Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 137,557 times)

blood.

Quote from: szkoki on May 16, 2013, 10:31:34 PM
honestly i think that every next Predator movie will be a let down, its just...what new can u add to it except more creatures with they hunt and more gore? sold out, just like the xeno

Not necessarily. That's like saying there's no point in having action movies because we've all seen action before. They just need to be properly executed. Get rid of Paul Anderson, those grause brothers, and that nimrod guy, get someone good who actually has vision and understanding of the characters to make it. Not just some amateur director.

szkoki

no its not the same like action movies, action movies is a genre not a main character of a plot, ofcourse if u arent tired of watching predators/aliens killing people like the bunch of meaningless superhero movies just because the creature is there, i wont argue with you

amateur director..., u probably havent seen his movie Kontroll....its also available with english and other foreign subtitles

blood.

Quote from: szkoki on May 17, 2013, 10:24:03 AM
no its not the same like action movies, action movies is a genre not a main character of a plot, ofcourse if u arent tired of watching predators/aliens killing people like the bunch of meaningless superhero movies just because the creature is there, i wont argue with you

amateur director..., u probably havent seen his movie Kontroll....its also available with english and other foreign subtitles

I'm sick of seeing **** films regardless of the character focus or storyline, I welcome good movies regardless of the same factors. Unless the studios are willing to take it seriously instead of pursuing an easy cash grab then I believe there's easily still potential in the series.

Master

Paul Anderson also have fair amount of good films on his account. MK, Event Horizon, first Resident evil, jus to name a few.

RoaryUK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 16, 2013, 10:22:39 PM
Never suggested Colonial Marines, and I never played any of the games. I merely stated that a Predator film in a futuristic setting set somewhere other than Earth could potentially be interesting.

Actually I think space could be interesting, possibly a situation where a few humans are captured and brought onto a Predator ship, they escape and all hell breaks lose... now that's never been done before! :-)

Master

But it would be unbelieveble or very short film.

It`s far too late but idea of Pred-Killing Veterans fighting Elders on Predator Arena was brilliant. Still It would be prefect or totally wrong pred film.

leon

Im sure I have seen this in a comic before but another interesting location would be a huge supermax prison during a full riot takeover. but I think desert warzone is the way to go.

mrdecepticonleader

Id rather see it somewhere else other than a jungle. I know its a good setting and all but somewhere different maybe have it on the Predators home world and expand on the clan war that was present in Predators. Or maybe the desert setting could work.

worldpeace

4 separate predators 4 separate environments 8 or more weapons 4 or more different hunting/ killing /fighting styles  at least four species  being hunted.

Master

Quote from: worldpeace on Jun 23, 2013, 10:50:17 AM
4 separate predators 4 separate environments 8 or more weapons 4 or more different hunting/ killing /fighting styles  at least four species  being hunted.

And we`ve got one shitty underdeveloped film. Bravo!

worldpeace

worldpeace

underdeveloped ?. how about not at all developed . genius . no need to be a jerk. i was half asleep at the time i wrote that. less then a few hours in to this forum and all ready been stalked by a troll. nothings new i see. your posts are highly sophisticated and developed ,master.  good use of your 2.whatever posts a day over the last 6 or 7 years. hope you look back on that with pride when your 80.. you sausage.  :'(

Quote from: Master on May 18, 2013, 09:50:22 AM
Paul Anderson also have fair amount of good films on his account. MK, Event Horizon, first Resident evil, jus to name a few.
your serious ? resident evil is ok bordering on good at times. mk is ridiculous . event has sam neil and fishburn in some neat sets and is creepy at best at times.

Master

MeTroll? Hardly  :D Sorry but I`m tired when some new kid on the block appears here and hit with ideas I`ve heard so many times and that are completly missed. It`s not about you in person.

Film with no human gives no dialogue no attachment to character and all in all it`s one big gore feast. Nothing you could possibly call a good film.

Quote from: worldpeace on Jun 23, 2013, 10:50:17 AM

And this. Sorry but :

And we`ve got one shitty underdeveloped film. Bravo!

Terx2

While I agree with worldpeace's view on Paul Anderson's films. But the four predators/hunting tactics idea is ok but in four different environments that will just cause confusion as it cuts from one to another (Not everyone is a bright mind that can follow a trail that is broken up) just a thought. I'm not taking it out on you :)
Spoiler
Also Aspie is the troll around here mister ;D
[close]

TheMonolith

Personally, I would love to see a predator film in the desert.
The topography would make it easier to blend in to the landscape (though footprints would be a dead giveaway) and the warping effects of the heat would make the cloaking device harder to spot.
Horror films that take advantage of a desolate location are often very effective, such is the case with The Thing. It creates a greater feeling of isolation and demands the characters become more self reliant. To top it off, they have far less options as to where to go.
Perhaps an isolated military outpost.

Liberator

A city is a terrible setting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed