armor? In Predator, Predator 2 and Predators unless they are hit in the unprotected/exposed areas of the armor. Normal 20th and 21st century rounds just seem to bounce right off.

Sgt Harry G Wells

I'd love to see a Predator film set in a Blade Runner like future and if it was to be linked to the Aliens universe in any way shapr or form they could always have Weyland-Yutani going after a Predator or Predators for their technology. I don't think it will have any connection though. I still really like the idea of a WWII non jungle setting as well though.

Xenomorphine

I really don't see what would be gained by pitting Colonial Marines up against Predators, these days. The US military would be much like them, even today. Smart-guns, no, but smart bullets have already been invented and motion sensors have been a thing for a very long time (the public areas near to Area 51 are famously littered with them).

And, to be honest, I wouldn't give a Predator much of a chance against us... Our technology is already on parity with theirs - if not even better.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Except the whole interstellar travel thing, they still have that on us.  :)

Master

Master

And pocket nuclear-like devices. That too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

And plasma guns.

Corporal Hicks

And light weight metals that cut through steal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed