Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 117,293 times)

dandan

hey guys i have some more news abou this film have a look at this link ...

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/01/noomi-rapace-talks-about-prometheus.html

recently the main character in this film Noomi Rapace has had an interveiw with a swedish newspaper take a look at this what she said...

"It's going to be awesome. I play a character named Elizabeth Shaw. She's supercool! But I'm not playing Ripley from the other Alien films, although this one is connected with them"

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 21, 2011, 12:22:48 AM
Scott's portrayal of the military is completely different than Cameron's.

Thankfully that is true.

chupacabras acheronsis

colonial marines ala black hawk down?

My pants are tight...

Inverse Effect

Heh. Could be worse. We could have no movie at all from Ridley.

paybacktime

It's funny, but if you go back and read the various interviews he gave prior to the announcement, you could see the direction this was headed.  He stated from early on that he felt the creature had lost a bit of mystique and the AvP stuff had further demystified it (I'm obviously paraphrasing of course).  he was more interested in revisitng the concept or looking at a possible earlier original version that led up to what we initially saw.  Gradually, the conversations led from the creature itself, to talk of space jockeys (which he seemed really interested in), time dialation and terraforming.  You could see the evolution of ideas away from a strictly Alien movie, to exploring other concepts within that same universe.

I'm willing to bet that's what happened.  The more creative minds you bring in, the more you're able to collaborate and expand upon those unseen elements to the story. Of course, what happens to your Alien Prequel when there's no Alien?  It becomes something else.  All of the structures still exist (Thus the Alien DNA that's so cryptically spoken of), however, you're free from the constraints of a previously established franchise, and the context that has already been explored in 6 movies involving the creature.

Honestly, I'm excited to see something original.  I'd rather break the mold and move in a new direction rather than rehash what's already been done.  Time for something fresh, that still at least ties into what we seen.

emperorjordan

That's how I feel, ^.  It was always obvious it wouldn't be 'another' Alien movie.  Ridley Scott's a good film director - he seeks originality, which is rare these days.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: dandan on Jan 22, 2011, 10:16:12 PM

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/01/noomi-rapace-talks-about-prometheus.html

recently the main character in this film Noomi Rapace has had an interveiw with a swedish newspaper take a look at this what she said...

"It's going to be awesome. I play a character named Elizabeth Shaw. She's supercool! But I'm not playing Ripley from the other Alien films, although this one is connected with them"

i guess we are going to have to wait till the movie comes out to figure out what the hell is happening here?

dandan

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 23, 2011, 08:26:38 PM
Quote from: dandan on Jan 22, 2011, 10:16:12 PM

i guess we are going to have to wait till the movie comes out to figure out what the hell is happening here?

well it looks like we might have some alien content in this i hope! if we dont have a prequel atleast some content please scott!!

DoomRulz

Doesn't mean we're getting Alien content necessarily. Could just mean there's a reference or two.

O.W.L.F.

the whole situation needs an explanation from Fox and mr. Scott himself

Vulhala

I agree. They need to set the story straight so we know what we're in for. This is all too confusing and misleading.

Mus

Mus

MAYBE HE WANTS TO SURPRISE US. GEE, YOU GUYS.

Sharp Sticks

chupacabras acheronsis

Viral Advertising, here i come.

samoht

To me, it would appear that Ridley is just somewhat redesigning the alien franchise.
He started it, it got f**ked over, and now he's beginning afresh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed