Yes
13 (20.6%)
No
23 (36.5%)
Don't really care
27 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author
Female protagonist in the next Predator movie (Read 11,672 times)

WickerMan

AVP Galaxy: Tumblr Edition

Xenoscream

Retarded poll, why not just say Yes or No? If we are really talking about equality it shouldn't matter which I choose whereas this poll implies there is a right and wrong choice.

Samhain13

Quote from: Xenoscream on Jul 14, 2014, 02:04:11 PM
Retarded poll, why not just say Yes or No? If we are really talking about equality it shouldn't matter which I choose whereas this poll implies there is a right and wrong choice.
Retarded poll made by a retard, to some people its not about equality but about everyone else having to agree with them otherwise they must be losers.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Ghostface on Jul 12, 2014, 11:58:37 PM
I don't care who's the protagonist as long as it's a good fkn movie.

This.

Magegg

If she's believable, I'm in. They would have to get a really good actress.

SM

It depends on the sort of action they want.  If Arnie gets beaten up by a Predator, it's silly to expect a woman to go toe-to-toe physically with a Predator.  If that isn't an issue, then there's no reason you couldn't have a woman in the lead role.

Mind you, no matter how the woman wins, you'll get complaints from the guys who dig big glistening muscles (in a totally hetero way) whining that the Predator has been emasculated (once they look up the meaning of emasculated).

Spoonman101

Quote from: SM on Jul 14, 2014, 10:02:49 PM
It depends on the sort of action they want.  If Arnie gets beaten up by a Predator, it's silly to expect a woman to go toe-to-toe physically with a Predator.  If that isn't an issue, then there's no reason you couldn't have a woman in the lead role.

Mind you, no matter how the woman wins, you'll get complaints from the guys who dig big glistening muscles (in a totally hetero way) whining that the Predator has been emasculated (once they look up the meaning of emasculated).

QuoteThat Got dang Predator will look like a sissy I tell ye'hwat!

DUB1

These guys can always try and convince themselves that the Predator who lost to the woman was also female.

And hell, it's not like we can prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Predators we've seen were indeed male. I'd love to see how those guys would react if every Predators that we know of were revealed to have been female ones.

Magegg

The heroine could try to outsmart the Predator, it's not need to be a completely physical confrontation.

whiterabbit

In all honesty, if it is a straight up one on one, the human should come up on the dead end. Arnie only won because of a chance opportunity and Harrigan because that predator was stupid. In short humans win by taking advantage of opportunities as they appear, not because of what is or is not hanging between their legs.

OpenMaw

The way I see it, you can't really do it, because it messes up the whole thematic element of the two franchises. Predator movies feature big strong men fighting vagina mouthed lizard men, and Alien features strong women fighting penis-headed rape monsters. You can't mix your film metaphors, damnit.

Magegg

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 15, 2014, 03:35:32 AM
The way I see it, you can't really do it, because it messes up the whole thematic element of the two franchises. Predator movies feature big strong men fighting vagina mouthed lizard men, and Alien features strong women fighting penis-headed rape monsters. You can't mix your film metaphors, damnit.
^ win

whiterabbit

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 15, 2014, 03:55:29 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 15, 2014, 03:35:32 AM
^ win
Can't argue with that.

Although what ever would a guy do with a vagina mouth...

Corporal Hicks

It really depends what they want to do with the story. If they're going for the normal formula then no, it probably wouldn't work. Yes, there can be woman as big and strong as Arnie but I really don't think Fox would think it'd suit the demographic.

However, if they tried something different involving smarts then maybe because physical size wouldn't be an issue but that might be too much an issue for the fans if it moved away from the formulaic Predator approach. But, we've had female main characters in the films so that's not really anything new.

darkbladeclan6438

I say yes, but they lose to the predator and get skinned alive and show it onscreen and then some meathead is the main protagonist, like in the friday the 13th remake where the beginning is everyone 'dying'

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed