[Exclusive] Effects Studio Weta Bringing the Xenomorphs to Life for the FX Alien Series!

Started by RidgeTop, Jan 11, 2022, 10:20:03 PM

Author
[Exclusive] Effects Studio Weta Bringing the Xenomorphs to Life for the FX Alien Series! (Read 26,036 times)

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 25, 2022, 02:27:03 AM
Since your entire rebuttal is "no u", if I'm being childish, then both of us are. And yes, I'm aware of the irony there.
Your comment tried to paint your behaviour as less obnoxious than everyone else's. All I did was remove the sarcasm and confirm that your posts are absolutely just as obnoxious to everyone else, as you complain these conversations are to you. It wasn't "no u", it was "get off your high horse".

Voodoo Magic

Moving on....

WETA finally handling ALIEN!  Woot!

BigDaddyJohn

I love their overall work, curious to know how they will handle the xenos.

Nightmare Asylum

Also curious if any aetists we're familiar with might be freelancing/collaborating with Weta during the design process, or if both the designs and animation will be 100% in-house.

Immortan Jonesy

Here I am hoping that the company keeps in mind the visits of the creators of mankind in ancient times.

In this way, I can see Weyland finding an ancient spaceship, and then studying the artifact in some base in the style of the mythical area 51.

Then creating human-engineer hybrids in order to create super humans, as a prototype before making human-Alien hybrids.  8)

And of course I would like to see some Cyberpunk setting.  :-X

Nightmare Asylum

Not sure how literally we're supposed to be taking the key art that was used when the show was announced at that Disney press thing (all the way back in December 2020), but this sure does look like an Engineer temple/installation to me.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 25, 2022, 03:22:35 PMI love their overall work, curious to know how they will handle the xenos.

Yeah, Weta's stuff is top notch, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with this.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 25, 2022, 06:00:22 PM
Yeah, Weta's stuff is top notch, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with this.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 24, 2022, 09:54:36 AM
Exactly. So why do we need a whole series of films trying to solve that mystery? The mystery had no bearing on the story and wasn't anything that ever needed solving.

Same goes for the history of the guy in the chair in Alien.

Me when my obsessive interest in all things Aliens extends from desperately wanting to know more about the Space Jockey in the first place.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 24, 2022, 11:03:46 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 24, 2022, 10:06:10 AMSorry, but I fail to see that. Crazy android creating Xeno/Proto/Whatevermorph in a cave is infinitely more crazy and intriguing than anything that I could've come up with in my head

For me, it makes the Alien fundamentally un-alien. It's just man-made by proxy. And I find that eye-rollingly trite.

I'm not suggesting everyone needs to agree with that.

Honestly, I believe that's a different argument. It's not liking the answer you were given. I don't like that particular take, but I'd never say I don't want to see that explored.

SiL

I find not knowing part of the fun. Nobody really discusses things that are certain for very long. Mysteries endure. I like seeing the EU explore different takes and possibilities, but without ever having THE answer.

Kradan

Kradan

Idk, maybe I'm too late for the party, but as I see it mystery (i. e. how the hell that ship got to LV-426 ?) doesn't get talked about much recently

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2022, 10:08:10 AMMe when my obsessive interest in all things Aliens extends from desperately wanting to know more about the Space Jockey in the first place.

:laugh:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2022, 10:08:10 AMHonestly, I believe that's a different argument. It's not liking the answer you were given. I don't like that particular take, but I'd never say I don't want to see that explored.

It is and it isn't. I feel like being given an answer - any answer - is invariably less interesting than leaving it up to your imagination.

The fact that answer was so bone just makes it a great example :P

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 26, 2022, 10:48:31 AM
Idk, maybe I'm too late for the party, but as I see it mystery (i. e. how the hell that ship got to LV-426 ?) doesn't get talked about much recently
That's what happens when you get answers. Most of the discussion about the Jockey and the derelict dried up and now it's more about David.

Mr. Clemens

In the early 80s, on the back of the old videodisc (remember those?) of Alien, there was an essay about the film from someone who speculated about the nature of the 'planet-ship that the Nostromo lands on.'  That always stuck with me. Those tunnels in the egg chamber were way too big (and at way too low an elevation) to be inside the derelict itself.

So there's a mystery I've been able to hold onto.  :P

Kradan

That's ... actually cool idea. Always have been a fan of planet-sized ships

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed