Another Prometheus Script Version?

Started by NecronomIV, Jul 02, 2022, 03:55:24 AM

Author
Another Prometheus Script Version? (Read 7,097 times)

NecronomIV

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 02, 2022, 10:28:07 PMI should really upload it somewhere for posterity, with a tl;dr about how it came to be.

Maybe it should pop up on the official scripts downloads page every April 1st.  8)

[cancerblack]

That would certainly be in the right spirit.

St_Eddie

Quote from: SiL on Jul 02, 2022, 10:16:29 PMOh shit, I remember that script! It was so gay. So very, literally gay.

"I'll do the fingering."

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

What about that script that was released pre prometheus where there was two dudes on the planet with the jockey ship, they brokeback mountain each other, and then fight the alien in hand to hand combat.

I remember everybody was freaking out about that one lolol

SiL

SiL

That's the Harvest script CB was talking sniff a few posts back.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

LMAO.  It felt like something JA Eyers would write to freak people out.

Back in the GG days we had a guy who was a die hard Hudson fan of Aliens and to mess with him Eyers did a hudson is gay fanfic.  It made dude super mad. 

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 06, 2022, 01:26:06 AMLMAO.  It felt like something JA Eyers would write to freak people out.

Back in the GG days we had a guy who was a die hard Hudson fan of Aliens and to mess with him Eyers did a hudson is gay fanfic.  It made dude super mad. 

f**k, can you remember the title of that one? I remember it well but the name escapes me.

Whiskeybrewer

I remember Harvest having a piece written on it in Empire Magazine lol

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 06, 2022, 01:04:20 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 06, 2022, 01:26:06 AMLMAO.  It felt like something JA Eyers would write to freak people out.

f**k, can you remember the title of that one? I remember it well but the name escapes me.

No, it was already an old thread when I joined.  I think it might've even been closed but still readable.  I just remember Hudson's ice cold reaction to anything involving Eyers for a couple of my first years on those boards. 

Kane's other son

The typos in this script are hilarious: Planet "Zues", a "baron" wasteland.

Harvest had the bones of an interesting movie. Whoever did that was talented and I could see it turn into something good after a few more drafts.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 07, 2022, 02:57:54 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 06, 2022, 01:04:20 PM

No, it was already an old thread when I joined.  I think it might've even been closed but still readable.  I just remember Hudson's ice cold reaction to anything involving Eyers for a couple of my first years on those boards. 

I have a similar memory of things, but I'm almost certain it was also posted as a text doc elsewhere the wayback machine might have. He's a member here, hopefully he stumbles upon this.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jul 02, 2022, 10:16:29 PMOh shit, I remember that script! It was so gay. So very, literally gay.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2012, 05:15:25 PMIs that the one with the buttsecks?

I wouldn't have put it past Ridley to film that.

Heaven Piercing Man

Quote from: NecronomIV on Jul 02, 2022, 03:55:24 AMHi,

I came across this purported script for Prometheus, and it doesn't appear to match any of the ones in the Downloads section.

It has a character called Murdow, calls the planet Zeus, and at one point makes reference to a sketch by Scott, and features some rather heavy-handed narration by Shaw. It also has Shaw shoot Vickers!

It also has some spelling mistakes  :( , but that might be transcription.

Is this "new"? Can anyone authenticate this script? Or is it a known piece of fan-fiction?

This was a fake inspired by a "speculation plot summary" made in 2011 by a guy from the IMDB forums IN the IMDB forums, god rest their soul. He explicitly said it was just playing around with what he ïmagined" what the movie would be about after the initial cast sheets were revealed, but people reposted his short treatment all over the web passing it as a leak, and started getting referenced to by clickbait blogs to the point it fell into the Wikipedia feedback loop: big name clickbait news website references the fake leak, Wikipedia references it, other page references Wikipedia, Wikipedia references that other page, and any evidence to the contrary in social media is dismissed by Wiki editors because they're "not valid sources" compared to movie news websites.

This specific fake was floating around shortly before the first trailer came out (the one that started with "A king has his reign...") because "Mudow" was supposed to be Ford (Kate Dickie) in the final film, her real name being revealed in said trailer. The poor spelling led me to believe this was a troll script made to pester the people trying to disprove the rumors spawned from the IMDB forums, which typically outed themselves whenever they made reference to "Mudow".

Wweyland

So the Harvest script was a fake? Meaning it was fan fiction with no officiality behind it?

SiL

SiL

That was never anything close to real.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed