Fox & Ridley Clash Over Alien Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 30, 2010, 05:47:09 PM

Author
Fox & Ridley Clash Over Alien Prequel (Read 12,553 times)

Corporal Hicks

It looks like the conflict between director and studio is starting already:

Ridley Scott is at odds with 20th Century  Fox, the major studios behind the project over budgetary  and creative differences, according to sources close to the production.
It would seem Scott wants a budget of around $250m to make it a sci-fi spectacular, and is also  pushing for an 18-rated level of violence and horror. Fox, however, don't plan on  investing anywhere near that sum, and are keen to get a 15 rating to maximise the audience appeal.”

This is the second time we know of that Fox have intervened with the Prequel, demanding Ridley direct it. We can only hope this isn’t another Alien3. Check out the original article at ScriptFlags. Thanks to Richard Daborn for the link.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Bravo, Fox. Bravo.

*slow clap*

Naissus

Naissus

If they don't watch it, Ridley will leave and the movie will flop.

WolfPred987

WolfPred987

Fox....seriously....invest some time, energy, and money into the Alien and Predator franchises before you totally ruin the films that have many of us fans so loyal and supportive even the crap produced from Alien Resurrection to AVP:R. You did good with PREDATORS but quit holding back. Has Ridley let you down that much over the years?

RakaiThwei

......Fox has serious screwed themselves over...

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

fecking hypocrits! they want scott to make the movie successful then they tell him what THEY want not what scott wants. FOX seriously give him the money not like they havent got it then leave him to it without him alien wouldnt of been the success it is.

MrLee

MrLee

Are they intent on forcing directors to make shit movies or something?

It always seems that its constant "yeah, we dont wanna pay you much to achieve your vision, oh we also want you to dumb down the content so we can get a lower rating so we can make or money...even though we are not prepared to invest alot of money"

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

So, let's see... Fox screw with Alien 3, which could have been incredible (considering David Fincher's work following Alien 3), they screw with the Ratings of the continuing franchise. And now, they're actually going up against Ridley Scott.

Ridley Scott should fight them, with all he has. And, if he really has too, get James Cameron on board as an Executive Producer or something, to back him up.

Give Scott the money. Give him the 18-certificate.

Let him do something for the fans. Instead of trying to make another trillion dollars after Avatar.

Gnome Smasher

I wish Fox would stop screwing with it. Ridley Scott is talented. Let him have the money maybe $50 million less idc but let him create it and not FOX!

CELTICPRED

Hmmmmmmmm 250 million for an R rated movie?

And you guys are think that Fox are the foolish ones.  ::)

Meathead320

250 million is obviously a bargaining stand point. If you want say, 120 million, ask for double that.

If you wanted 120, you would not dare ask for that amount, as likely they would give you half of what you asked for.

Its just a game of chips guys.

predxeno

predxeno

And I thought Fox couldn't get dumber; they messed with AVPR and other films and look where that's got 'em.

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

OMG.  I'm sorry.  I hate FOX so much.  They are just hell bent on making more CRAP.  Is it any wonder why all these Alien movies suck?  They don't care how much of a shocking disapointment it is.  They know the fans will keep coming in hopes of seeing something good.  They know this and they EXPLOIT it.  The success of Alien and Aliens have allowed FOX to make lousy alien movies ever since and still make money.  They don't care that people walk away disapointed.  Now they have Ridley in the drivers seat and they are trying to play the same game.  Man they are sneaky.  It's like they wanted Ridley to direct just to get his name stamped on it as a selling point and then not allow him to make the movie he wants to make.  Always scheming they are!!!  FOX just needs to sell the rights to a company that won't always try to take advantage of people.  I'm tired of being taken advantage of by them.  All their slick marketing and fantastic looking trailers, only to be dismayed and shocked by how dumb the movie is.  Although we do have to give FOX some credit, I am stunned that they didn't go for the PG 13 rating   ::) .  AvP Galaxy should organize a fan based production cause so all of us who actually care about the movie can donate to Ridley's cause.  I'd give to it and I think there are millions of others who would too.  The only condition would be that FOX doesn't get crap!!

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

250m budget lol! First of all what the hell is Ridley smoking? I'm all for a big budget Alien film but that's just being unrealistic to want 250mil for a film like this.

What the hell is he trying to make? Avatar level special effects with massive Colonial Marine space wars against the aliens on the xenomorph planet? Haha, Lets be realistic here, 250mil is too much for an Alien film. The Alien franchise is popular but not Star Wars popular.

Ridley should be aiming for an Alien film around 100mil at maximum! And even that's pushing it. Predators cost around 40mil to make and it had a big budget feel to it, 80-100mil you can make the most amazing film imaginable.

Lay off the crack Ridley 250mil is too much, it's not Fox thats blowing it, Ridley is blowing it.

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Why is 250 mil too much for an Alien film?!  Why should he aim for around 100 mil?  Do you work for FOX?  Who are you Phantom?  Seriously.  You sound like a FOX exec.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed