THE PREDATOR To Film in Vancouver This Fall

Started by Darkoo, Jun 10, 2016, 08:40:28 PM

Author
THE PREDATOR To Film in Vancouver This Fall (Read 37,652 times)

Keith

I have visions of AVP-R and cheap Canadian TV actors dancing in my head.  :(

overthere

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jun 11, 2016, 12:47:09 PM
they're filming there for 4 months.

3 months. And that still doesn't rule out other locations.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Sinse we now know the location, I wonder what the plot will be. It can't be the same as P1 I wonder

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Jun 11, 2016, 01:49:10 PM
Sinse we now know the location, I wonder what the plot will be. It can't be the same as P1 I wonder

Canada has forests at least,

Danny Harrigan

Danny Harrigan

So they wrap before Christmas, what is the center of th Shane Black movies. 8)
He said the film takes place in a different locations so i really hope to see a South American jungle, A desert and an LA setting as Black's movies always there.But Vancouver is not fitting.No heat, no conflicts around there..maybe the trapped Predo will be taken there, or they just film the lab scenes there.10 years  after AvpR maybe Adam Baldwin will be there and he was right to say no to the Strause bros.
I still hope they move the relase date to 2017 but how could The Predator be a " summer event movie" what Black wants if they planning to relase in feb,2018?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Since playing around with a  Predator mod for Arma 2 I always wanted to see a Predator film set in the desert. 

It could be set in Afghanistan. Mountain, desert, heat and conflict. A desert hunter, it just seems like a nice new setting we have not seen.  We have seen the jungle and seen the city now let us try a desert environment. 

Lets say 8 man spec ops force sent in probably under misleading orders from some dark agency that possibly knows about the predator.

The locals could be talking about the Predator and refering to the 'Jinn' which are islamic mythological creatures like devils demons.

Instead of ripping off P1 too much like Predators, you don't have another dude wielding a mini gun you have a mini gun scene with maybe a blackhawk heli or humvee vehicle mounted weapon for a mini gun scene.  You could have a Predator plasma casting Apache gunships out the sky.  Predator drones getting taken down by the desert hunter Predator.  The squad takes on rebels before encountering the Predator.  Maybe even joining together with locals to fight the Predator. 

Ofcourse half way through you got some guy from the dark agency realises the reports were true and they refer back to P1 arnie and P2 Danny Glover stories.  Maybe he joins the main team on the ground.

Have not fleshed my story out just I thought the setting could work.  Afghan conflict is horrible and should never have happened, would have made a good Predator movie setting.  Just had to get that off my chest.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Danny Harrigan on Jun 11, 2016, 02:09:18 PM

Since playing around with a  Predator mod for Arma 2 I always wanted to see a Predator film set in the desert. 

In the scripts Keyes mentions the Neguev Desert .

boomba

boomba

It could be set in Afghanistan. Mountain, desert, heat and conflict. A desert hunter, it just seems like a nice new setting we have not seen.  We have seen the jungle and seen the city now let us try a desert environment. 

Lets say 8 man spec ops force sent in probably under misleading orders from some dark agency that possibly knows about the predator.

The locals could be talking about the Predator and refering to the 'Jinn' which are islamic mythological creatures like devils demons.

Instead of ripping off P1 too much like Predators, you don't have another dude wielding a mini gun you have maybe a blackhawk heli or humvee vehicle mounted weapon for a mini gun scene.  You could have a Predator plasma casting Apache gunships out the sky.  Predator drones getting taken down by the desert hunter Predator.  The squad takes on rebels before encountering the Predator.  Maybe even joining together with locals to fight the Predator. 

Ofcourse half way through you got some guy from the dark agency realises the reports were true and they refer back to P1 arnie and P2 Danny Glover stories.  Maybe he joins the main team on the ground.

Have not fleshed my story out just I thought the setting could work.  Afghan conflict is horrible and should never have happened, would have made a good Predator movie setting.  Just had to get that off my chest.

:) 

I forgot to add, yes my thoughts were get Vin Diesel and Dwayne Jonson the rock onboard.  What is the most dangerous threat to a Predator?  A bunch of disorganised misfits that dont know each other with ridiculous random weapons or an elite special forces team trained and geared for battle?   

Keith

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jun 11, 2016, 01:57:22 PM

That moss-covered forest in AVP-R was cool, but shit we've already seen that.

Shaeffer11

First (Bad) Blood

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Keith on Jun 11, 2016, 05:57:49 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jun 11, 2016, 01:57:22 PM

That moss-covered forest in AVP-R was cool, but shit we've already seen that.

I didn't say Vancouver is good.It is crappy and cheap.

Kaltes

Movie makers seem to use Vancouver a lot. XD

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Imagine being a Extra in a Predator film??  :o  :o

Predator_Spirit

While we don't know if Schwarzenegger will be part of The Predator or not, we do know the former governor of California and new host of The Apprentice will be in Vancouver next month to film Why We're Killing Gunther, a feature comedy written and directed by Saturday Night Live cast member Taran Killam.

http://vancouversun.com/entertainment/movies/hollywood-north-shane-black-will-shoot-predator-reboot-in-vancouver

SiL

Vancouver has appeared in hundreds of movies and TV shows and half the time you'd never notice. They're filming there because it's cheap and can pass for just about anywhere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed