Alien & Predator Blu-ray to 4K Comparisons

Started by Voodoo Magic, Oct 29, 2019, 03:44:15 PM

Author
Alien & Predator Blu-ray to 4K Comparisons (Read 28,143 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: judge death on Dec 17, 2021, 01:15:20 AM
I think this might be the best place to ask:
I have the alien vs predator and reqiuem on DVD, and was wondering which avp collection box or movie versions are the best ones and I should get?

If you're in the U.S. or have a Region Free Player, this combo is great. It's affordable, has both unrated and theatrical versions of both movies, had surprise digital codes in mine (even though that aspect seems unadvertised) and has the fixed Requiem disc (The previous AVPR disc unrated version wouldn't play some scenes like Jesse's body coming apart due to seemless branching errors.)

StrangeShape

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 17, 2021, 03:16:19 PM
Quote from: judge death on Dec 17, 2021, 01:15:20 AM
I think this might be the best place to ask:
I have the alien vs predator and reqiuem on DVD, and was wondering which avp collection box or movie versions are the best ones and I should get?

If you're in the U.S. or have a Region Free Player, this combo is great. It's affordable, has both unrated and theatrical versions of both movies, had surprise digital codes in mine (even though that aspect seems unadvertised) and has the fixed Requiem disc (The previous AVPR disc unrated version wouldn't play some scenes like Jesse's body coming apart due to seemless branching errors.)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51J8B3NLh5L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

I got this one as well. Agreed on all accounts

Mala'kak

Actually prefer the blu-ray version.

4K seems darker its hard to see!

BlueMarsalis79

You need to look at it on a 4K display. Otherwise of course it just only looks darker but in reality it is not. It is of a higher quality, darker darks, lighter lights.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Pops on my OLED, I think some peeps here haven't calibrated their TVs? Highlights, the sweat on faces, the condensation on the piping of the Nostromo, it's probably the finest 4K I've seen to date.

BlueMarsalis79

Looks like it was filmed yesterday. It is a truly gorgeous restoration.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed