Prometheus 2 Holding Up Alien 5

Started by Darkness, Aug 17, 2015, 06:26:52 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 Holding Up Alien 5 (Read 45,163 times)

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Aug 26, 2015, 02:40:37 PM
This guy is getting on my nerves first he says he is not trying do undo Alien 3 then he tells Bien he is going to retcon it just be straight up if it is or not being holded up seriously this guy is getting to me.

It's pretty clear what his intentions are. He can't say anything conclusive until his final draft is approved by FOX.

Corporal Hicks

Sorry I unlocked it.

redalert51

redalert51

Please Release , Both at same time , Don't let " Marvel have all fun ..

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 26, 2015, 04:58:23 PMThread should've ended here. Locked.

Why? "Being put on hold" does not equal "being held up by Pro 2".

The former implies development hell. The latter implies scheduling.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 17, 2015, 06:26:52 PM
There's a new article on Bloody Disgusting who have a source suggesting that Blomkamp's Alien 5 is being held up by Prometheus 2. Not a real surprise. They do speculate that Alien 5 will shoot in 2017 with a release in 2018. Prometheus 2 will be shooting next year for release in 2017.

The Alien 5 IMDb page "Production Status" entry was recently updated and confirms that shooting is expected to commence in 2017. Keep in mind that this section can only be edited by the production company (or a representative) or an IMDb administrator so this perhaps makes it a little bit more official.

Assuming of course that an IMDb mod didn't just take BD's speculation as fact.

QuoteProduction Notes from IMDbPro
Comments: Shooting expected to begin in 2017.
Updated: 22 August 2015

Murfy426

Murfy426

If we do truly have to wait till 2017/18 for alien 5 because of the Prometheus sequel then its a curse and a blessing. It gives blomkamp a good amount of time to ponder the story and plan for it. While at the same time gives us longer in expectation for the release of a film we have waited so many years for.
Just imagine the excitement of walking into that cinema, watching all the damn trailers, our years long wait prolonged by another 20 minutes and the movie starts and its everything we hoped it would be.
Now the negative side would be if it came on and we all hated it but part of me truly believes it will sate our lust for a good service to the franchise and to see giger's monsters on the big screen once again.
If it does turn bad though I would feel very sorry for blomkamp, since he would probably be hated much more than randy pitchford and that my friends would be a level of collective hate greater than anything before it lol.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Personally I think this is a good move. The fans will be more forgiving with Prometheus 2 if it goes on an even further tangent from Alien, knowing that they have Blomkamp's film to compensate shortly afterwards. Ridley Scott can now crack on knowing there won't be so much weight on his shoulders in terms of having to connect to Alien, which can only be a good thing.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 27, 2015, 07:34:19 AM
Sorry I unlocked it.
About time someone did the righteous justice.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2015, 07:54:06 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 26, 2015, 04:58:23 PMThread should've ended here. Locked.

Why? "Being put on hold" does not equal "being held up by Pro 2".

The former implies development hell. The latter implies scheduling.
When you put it that way... rescheduling sounds nicer. Still I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have the story yet. We surely deserve better than terminator genisys material, I think.

D. Compton Ambrose

Everything happens for a reason.  ;)

System Apollo

As a fan I find it rather nerve racking to know that an entire sequel is going to get picked out like spoiled fruit from a batch. Surely anything can be done well given the approach to it but we've had some pretty lack luster installments for more than 20 years now so I can feel the displacement towards this sequel. And I can't really imagine Neill being much of a fan of the Alien source materials ironically seeing as he might just remove an entire continuation from the series existence.  :laugh:

Someone over at GAvP brought up a pretty good consensus when looking at most of the news for Alien 5.

Sometimes it is nice to remain optimistic and hopeful but I'm not letting it blind me from something that is just logically a bad idea to begin with. Hell last time I had that kind of attitude was when the Stause Bros worked on AvPR and I'm not willing to put myself in the position of feeling that magnitude of disappointment again.

Of course, someone would have to try with the likelihood of failing in becoming worse than the Brothers Strause...

Gash

Gash

As long as Prometheus 2 happens, I don't much care if Alien 5 languishes in development hell. Nothing I've heard about it so far, and nothing in the teaser art suggests anything much to look forward to.

The fact that Ridley is producing and that it'll have to steer a path not to tread on Prom 2 is the only glimmer of hope that it 'might' be worth a look.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed