Wolf Predator's Power Glove

Started by (Bad Blood), Jun 30, 2022, 09:21:05 AM

Author
Wolf Predator's Power Glove (Read 5,462 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

So I was watching AVP Requiem and saw the scene in the sewer when his wrist gauntlet turns into a glove and then he punches a hole in the concrete, what I don't get is, the predator can already punch holes in concrete, they are already that strong, so is glove like brass knuckles to protect his hand and not to give him a further boost in strength?

Kradan

Kradan

When was it shown before they can punch holes in concrete before with their bare hands ? I genuinely can't remember

SiL

SiL

Thin concrete walls, not a freaking street.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Oh I got ya hahaha, the comics did show things far beyond insane like tipping over vehicles by running into them and ripping tank doors off and ripping through metal doors and yes breaking through concrete walls but yeah not as thick as a street obviously, I just figured if they can do the other things then they should be alright to bust some street lol.

BigDaddyJohn

I always thought it was a boost of raw power of some sort. A cool addition to his gear IMO, along with the whip.

Now that I think of it, despite all the flaws in this movie, AVPR added some really cool stuff.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jun 30, 2022, 09:54:51 AMOh I got ya hahaha, the comics did show things far beyond insane like tipping over vehicles by running into them and ripping tank doors off and ripping through metal doors and yes breaking through concrete walls but yeah not as thick as a street obviously, I just figured if they can do the other things then they should be alright to bust some street lol.
continuity issue

power feats in films and comics can be inconsistent due to different tone and language being employed

happypred

happypred

Based on how high the debris flew and the charge up sound effect I think there was prob some sort of kinetic energy release but I recall the Requiem coffee table book describes it more as wrist brace or hand protection

Reasonable to assume it both protects the wearer and increases punch energy

The Shuriken

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jun 30, 2022, 09:21:05 AMSo I was watching AVP Requiem and saw the scene in the sewer when his wrist gauntlet turns into a glove and then he punches a hole in the concrete, what I don't get is, the predator can already punch holes in concrete, they are already that strong, so is glove like brass knuckles to protect his hand and not to give him a further boost in strength?

They definitely aren't strong enough to punch an explosive hole through a street. The gauntlet had an energy discharge. The way the street just explodes proves that.

happypred

happypred

Wolf shoulda punched Chet with the glove...if you're gonna swing for a mutual kill, might as well go all out

SiL

SiL

Pretty sure it's on his left arm and that's the one that gets damaged in the fight.

BlueMarsalis79

It is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed