Title Change? Fireteam Elite?

Started by Galactus123, Jun 14, 2021, 06:35:12 AM

Author
Title Change? Fireteam Elite? (Read 1,320 times)

The Necronoir

Considering we're only seeing the new title mentioned/shown in relation to the PS5/XBOX SX-S versions, is it possible that Aliens: Fireteam is still the title, and Elite refers to the next-gen version?

It'd be a strange move, but I can kind've understand it. As it is, I don't really know what the Elite is supposed to add to it. Is that the name of this particular fireteam, a description of them, or what? Gotta say I'm not a big fan either way. Sounds gawky.

Mike’s Monsters

Found this private twitter account. May be involved with the name change, as it was created a few weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/Fireteam_Elite

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe the "Elite" version supports actual four player co-op, which is usually the norm for this sort of game. :D

Samhain13

Samhain13

Huh. So it will be known as AFE.

acrediblesource

no AFTE (R) for Rated R for Mature!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Nothing from E3. Guess we fell for bullshit.

But the art on that box looks original, so I'm still half expecting that to be legit. As suggested here, maybe the next gen version will be "Elite".

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 15, 2021, 09:44:05 AM
Better then mimicking ACM... lol

Bit late for that...

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 19, 2021, 09:33:34 PM

Bit late for that...

Are you expecting another shiny turd then? :'-(

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 20, 2021, 11:27:29 AM

Bit late for that...

I would not be surprised

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 20, 2021, 11:27:29 AM

Bit late for that...

I'm expecting it to be exactly like the preview videos have shown. No more, no less. A cartoonish zombie horde-style shoot-'em-up, with little to no thought put into it, aside from some extremely basic mission objectives. Fun to play with friends, but a bit samey if you don't jnow anyone with a copy.

It wants to be an Imperial-Guard-versus-Tyranids thing, but they dressed it up in an 'Alien' costume, then stole the ACM creature variants, while hand-waving any actual logic for them.

Hence, why we're getting the ridge-headed Cameronian design implemented as a nonsensical slow-walking giant.

Also, hence why we're being presented with a supposedly elite group who are only three people kitted out exactly like basic regular troops.

Anyone expecting more than has been shown in the gameplay videos will probably be a bit disappointed. Those who just want a bit of pulse rifle-flavoured L4D will be happy. But both camps will probably feel this is priced a little too high, at present.

Still Collating...

I agree that expectations shouldn't be too high or unrealistic, though I'm happy with the 40$ price since even low budget games nowadays sometime ask for the full 60$ price. This is at least reasonable knowing where the gaming industry is headed.

And I just have to point out, the Cameron alien isn't a slow giant, the video where that happened the creature got slowed down by the electricity (icons appeared below it's health bar that indicated that), in other more obscure shots we see the creature running full speed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed