The Predator Countdown Thread!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 14, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Author
The Predator Countdown Thread! (Read 38,739 times)

Wysps

Wysps

I also saw Predators in theaters...a couple of times  :) Even though it doesn't measure up to the first two, I'm still a believer to this day.  Thankful that I was at least able to catch one in the theatres.

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 14, 2018, 08:22:09 PM
I can't believe it's so close, it feels like just yesterday those set pics of the friendly preds came out...!

It's kind of bittersweet  :D Kind of ironic too, the friendly preds...

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 15, 2018, 02:08:34 AM
I also saw Predators in theaters...a couple of times  :) Even though it doesn't measure up to the first two, I'm still a believer to this day.  Thankful that I was at least able to catch one in the theatres.

Also saw Predators a couple of times in theaters, and still enjoy it today. But the first one I watched actually was AVPR...

MudButt

MudButt

I wanted to see Predators in theaters so bad but I was about 16 when it came out and had no car. I caught it on DVD multiple times and I own the Blu Ray today  ;D

The Wolverine Predator

I've only seen Predator and Predator 2 in the theater, both on opening night, I was 8 turning 9 the next month for the original and was 12 when I saw the second
I'm always thankful my mom didn't keep me from scary movies or sci-fi when I was a kid
I'm gonna see this one the 13th and 14th
I've never been so excited to see a sequat

YTL_Hunter_H2

Only ones I haven't seen in theater were predator 1 and 2. But I still have them on vhs. Did they ever make them on laser disc format?

Danversity

Danversity

I think I once read something about there being Predator 1 on laser disc. Can't confirm tho.

Corporal Hicks

My first Alien or Predator film in the cinema was AvP which I think I saw twice. Once on opening in the UK and second with a voucher in a special Aliens/Predator DVD boxset that came out around the same time. I saw all the others - AvPR, Predators and Prometheus three times. I think I saw Covenant 4 or 5 times.

I'm really looking forward to this one too. I just love the cast. I've loved seeing their chemistry together in all the recent releases. I love Black and I love what he says about the film. I'm still a little cautious because of reservations about some of the plot elements but I'm still excited to see how someone like Black brings it all together. I'd love to go 4/4 with Predator films I love.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Going to see this on the 14th of September (Friday) in IMAX 2D.
Will this be released in 3D also?

The Old One

The Old One

I hope not, the last thing I want to do is go to my Cinema and have a pile of 3D showings and only a few 2D.

YTL_Hunter_H2

It is being released in 3d. I'm all for a 3d predator flick

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 15, 2018, 08:57:36 AM
Going to see this on the 14th of September (Friday) in IMAX 2D.
Will this be released in 3D also?
From what I saw it will be released in 3D and IMAX

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2018, 07:37:01 AM
My first Alien or Predator film in the cinema was AvP which I think I saw twice. Once on opening in the UK and second with a voucher in a special Aliens/Predator DVD boxset that came out around the same time. I saw all the others - AvPR, Predators and Prometheus three times. I think I saw Covenant 4 or 5 times.

I'm really looking forward to this one too. I just love the cast. I've loved seeing their chemistry together in all the recent releases. I love Black and I love what he says about the film. I'm still a little cautious because of reservations about some of the plot elements but I'm still excited to see how someone like Black brings it all together. I'd love to go 4/4 with Predator films I love.

This is basically same story with all of the films I've been able to see in theaters as well. Almost exactly, saw AVP on opening night with my brothers and dad. Got a similar special DVD free movie ticket thing, so then saw it probably 3 more times haha. About 3 times each as well with AVPR, Predators, Prometheus & Covenant, which I also saw all on opening nights too. Predators had a decent turnout showing in San Diego and I am still a fan of that film and think it was a good 3rd entry into the series that I can live with  ;D

I am definitely excited to see this one in theaters opening night as well! Still expecting some questionable parts with the story I guess, but I haven't tried to spoil much for myself so I'm glad for that so far. But I agree it's freakin awesome Shane Black took this whole thing over, I've warmed up to this cast a lot with the more I see, the effects and Predators look great for the most part and it's got an R rating (thank goodness). I'm stoked! Counting the days to September 14...

BigDaddyJohn

In theaters i saw AVP (2 times ouch) AVPR, Predators, Prometheus and Covenant. Can't say i've been thrilled so far.

Wysps

Wysps

I saw Predators on opening night, I'm not sure yet about this one. I may end up waiting to see what the consensus is before I commit to a showing.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Aug 15, 2018, 03:53:08 AM
I've only seen Predator and Predator 2 in the theater, both on opening night, I was 8 turning 9 the next month for the original and was 12 when I saw the second
I'm always thankful my mom didn't keep me from scary movies or sci-fi when I was a kid

A true veteran  8)

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 15, 2018, 05:03:28 PM
I saw Predators on opening night, I'm not sure yet about this one. I may end up waiting to see what the consensus is before I commit to a showing.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Aug 15, 2018, 03:53:08 AM

A true veteran  8)
Thanks! [emoji6]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed