The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 118,117 times)

dallevalle

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 02:32:48 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:31:29 PM
this is how you do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf4bnwX_Ho0

That's how you "did" it.

Other era.

yeah we have sadly gone backwards when it comes to movies.

SpeedyMaxx

I enjoyed it. Definitely seemed like a bit of an unfinished cut of a teaser IMO, I don't know why it ends where it does. Having worked in this field I assume the studio is doing camouflage of the content because they're nervous about nerds freaking out over Black's humor a la Iron Man 3 - but f**k 'em, he's Shane Black. Hasn't made a bad movie. Go all in, don't try to hide it.

Hollywood

I'm glad they didn't give away death scenes of primary characters. Those are probably all awesome money shots (probably will see at least one by the time we get a full trailer).

skull-splitter

Quote from: ThePredatorUK on May 10, 2018, 02:34:32 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 02:28:59 PM
And i could be imagining things, but i swear when the pred picks up McKenna, the lower part of his mask glows red or something...
3 point laser comes from there instead of at the top of bio
Logical. "Let's move from line of sight to line of jaw, because it looks cool and different".

Idiots.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

And i could be imagining things, but i swear when the pred picks up McKenna, the lower part of his mask glows red or something...

lol wut ?  :laugh:

Anyway i looked through the screen caps and yes the "chin" part definitely glows red, also some elements of his back when he jumps in, in front of the school, tiny red lights again...

Quote from: Hollywood on May 10, 2018, 02:37:01 PM
I'm glad they didn't give away death scenes of primary characters. Those are probably all awesome money shots (probably will see at least one by the time we get a full trailer).

Exactly ! That's what i was afraid of too !

HuDaFuK

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 02:38:07 PMLogical. "Let's move from line of sight to line of jaw, because it looks cool and different".

It's a laser pointer. Why does it need to be lined up with their line of sight?

Everyone forgetting ol' Greyback in P2 had his pointer actually mounted on his cannon (which realistically would make a lot more sense anyway).

Xerxész

At least the Upgrade has a mask...it seems.
In the script he has no mask.

yautjapet

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 02:38:07 PM
Logical. "Let's move from line of sight to line of jaw, because it looks cool and different".

Idiots.

I didn't notice that before and am really confused by such an impractical and unnecessary change.

Osimandias

I think we are all have to wait until the movie is finally out. Maybe he is not as bad as the most expect to be. The only thing that I don't understand its is why they mix their DNA with other DNA... maybe the first predator has also an enhanced DNA hmmmm and it never was told.

dallevalle

Quote from: Osimandias on May 10, 2018, 02:43:59 PM
I think we are all have to wait until the movie is finally out. Maybe he is not as bad as the most expect to be. The only thing that I don't understand its is why they mix their DNA with other DNA... maybe the first predator has also an enhanced DNA hmmmm and it never was told.

the whole dna thing goes against everything we saw from predator 1 and 2

HuDaFuK

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:45:47 PMthe whole dna thing goes against everything we saw from predator 1 and 2

In what way?

Whos_Nick

Upgrade isn't in the trailer

BigDaddyJohn

I think there is no upgrade in this trailer

Original Predator

Like:
The lab setting (very cool scenes could be done here)
The idea of a "survivor" being debriefed after an encounter (finally)
Humans studying the Predator.  Finding out things as they/we go vs. being told the "lore" ala homeworlds, the "story" scene in AVP, Basically the entire Predators movie.  "Studying" the Pred still leaves the mystery intact with a slow leak of new lore.  Much better way to do it. Should have been this the entire time.
Overall it's a good premise. (Whether or not the story told is good-within the premise, is unknown)
Holbrook looks like a possible bad-azz

Don't like:
The Pred(s) shown look like AVP and Predators knockoffs are they just plain used the suits.  Not a fan of literally any of the suite designs after Pred 1, 2 and the AVP2 pred.  Needs to be kept simple.  These superhero suit-looking things are just dumb, along with the "big-headed" Ice age looking masks.  just Dumb.  Keep the sleek, creepy-bug-like design and tweak that. 
Kid activating the ship, flying, crash landing.  Dumb, tacky, easy way out sorta thing.  Lazy writing there.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:45:47 PMthe whole dna thing goes against everything we saw from predator 1 and 2

In what way?

for starters they come here to hunt for trophy's not collecting our dna :3 watch the movies again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed