Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 62,854 times)

BlueMarsalis79

The absolute wooorst!!!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 26, 2021, 10:03:01 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on May 26, 2021, 09:08:54 PM
I thought they were finally stepping up their cover game after Charybdis but I guess not. They do want to actually sell these books right?

I've always said it: you can tell if a book will be any good or not just by the cover art.

It goes without saying that the cover has nothing to do with the quality of the book itself.  However I don't want the books on my shelf looking like photoshop garbage either. Plus I really love original alien/Predator art.

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 26, 2021, 11:20:50 PM
The absolute wooorst!!!

The worst design possible. If you want to distill Gigers design down to absolute garbage then thats it.

Immortan Jonesy

Sometimes a book can be good despite its cover, but dear gosh..these Requiem warriors are so poorly designed 😂

SM

It's not just the shitty AvPR Aliens - what's up with the pose?  I'd hazard a guess that the Alien is tying the Predators shoe?  Or maybe giving him a handy?  Except the Alien looks like it's squatting too.

Maybe a larger image that's been badly cropped?

Immortan Jonesy

You are right about the awkward pose, that and the cheap flyer quality ~ sigh  :-X

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 27, 2021, 12:03:18 AM
It's not just the shitty AvPR Aliens - what's up with the pose?  I'd hazard a guess that the Alien is tying the Predators shoe? 
The Alien is squatting down to tie the Predator's shoes for his first day of hunting school.

SM

If it's Wolf he'd trip over them and land on the ultimate prey - a steel pipe.

Samhain13

I'm too grateful a new AVP novel is coming to care about how the cover looks. They could put the newborn and the upgrade on the cover and I would still take it.

Spoiler
As long as the stories wouldn't involve them of course  :P
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

What if one of the stories involves...

Local Trouble

The Accelerant (TM)?

Samhain13

Huh the spacegooze. I can take it.

Local Trouble

Everyone loves the black spooge.  So interesting.

SM

HuDaFuK

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 27, 2021, 04:42:59 AM
Everyone loves the black spooge.  So interesting.

It is when you use it correctly and it is just a pity not much does so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed