NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 812,119 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 01, 2022, 02:08:20 AMNot everyone can pose as well as you or I.  ;D

Wow.. is an art in itself :o

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 02, 2022, 12:28:06 PMMan I almost got the Dog Alien figure so many times, seems like I constantly dodged a bullet lmao
The previous Dog Alien is cool and good.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The right side of the head's sorta how it's supposed to look, that curve where the dome meets the flesh from one side to the other...

The left not only does not match the right side but it's f**king slanted near the front and you can see a seam line!

Do not get me started on the way one hip has a large round bump where the leg connects on the right and does not on the left. Or the bizarre ribbed texture on the right arm and not on the left. It's a f**king disgrace, shoddy sculpt, saved only by what it's trying to be. 

SiL

SiL

I can see the seam on both sides.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

True, in person though the seam actually protrudes on one side catching light separately highlighting it. 

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

The cheeks bug me on the ultimate runner. But as long as I photoshop the cheeks and don't try to stand it on all fours, I've been happy with it.

But having a runner that can't run is admittedly a big issue, and I'm excited that this new one can pose on all fours.

The face on the new runner looks derpy to me though, and I've been trying to figure out why. I think it's the large amount of space in between the upper lip and the dome.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I hope some hot water will fix that issue or a slight bit of water texture acrylic if not.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jul 03, 2022, 03:07:51 AMBut having a runner that can't run is admittedly a big issue, and I'm excited that this new one can pose on all fours.
I'm pretty sure the Ultimate Runner can pose on all fours (evidence: I've done it).

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 05, 2022, 12:21:36 AM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jul 03, 2022, 03:07:51 AMBut having a runner that can't run is admittedly a big issue, and I'm excited that this new one can pose on all fours.
I'm pretty sure the Ultimate Runner can pose on all fours (evidence: I've done it).
Did you break his neck to do so?  :P

I saw a tutorial on YouTube showing that you can remove the top two vertebrae and then the head can comfortably swivel back far enough for a running pose. But without doing that, I've never been able to get his head back far enough to look decent.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jul 05, 2022, 12:41:23 AM

I saw a tutorial on YouTube showing that you can remove the top two vertebrae and then the head can comfortably swivel back far enough for a running pose. But without doing that, I've never been able to get his head back far enough to look decent.
The original release of the Runner had that problem, the Ultimate release removed the vertebrae and allows his head to tilt back farther than the original release, enough for a running pose.

Straight from the product shots:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It still has difficulty holding itself because of weight distribution, doubled jointed elbows and being oversized, the legs being particularly overlong, and them taking the hooves or paws into the design more literally than they appear in the film or on the rod puppet itself making it pretty tedious to pose, especially difficult if you want it to look any good.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 05, 2022, 12:46:59 AM

The original release of the Runner had that problem, the Ultimate release removed the vertebrae and allows his head to tilt back farther than the original release, enough for a running pose.

https://www.scified.com/u/doge1.png
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71BYgKMHB3L._AC_SL1481_.jpg
It's an improvement over the earlier runner, but still looks like the body is bending back to accommodate, like it's arching its torso to face up for a pose.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 05, 2022, 02:14:59 AMIt still has difficulty holding itself because of weight distribution, doubled jointed elbows and being oversized, the legs being particularly overlong, and them taking the hooves or paws into the design more literally than they appear in the film or on the rod puppet itself making it pretty tedious to pose, especially difficult if you want it to look any good.

I dunno, I like it and I don't have issues posing it.

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jul 05, 2022, 02:47:47 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 05, 2022, 12:46:59 AM

https://www.scified.com/u/doge1.png
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71BYgKMHB3L._AC_SL1481_.jpg
It's an improvement over the earlier runner, but still looks like the body is bending back to accommodate, like it's arching its torso to face up for a pose.
It really isn't, no moreso than the new Fireteam runner, you can see the spine is straight in the first photo.

Here's another pic of the Ultimate Runner:

judge death

judge death

Mine is on all four as well, and it do stand well on its legs and arms, but to keep the joints good I have the display stand underneath so that takes the weight, not the joints. Had no problem with the head either on my ultimate version.

SiL

SiL

None of them are truly accurate to how the thing runs in the movie so I don't see the point in splitting hairs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed