Fox & Ridley Clash Over Alien Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 30, 2010, 05:47:09 PM

Author
Fox & Ridley Clash Over Alien Prequel (Read 12,676 times)

Darkness Visible

Darkness Visible

Given the box office returns of the Alien films, it's not unreasonable for Fox to expect a smaller budget. I am with the rest of you in hoping the prequels are as magnificent as the original, but it's worth considering that the most expensive sci-fi extravaganzas hardly match the aesthetic quality of alien or its first sequel, which are essentially low-budget films. To me, the alien never looked more real than in the first movie (Giger bias, I know) despite rudimentary effects. I suppose the point is that Ridley Scott can make an exceptional film with high production values without an obscene Avatar sized budget; he has done it before. I can't blame Fox for looking at the prequel from a profit standpoint, but hopefully they realize that a great film will attract audiences even with an R rating. Let's just see what happens, and I'll hope like you that it doesn't become an Alien 3 scale debacle.

TheBearPaw

TheBearPaw

FOX, you f**kers, let Ridley Scott work!

cloverfan98

No, No, No, No, NO, NO, NO, NONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAME OVER MAN! GAMER OVER!!

*sigh*

frostedone

frostedone

The way I see it Ridley is the BEST and ONLY one capable of the Alien Prequel, that said a $250,000,000 for an R rated film is way too much considering most R rated films REALLY struggle to break $100,000,000.

Maybe that was just his bargaining chip, for negotiations. Still Fox should let Ridley have as much creative control as possible given the history of the franchise.

Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison

IT'S AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

F fox those damned fools for ruining this movie!

shit give me a million i will make a movie about me spending the budget :D haha...really tho make it rated R and drop to 200 million JUST because hes ridley...one day he will die sooooo do him justice :)

shinigami

shinigami

rating 15? Are they f**king kidding me? This would totaly suck if that rating would appear. I wanna see it in an R rating. This is an insult. >:(  Fox, just provide him what he needs and he won't disapoint nobody (hopefuly).  :P

deGRESSOR

deGRESSOR

I love how people post shit here thinking FOX reads any of this.

JRZNIN

JRZNIN

I'm guessing if they made 2 films for 125 each?  I guess it's expenisve to make films 3Dtarded these days.  Yeah I don't feel like an idiot wearing those terminator shades or anything either.  We don't want an avatar style film, we want what was made in 1979.  Same quality, same feel.    One film for 250 is only gonna give us a Turbo Alienavatar. We would witness what happens to those blue people if they were a host for an Alien.  And I, say that would suck the biggest pg-13 ass.

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

Good god, Fox... Try to NOT fail for once.

O.T.K

O.T.K

It needs to have an R rating.It's an alien movie for shit sake!!! This pg13 shit is getting old. :'(

Ralok

Ralok

to explain why exactly they are idiotic for wanting a reduced rating

1. this is a movie about space rape bugs that burst out of tyoru chest in unimaginably violent ways

2. People under that age DO NOT HAVE CARS, nor are they really old enough to have been around when the original movies were out. Thus, they will have to get a ride from their parents, and their parents (who saw the movie when they were younger) will gladly allow them to see it

and R rating does not mean they kick kids out of the movie theater, it means they have to have a parent there. Which they will have anyways, since they are thirteen f**king years old.

they dont seem to understand, pg-13 does not mean that it will appeal to younger people, it means younger people will be allowed to see it alone.

hard to believe a movie studio is so unbelievably dumb

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed