Prime 1 Collectables

Started by AnthaiHero, Jul 29, 2018, 03:49:44 AM

Author
Prime 1 Collectables (Read 40,072 times)

Huggs

Quote from: ace3g on Jul 29, 2018, 04:13:35 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlyGeq6jRS4/?tagged=thepredator

It looks like somebody is holding pooh hostage. I can see the gun, and pooh's got his hands up.

Original Predator

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Beautiful colour, what's that in the background?

Wweyland

Pooh getting shot in the head by an SMG obviously.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

The fact there's an alternate, damaged mask seems to confirm the multiple Predators theory. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the scratched mask is worn by the "main"(captured?) Predator to differentiate him from the others, since their armour is more "military" than hjnter,and therefore more uniform.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Hunter*, rather.

Really wish you could edit comments.

The Old One

The Old One

You can, if you aren't a guest.

Lefty

We do see the scratched mask in the trailer, Holbrook finds it in the ship wreckage or something. It could be a different predator's or it could maybe be captured's original and then he finds a shiny new one in the lab, I have no idea.

I find it curious that this face has the extra elder-like hairs and spines on it, and also the top fangs appear much longer than what we see on the trailer pred. Maybe it's just stylistic flair on the sculpt but these things usually try and stay pretty screen accurate. Not getting my hopes up but I'd love to be surprised with another classic / regular predator character somewhere in the film, even if he does wear the same armor.

Beans 81

I am super picky with predator face designs...personally speaking, I think this looks superb. I hope in move it is on par with the originals in actually looking real....unlike the garbage in AVP/AVPR/Predator (I have a super disliking to the beserker) & scar is just f**king gormless.

Amazing Job on this

Huggs

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 30, 2018, 01:37:56 PM
Pooh getting shot in the head by an SMG obviously.

I'm telling ya'll, Eeyore finally snapped.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Beans 81 on Jul 31, 2018, 02:28:34 PM
I am super picky with predator face designs...personally speaking, I think this looks superb. I hope in move it is on par with the originals in actually looking real....unlike the garbage in AVP/AVPR/Predator (I have a super disliking to the beserker) & scar is just f**king gormless.

Amazing Job on this
the NECA Beserker Predator looks better than the actual movie one in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Old One

The Old One

It's certainly better proportioned where the head is concerned, and AVP Preds dwarf it, which never fails to make me smile. Because it makes out Berserker to be what he is; a cowardly, cheating, runt.

skull-splitter

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jul 31, 2018, 11:29:39 PM
Quote from: Beans 81 on Jul 31, 2018, 02:28:34 PM

Amazing Job on this
the NECA Beserker Predator looks better than the actual movie one in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they adjusted stuff after initial reactions or the model has some very poor angles. Just makes no sense that the Fugitive has a fully painted prototype but the beserker/Upgrade was just flat grey ;)

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Cheating? If you believe in that honour BS. Cowardly runt? Nope, he never runs away, unlike the City Hunter, he's even defiant while half dead and getting hit with an axe repeatedly.

Berserker kicked Classic's ass big-time, and still would have if he wasn't injured. Oh, and Berserker was injured himself IIRC.
Plus the Super Predators are an interesting concept and are designed to be different, where the AVP Preds just look plain stupid, or at least the costumes in the movie do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed