Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Returning As Dutch In New Predator: Hunting Grounds DLC

Started by SuperiorIronman, May 12, 2020, 01:22:48 PM

Author
Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Returning As Dutch In New Predator: Hunting Grounds DLC (Read 24,353 times)

Veteran Warrior

I'm over here on the east coast (GA) and I am pretty lucky at playing the predator during the day (5-7 min wait times) but say after 9 or 10, I just do fireteam because trying to play as Pred is very unlikely. I try sometimes at night and after 10 min wait time I get in sometimes. But then the lobby is empty of fireteam -__-

Corporal Hicks

I generally play as the Fireteam as I just want to play, but I did do a couple of Predator games the other day for the first time on the PC. As Voodoo says, seems to be around 6/7 minutes. Just picked up my book. It reminded me of waiting for games on AvP 2010 on the Xbox, sat there reading while I waited. lol  :D

Galactus123

Galactus123

I hope Arnold recorded dialogue for the gameplay too. Would be great if we could tell everyone to get to the choppa. I hope he also recorded some screaming if Predator kills Dutch.

SuperiorIronman

I'm interested in how Dutch will work. If a skin then I guess that answers that but if killed perhaps it's non-canon meaning that his appearance is but his ultimate fate isn't. Alternatively perhaps he uses some Predator technology to vanish from the map, perhaps cloaking and running off. Another potential option is that instead of dying he instead kneels similar to heroes in the Battlefront games where they aren't exactly killed but unfit to go any farther.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Galactus123 on May 15, 2020, 03:03:24 PM
I hope Arnold recorded dialogue for the gameplay too. Would be great if we could tell everyone to get to the choppa. I hope he also recorded some screaming if Predator kills Dutch.

He did:

"Fortunately, he mentions Schwarzenegger was "super excited about what we did with it." "It's crazy being able to play him and having him speak those lines. When we recorded the V.O. for him being the Fireteam member, when he would say a line, it just vibrated in the room. The one-liners that he does in movies are so natural to him. Simple stuff, like him saying, 'reload,' it's Arnold!"

https://ew.com/gaming/arnold-schwarzenegger-predator-hunting-grounds/

Nameless_One

It's going to be funny seeing all Arnold fireteams. I wonder if he'll have the combistick as an exclusive weapon to him? I really hope the audio logs eventually reveal why Keyes helped a captured Predator escape from Stargazer in Predator: Hunters and Hunted.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

It might be complicated but you could  play as  Dutch and the rest of the team could operate in FT skins without anyone else on the team visually seeing it- this applies to skins/voice track only on your own local computer/console. If you're the only one seeing yourself as Dutch it is possible for the game to have minimal narrative from Zues so long as everyone has relatively the same lines to speak and view the same cinematics from their own perspective. Of course if you die as Dutch, evveryone else still sees you as a FT member so in theory, you dying as Dutch  should not pose a consequence to the match's narrative.

It would however be more interesting if you , as Dutch, could play in 3rd person view (much like viewing the other members when you've died). I'd rather actually like to see Dutch in the camera rather than in 1st person where you don't see your character.

SpaceKase

Honestly I'm hoping for a complete inversion where there's hunting party of Pred's vs a single Dutch, first blood style.

Kradan

Completely unrealistic but fun

Galactus123

Arnold talks about being in the game on Jimmy Fallon. At 1:40:

bendinglight

Quote from: Veteran Warrior on May 15, 2020, 01:19:26 AM
I'm over here on the east coast (GA) and I am pretty lucky at playing the predator during the day (5-7 min wait times) but say after 9 or 10, I just do fireteam because trying to play as Pred is very unlikely. I try sometimes at night and after 10 min wait time I get in sometimes. But then the lobby is empty of fireteam -__-

Ugh, that is so annoying - or when there are three players and then instead of waiting a minute or two, they bounce outta the lobby to find another game.

I am on Eastern timezone as well and I am finding the same queue times - seems that during the day isn't too bad but later at night it gets to be quite the wait.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: bendinglight on May 21, 2020, 01:38:09 PM
Quote from: Veteran Warrior on May 15, 2020, 01:19:26 AM

Ugh, that is so annoying - or when there are three players and then instead of waiting a minute or two, they bounce outta the lobby to find another game.

I am on Eastern timezone as well and I am finding the same queue times - seems that during the day isn't too bad but later at night it gets to be quite the wait.

Unfortunately it's bugged. You shouldn't have to wait minutes for a fireteam member to fill (which sometimes never fills) when a new full fireteam match is starting every 25 seconds.

Quote from: Galactus123 on May 21, 2020, 01:08:21 PM
Arnold talks about being in the game on Jimmy Fallon. At 1:40:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0tIInKnPgA

Nice find Galactus!!!

Quote from: acrediblesource on May 18, 2020, 07:12:04 PM
It might be complicated but you could  play as  Dutch and the rest of the team could operate in FT skins without anyone else on the team visually seeing it- this applies to skins/voice track only on your own local computer/console. If you're the only one seeing yourself as Dutch it is possible for the game to have minimal narrative from Zues so long as everyone has relatively the same lines to speak and view the same cinematics from their own perspective. Of course if you die as Dutch, evveryone else still sees you as a FT member so in theory, you dying as Dutch  should not pose a consequence to the match's narrative.

It would however be more interesting if you , as Dutch, could play in 3rd person view (much like viewing the other members when you've died). I'd rather actually like to see Dutch in the camera rather than in 1st person where you don't see your character.

I'm hoping to play in a fireteam consisting of 4 Dutches.

Enjoy

The biggest weakness the predator has is while hunched over taking the skull of a downed fireteam member you can reduce it's health a great deal as it is too busy for a moment to do anything else but get the skull while you unload pointblank.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Kradan on May 18, 2020, 08:01:38 PM
Completely unrealistic but fun

Naw man, it's grizzled old man Dutch now. He's got 30+ years worth of experience, a lifetime collection of reclaimed Yautja tech, the element of surprise, all the mud an aged soldier of fortune could ask for, and a..
Spoiler
...body filled to the brim with ugly-motherf**ker glow juice!
[close]

The only question is... Who's Hunting the Hunters?!

Kradan

C'mon, some Predator got sonavabitch already! Look - there's Predator laser on his chest ! He's dead meat, man !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed