Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 830,784 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wind and the Lion

One of Connery's best from the 70s.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Pretty good, but I feel like Snatch was the better, more refined version of this. I'm working my way through the Ritchies I haven't seen, and god help me, Swept Away is up next.  :-\

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 19, 2021, 01:09:51 AMLock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Pretty good, but I feel like Snatch was the better, more refined version of this.

I'm the opposite, I prefer the low budget, doing-a-lot-with-nothing feel of Lock, Stock. Plus, "Could everyone stop getting shot?" might be the best line from any Ritchie movie.

Still, it's one of those situations where I'd never begrudge anyone for preferring Snatch because they're both excellent.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Swept Away (2002)

So it looks like Guy Ritchie and Madonna were having some marital issues and decided to inflict them on the world by making a terrible movie. My gooooooooooooooooood that was bad.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 19, 2021, 11:10:30 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 19, 2021, 01:09:51 AMLock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Pretty good, but I feel like Snatch was the better, more refined version of this.

I'm the opposite, I prefer the low budget, doing-a-lot-with-nothing feel of Lock, Stock. Plus, "Could everyone stop getting shot?" might be the best line from any Ritchie movie.

Still, it's one of those situations where I'd never begrudge anyone for preferring Snatch because they're both excellent.

That line is indeed great. As was the cat from Red Dwarf showing up for a scene. :laugh:

Stitch

Stitch

The Retreat on... Shudder, maybe?

It's a film about wendigos. Starts getting interesting about halfway through, though I'd still only give it a C+.

Huggs

Huggs

007: From Russia with love (1/5)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Dark City

If you were to tell me that this movie specifically isn't what made Ridley Scott adopt Dariusz Wolski as his go-to DP, I'd call you a liar.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 19, 2021, 01:09:51 AM
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Pretty good, but I feel like Snatch was the better, more refined version of this. I'm working my way through the Ritchies I haven't seen, and god help me, Swept Away is up next.  :-\

"f**kin' Northern monkeys..."

"Boody Southern fairies..."

:D

kwisatz

kwisatz

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015)

I think the first one was better, but I'm not so sure anymore.

This one is pure garbage.

Should I watch third?  :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Big Fish

One of Burton's best post-2000.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Btw, anyone saw the Lock, Stock series?
Not as great as the movie but still quality.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 20, 2021, 05:49:01 AM
Btw, anyone saw the Lock, Stock series?
Not as great as the movie but still quality.

I have not, but funny story: I once got the entire pilot episode of either the Snatch series or the Get Shorty series, can't remember which, as an ad on YouTube. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've not seen it either, but it's something I've always meant to track down.

I know our own Ralph "85" Brown is in it as a character called Miami Vice :laugh:

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Leviathan...

I love that the ship gives notice of impending implosion..

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

As Good As It Gets

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed