Things You Want in the New Predator Film

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 11:52:10 PM

Author
Things You Want in the New Predator Film (Read 14,910 times)

Spoonman101

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 29, 2014, 06:52:56 PM
No, the Predator would be alone on its own during most of the movie, but the point of view would be the one of the command that is tracing him.
Predator 4
IMDb: 1.3
Rotten Tomatoes: 18 %

Master

I`d love to see Predator film like First Blood, only with Predator insted of Rambo.

Predator hunts in middle east, attacks base of some war lord etc. Then this base is also hit by some third party, with high tech weapons, choopers ( :P ). It turnes out to be team lead by Garber, or somthing similar. Predator is wounded and on the run with those humans going after him. They have him outnumbered and think they have advantage  but as this man(pred?)hunt prolongs creature manages to take them one by one.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 29, 2014, 09:07:39 PM
Predator hunts in middle east, attacks base of some war lord etc. Then this base is also hit by some third party, with high tech weapons, choopers ( :P ). It turnes out to be team lead by Garber, or somthing similar. Predator is wounded and on the run with those humans going after him. They have him outnumbered and think they have advantage  but as this man(pred?)hunt prolongs creature manages to take them one by one.

This.. A THOUSAND times this!  ;D

genocyber

I'd like to see a story of two different Predators hunting and competing against eachother.

Magegg

Quote from: Master on Jun 29, 2014, 09:07:39 PM
I`d love to see Predator film like First Blood, only with Predator insted of Rambo.

Mmmh, that's pretty much what I said in the other thread ¬¬

I like either this Predators vs Terrorists idea, the one of an unarmed Predator surviving on Earth, or the Predator meets The Cube or Predator's gladiator arena ideas.

Spoonman101

If the administrators here obtain Shane Black's IP they should ban him so he doesn't get a glimpse of these threads and starts feeling "influenced."...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 30, 2014, 04:47:16 AM
If the administrators here obtain Shane Black's IP they should ban him so he doesn't get a glimpse of these threads and starts feeling "influenced."...

I don't think Shane Black actually cares enough to actually visit the site. I would think that he is too busy with many projects to even acknowledge that this site may even exist.

Spoonman101

He knows it exists. Any person who is even a fan let alone involved would visit AvPgalaxy. Going on to the forums is a different story.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 30, 2014, 04:52:53 AM
He knows it exists. Any person who is even a fan let alone involved would visit AvPgalaxy. Going on to the forums is a different story.

Even if he is aware that it exist, what makes you think he's going to be visiting it?

I mean sure the Strause Brothers visited but that was just a one time thing. I think Shane's going to be using his own ideas, rather than borrowing or being influenced by ideas from the fandom.

Spoonman101

I don't want to talk about whether Shane Black visits AvPG or not...
QuoteI think Shane's going to be using his own ideas, rather than borrowing or being influenced by ideas from the fandom.

Magegg

I would explain my petitions like this:

- Make the Predator more badass. It's common for monsters to become less powerful as the movie series advances, they should respect the Yautja and keep him as a complete badass.

- Predator fighting unarmed. So far the Predator has won with aids, he uses his superior technology to kill his prey. Have him fighting unarmed next time, and show he's very powerful even without his equipment.

- No more than 2 Predators. As more Predators there are, they become weaker, and usually easier to kill. If we make it like Cameron's Aliens or AvP, for sure many Predators would be killed. For the xenos that was not that bad because they're more like animals, but Predators are supposed to be intelligent and have a personality. Use 2 Predators max for the movie.

- Show us a different chaste of Predators and create a different scenario. So far we have only seen the Hunter Predators, and that can be boring and repetitive. I'm sure there would be other chastes of Predators, like ruler predators, law enforcer Predators, perhaps even scientist Predators. It would be fine to see a twist on the Yautja -while not desattending the classic hunter Predators- and see how Yautjas from other jobs look like. Also, change the scenario; so far there have always been Hunter Predators hunting humans. A twist on the idea is necessary to make the series to advance and stay young.

- Don't make the Predator the Hero. Again, in horror movies there's a tendence on turning the monster into the hero, either a tragic hero or an antihero. Don't do it with the Predator, that would be very cheap.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 30, 2014, 05:26:11 AM
I'm sure there would be other chastes of Predators, like ruler predators, law enforcer Predators, perhaps even scientist Predators.

We've already seen these types of Predators. They're the clan leaders.. We've seen these in the form of tribe chieftains such as Elders. We've seen them in Predator 2 and AvP. And considering that the Predators are a clan based society, I don't think they follow a monarchy like.. you know, following a King or Queen.

However I will agree that it would be neat to see an Enforcer type Predator on screen but that might end up making him a hero, which kind of goes against one of your points unless they manage to pull this idea off with this Predator being chaotic neutral.

Magegg

Plus, don't make the Predators CG, I'm already thinking on the new TMNT movie >____<

SM

Have something other than hubris beat the Predator.

Spoonman101

Quote from: SM on Jun 30, 2014, 05:36:10 AM
Have something other than hubris beat the Predator.
I like this, they always underestimate their opponents...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed