Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 273,328 times)

newagescamartist

Marines? I hope you guys aren't talking about Covenant's sequel because there is almost zero percent chance of that happening. If you want to talk about fan service, inserting wise cracking tough guy marines and the queen back into the series is the definition of fan service.

Feeds On Minds

Why would any of those well known actors jump aboard the sinking ship that is the Alien franchise? lol
Keep dreaming that dream.

lv_226

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jun 27, 2017, 11:00:13 PM
According to BOMJ, Prometheus took in roughly 3.1 times its budget.

Covenant is at 2.34, still with a Japan release. I would argue that would push it to the 2.5-2.75 arena.

Not nearly as bad when you look at it like that.

This.

A little perspective is always a refreshing thing. There is so much negativity in this thread.

juxtapose

i agree 100 percent!

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Jun 28, 2017, 11:55:49 AM
Why would any of those well known actors jump aboard the sinking ship that is the Alien franchise? lol

I've never known a sinking ship to stay afloat as long as nearly 40 years.

Ingwar

13 days in China and it's $43.47 million so far. It's very unlikely it will reach 50 but it's still better than Prometheus (34 in total).

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Jun 28, 2017, 04:35:37 PM

I've never known a sinking ship to stay afloat as long as nearly 40 years.

It'd be more than just an Alien entry. It's a Ridley Scott movie lol. Anyone would work with him.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 28, 2017, 05:59:07 PM
13 days in China and it's $43.47 million so far. It's very unlikely it will reach 50 but it's still better than Prometheus (34 in total).

Better than I expected at the low end. My guess was 40-60 million.

PierreVW

Because Ridley Scott. Ridley Scott worked with A-List stars like Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Christian Bale, Michael Fassbender, Russell Crowe, etc....

Ingwar

Alien movies don't need A-list stars. Fassbender is enough. Besides, look at actors in Alien. They were known to the public but weren't superstars, not mentioning Weaver who was totally new in the business.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Lol. If we want A list stars, let us want. Alien just might need a bona fide star the next movie to bolster box office. So don't be so agonized.

If you want to watch an Alien movie with no stars just watch most of the other Alien movies. The only star-stars at the time of their respective entries are arguably only Winona and Charlize, and Fassbender but only with Covenant. And Franco barely counts but obviously an A-lister.

On the tier below A list I'd say, Elba, McBride and Pearce would be there.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 29, 2017, 02:36:48 AM
Lol. If we want A list stars, let us want. Alien just might need a bona fide star the next movie to bolster box office. So don't be so agonized.

If you want to watch an Alien movie with no stars just watch most of the other Alien movies. The only star-stars at the time of their respective entries are arguably only Winona and Charlize, and Fassbender but only with Covenant. And Franco barely counts but obviously an A-lister.

Dutton! Best part of Alien 3.

echobbase79

I'd like to see Denzel Washington headline the next film. He was great in American Gangster.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jun 29, 2017, 04:10:07 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 29, 2017, 02:36:48 AM

Dutton! Best part of Alien 3.

Never been an A-lister.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 29, 2017, 04:12:37 AM

I'd like to see Denzel Washington headline the next film. He was great in American Gangster.

He'd be great squaring off against Fassbender.

Nukiemorph

Cast someone who draws crowds in China...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed