Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread

Started by Wurd77, Apr 21, 2020, 04:11:11 PM

Author
Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread (Read 27,291 times)

RidgeTop

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 28, 2022, 10:40:40 PMOof why? Can we see that remodeled mask?

Mask wasn't remodeled I think, they just gave Wolf his white eye, netting, and fixed the texture issue with his neck. Oof because this is traditional update time and this is more of a simple patch. It's clear from Illfonic's Forums and the comments on social media that the game's remaining devotees are not happy.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I think it's been clear for a while it's in the endgame now.

RidgeTop

Then they should communicate that to their remaining playerbase so they don't keep feeling strung along. There's also been quite a bit more content datamined that has yet to release and a new Predator movie which would be a big tie in opportunity. I know the lawsuit probably messed things up but the game has an active enough playerbase that I think the potential is still present. But they do seem like they're ready to move on.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

All of this is the same, only without a DLC character, geez what is wrong with this company? I hope this is passed on to another group that can give the real tender love and care that it deserves, this is agonizing to see the only Predator game we had in a decade.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 29, 2022, 03:52:13 AMThen they should communicate that to their remaining playerbase so they don't keep feeling strung along. There's also been quite a bit more content datamined that has yet to release and a new Predator movie which would be a big tie in opportunity. I know the lawsuit probably messed things up but the game has an active enough playerbase that I think the potential is still present. But they do seem like they're ready to move on.

Apparently they said that they can't do better communication due to some kind of red tape under some third party or something they have with Fox. I have no idea if this is true or not, but one thing for sure, they done their best to ignore all the feedback the community had given them to work with.

QuotePatch Notes 2.39
We are monitoring and ingesting the feedback being provided.

Wil R
Live Producer

That is the claim but for the past few years, they barely done a thing to make the game better. There are threads such as these ones....

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/just-suggestions/23689
https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/patch-2-25-feedback-et-suggestions/23730
https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/additional-suggestions-and-feedback/24127
https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/feedback-for-devs-after-the-previous-few-months/24301
https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/cloaking-optimization-and-other-feedback-suggestions/22513
https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/new-predator-passives/25131

....for them to look into for inspiration and I seen none of this being implemented in the game. Some of them are outdated but it shows that we have been feeding them for years and they refuse to do anything with it. Incredibly agonizing, such potential being wasted away. 

Wweyland

Are they really not doing the Feral Predator? They would just need a new DLC model. But there's still 1 month to go.

SuperiorIronman

It's probably a contract thing. Basically that the lawsuit probably screwed them over and figured that if they're about to loose the license they're gonna drop whatever work they got and move assets to Ghostbusters. Essentially they have to keep going because they're probably under contract and lack the staff to build the next game while maintaining the last two.

Honestly I think the hiring they're trying to do might be for Predator. I don't think that's entirely Illfonic's fault but I do think they bit off more than they can chew. Without them doing a sequel I don't see them doing anything beyond the leaked list.

BlueMarsalis79

The state of the enemy artificial intelligence should have clued you all in years ago about the level of effort they were willing to put in to this.

Mr.Turok

Well it seems like no one can @ the mods in the forums and there will no longer be livestreaming so that's a sure sign of them withdrawing from the game. Dammit, I feel sorry for anyone that buys Ghostbusters or Arcadegeddon, if they are going to treat these games the same way they did here with Predator.

BlueMarsalis79

Very true.

Kailem

It's been obvious from the start of the year that they were seriously winding down support. Characters and the occasional mask are all anyone should expect from the game now, and honestly I'm surprised they're even still putting out that much.

It's a niche game with a medium to small-sized budget that's over two years old now. As much as we'd all have loved it to become "the ultimate Predator multiplayer game" that was supported for years and years, a la Dead by Daylight or some other live service games, that was always unlikely to be the case; especially with Illfonic moving on to Ghostbusters.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 30, 2022, 02:53:43 PMIt's a niche game with a medium to small-sized budget that's over two years old now. As much as we'd all have loved it to become "the ultimate Predator multiplayer game" that was supported for years and years, a la Dead by Daylight or some other live service games, that was always unlikely to be the case; especially
Quote from: Kailem on Jun 30, 2022, 02:53:43 PMIt's been obvious from the start of the year that they were seriously winding down support. Characters and the occasional mask are all anyone should expect from the game now, and honestly I'm surprised they're even still putting out that much.

It's a niche game with a medium to small-sized budget that's over two years old now. As much as we'd all have loved it to become "the ultimate Predator multiplayer game" that was supported for years and years, a la Dead by Daylight or some other live service games, that was always unlikely to be the case; especially with Illfonic moving on to Ghostbusters.

Same boat here. Seeing a lot of people pissed that this game isn't being treated like a AAA title would is odd to me. Maybe it's that we're all Predator fans and want this to never go away, but I didn't expect much. We've had more supper than I imagined. Yeah, the game needs a lot more substantial, but we're way passed the timeline for that. The pandemic and lawsuit likely didn't help either. There are games that I bought the same time frame of Predator that didn't have support anymore, but I don't expect them to either after a few years because that's how most games go. Like Kailem said, it ain't DBD that has a crazy active player base.

Plus, the PHG message boards is a really sad place. Situations like that space make me question how the game had any support when you see the behaviors there. They need to find a hobby or go outside with how they are acting like this is the end of the world, and attacking their mods (whom one may have been just fired?).

Loved the game, but didn't expect us to make it this far to be honest. And seeing cosmetic fixes on Wolf and stuff is a pleasant surprise. This update is more than I ever expected at this point, and if we ever get more content in the future, I'll be really surprised.

Kailem

With how late Wolf and that Predators pack came out, I definitely think the lawsuit and Disney takeover held them up in ways they weren't counting on. Honestly I was pretty surprised when all those new characters got datamined, since at their usual rate of one update every two months it meant they'd have content to release up until the end of this year, and that was longer than I thought they'd be supporting it for.

But obviously now that cycle has been broken, which makes me wonder if things got pushed back because of the Wolf fixes, if they're releasing parts of the Tank character now and then are planning on putting the full guy out later like they did with Mr Black and Falconer, if they got canned altogether or if some of those datamined descriptions were only for masks (which would be a bit weird)?

So yeah, I'm a little surprised that this update was so minimal, but not as surprised as if it'd been a year or two ago. Now though it's like "yeah, that sounds about right."

Hopefully we at least still get Celtic since he was datamined too, but even that much I'm no longer holding my breath on after this.

Leggs.obj

I appreciate how far past release Illfonics has supported this title, but in my opinion its getting really stale. Aside from new predators that are almost new classes arent going to help prop the game up for another year.

would be really cool to see a different gaming company try and take on a predator rpg/mmo type of game where there's a deeper focus on creating a predator character and playing through a story / open world type of enviroment.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jun 30, 2022, 06:12:37 PMSame boat here. Seeing a lot of people pissed that this game isn't being treated like a AAA title would is odd to me. Maybe it's that we're all Predator fans and want this to never go away, but I didn't expect much. We've had more supper than I imagined. Yeah, the game needs a lot more substantial, but we're way passed the timeline for that.

Its more like its been two years when the community is asking for fixes that can be made that isn't too much work such as lowering the damage that some weapons like how the SAWZ sniper rifle can remove a bio-mask in two shots without stacking damage buffs leaving the Predator completely vulnerable to Fireteam as it has very little to nothing to track down mudded Fireteam, use of the plasmacaster, or pigs for healing meanwhile Fireteam has all the damage buffs, stacking, and tools to hunt down vulnerable Predator that can barely do much that its reduced to a glorified moving target practice.

How about the fact the EMP Mine that Fireteam uses, a fantastic idea of countering Predator technology, is utterly useless as it requires the Predator to directly step on it to work instead of some kind of slightly larger radius like we see in other games, making the EMP basically useless.

Or how about adding some new passive traits that can benefit the Predator such as resistance to explosions by 25%, decreased damage from fireteam when sprinting by 15%, or increased damage and speed when wounded? You see interesting Fireteam passives like AOE dmg reduction, increased dmg beyond 50m, post sprint dmg increase or decrease, mud dmg resistance, meanwhile Predator passives are some variation of melee damage increase/decrease and/or more vulnerable to bullet/melee knife damage: 5% melee damage increase, 7% bullet/knife dmg resist, Knife dmg increase or resist... and that's it.

I know a thread that can explain these details better but basically its doesn't have to do everything in that list, just enough to make things more interesting and not its very stale state that it is right now. its been the mostly same for the past two years, and it can be better just by a nice margin if they addressed at least 1/4th of these changes.
https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/just-suggestions-part-2-electric-boogaloo/28240

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed