Prometheus 2 Holding Up Alien 5

Started by Darkness, Aug 17, 2015, 06:26:52 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 Holding Up Alien 5 (Read 45,160 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 20, 2015, 09:31:26 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 20, 2015, 08:52:30 PMMultiverse? Please. A turd by any other name is still a turd.

Preach, brotha!!!  :D

I also want to add that it is wrong to be angry at Sigourney Weaver for this. In fact, its her involvement in conjunction with Blomkamp and the sucess of Prometheus that is getying the film greenlit. She realizes if she doesnt take whatever angle is being pitched that will get off the ground - the role her life's work will be remembered for, will always end poorly.... I think its smart of her to jump at the opportunity to do something with it.
In that way, she is largely the one who actually wants to fix it. I personally dont think Blomkamp at this stage is out to fix it. He is just out to make the fan-wank he never got before. I think it will be Sigourney and Ridley Scotts influence that steer it jn the right direction.
The best thing that could possibly happen now? Fox or Scott Free or Weaver ask for story input from Cameron.

irn

irn

Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 20, 2015, 08:52:30 PM
The whole thing is a joke. On the one hand you can easily say AVP is only canon to the Predator series, for instance, but this business of subdividing things and saying for instance that Promtheus through Blomkamp's film is the core story or just alien thru a:r is another or alien thru blomkamp or avp through a:r is canon... And then saying "Ooo it's a MULTI-VERSE" is just putting shit in a nice package. What it is, is simply - a mess, thats all. It was caused by Fox being opportunists, and jumping on whatever works in the moment,  instead of calculating things, the way they did with Star Wars. And I would argue that Lucasfilm and Disney were responsible for that stuff.
Has anyone considered that maybe Blomkamps film will only undo Alien 3 or that it will ONLY remake Alien 3 and Ripley and Hicks will be prisoners at the end so Alien Ressurection is still canon? See? They can do that now. What I mean to illustrate is there is no turning back from the mess they've made. They can just do whatever and if this retcon thing is the way it is, they can just do whatever next kind of installment will generate the most profit at any given time. Include Predtors in Alien 6! Why not? We can just ignore it for the next one as soon as it isnt profitable again and then start from two movies ago or, or, or. Options are wide open from here. Multiverse? Please. A turd by any other name is still a turd. James Cameron was right Avp destroyed the integrity of the franchise. David Giler was also right, A:R ruined the validity of the franchise. But they wont fix it, because they found a way around that risk. And they are applauding themselves for it because it worked out from a business sense. The cards were played well. Now they have this massive tent-pole of two films coming out that everyone will see. Thats all they need to worry about. They f**ked it up and dont intend to fix it because once you make this kinda mess and havent lost the profits, you have opened up all options to capitalize on whatever new idea will sell. It's a resounding success that is working in their favor. Why would they fix it? Why close doors that are only flooding the house with money?

Amen!

D. Compton Ambrose

I vote damage control. As CainsSon lighted upon, they have really worked themselves into a shithole.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

The real problem was not leaving Ripley alone after Alien 3. She had her arc and it was pretty much perfect. A:R took that away from her. As for the AvP films, I'm old school. They are spin-off's pure and simple. You don't create a multiverse into a series that has no grounds for it. My biggest hope for Alien 5 is that Blomkamp goes down the route of a new story in the universe, not create things that will overlap or breakdown the originals.

irn

irn

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 21, 2015, 09:52:31 PM
The real problem was not leaving Ripley alone after Alien 3. She had her arc and it was pretty much perfect. A:R took that away from her. As for the AvP films, I'm old school. They are spin-off's pure and simple. You don't create a multiverse into a series that has no grounds for it. My biggest hope for Alien 5 is that Blomkamp goes down the route of a new story in the universe, not create things that will overlap or breakdown the originals.

The good thing about Alien Resurrection is that it is set so far in the future that you can pretty much ignore it without affecting it.

The absolute best solution is have a Ripley-free Alien film that just simply brings credability back to the franchise in order to pave the way for good quality follow ups and spin offs.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: irn on Aug 22, 2015, 12:45:00 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 21, 2015, 09:52:31 PM

The good thing about Alien Resurrection is that it is set so far in the future that you can pretty much ignore it without affecting it.

The absolute best solution is have a Ripley-free Alien film that just simply brings credability back to the franchise in order to pave the way for good quality follow ups and spin offs.

Two-hundred years isn't really that long in the grand scheme of things. That was the era of Napoleon and if you look at a map of Europe and compare it to today, they aren't mutually exclusive in regard to recognition. The world may have changed technologically since then, but ideologically and politically we're pretty much in the same glorious shit hole.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 20, 2015, 11:32:10 PM
I want a retcon of Alien. That film killed off the series two best characters, Parker and Brett.
Blasphemy! Lol

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Aug 17, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
...and not retcon Alien 3+4.

:-*
My friend i am sad to say it will be erased NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Aug 25, 2015, 02:39:05 PM
Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Aug 17, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
...and not retcon Alien 3+4.

:-*
My friend i am sad to say it will be erased NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such lazy conceptualization on Blomkamp's part. -facepalm-

THE CITY HUNTER

This guy is getting on my nerves first he says he is not trying do undo Alien 3 then he tells Bien he is going to retcon it just be straight up if it is or not being holded up seriously this guy is getting to me.

Corporal Hicks

He's said it's not being held up. Seemed quite a simple answer to me.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Aug 26, 2015, 02:40:37 PM
This guy is getting on my nerves first he says he is not trying do undo Alien 3 then he tells Bien he is going to retcon it just be straight up if it is or not being holded up seriously this guy is getting to me.

An alleged insider has been reported as saying that might not be the case. Read the article:

"...not sure if Biehn's assertions about it ignoring 3 & 4 are accurate. It's basically far too early to tell on that front right now."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I wouldn't put much store in what that "alleged insider" said. One of his statements has already been refuted by Blomkamp himself.

OmegaZilla

D. Compton Ambrose

Lock it down. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed