Project Prometheus Still Uncovered

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 21, 2012, 06:35:57 PM

Author
Project Prometheus Still Uncovered (Read 46,229 times)

Valaquen

The structure in Prometheus and HR Giger's Harkonnen castle design from the aborted Dune:

Did Scott dig up Giger's old, unused designs? Giger worked on Alejandro Jodorowsky's version of Dune pre-Alien, and Ridley too worked on Dune after Alien, but left the project due to his brother Frank's death. Enter David Lynch. Anyhow, a return to Giger's old designs?

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 22, 2012, 03:38:59 AM
I like to imagine one of the script review meetings may have went something like this...

Spoiler
Lindelof:  Okay, I must say, this "ancient astronaut" angle is GOLD, Sir Ridley...pure GOLD!  I have managed to incorporate ancient Greek Mythology, Akkadian/Sumerian/Babylonian, some Mayan, a sprinkle of Egyptian and a few shakes of Nazca, Hindu and the giant pygmies of Beckles.

Sir Ridley:  The giant pygmies of Beckles?

Lindelof:  Well, we could leave them out, if you want.

Sir Ridley:   What about Old Testament stuff?  We need Old Testament stuff...you know, Ezekiel and all that.

Lindelof:  I thought we could save the Bible for the sequel.  No sense in upsetting the Christians, Jews and quite probably the Muslims, at this point.

Sir Ridley:  Hmm...not bad.  I like your thinking.  What about the Druid culture...you know, Stonehenge, standing stones, and all that?

Lindelof:  Well, I thought that might be a bit to "English"...especially for the French market.  As it is, they will be pissed I wasn't able to shoe-horn in the Carnac stones.

Sir Ridley:   Well, what does Spaiht's think about the progress so far?

Lindelof:   Ummm....well, I have been trying to get in touch with him, but apparently he has been on extended leave of absence, due to a serious flare-up of irritable bowel syndrome.

Sir Ridley:  What...surely you can reach his secretary?

Lindelof:  Err...umm...no, his secretary has suddenly come down with a slight case of hemorrhagic fever.

Sir Ridley:  Well give me Spaiht's number.

Lindelof:  It's unlisted...I mean, it has been disconnected.  No, scratch that, I just remembered, he doesn't have a phone.

Sir Ridley:   Well how the f**k to you communicate with him?

Lindelof:  Carrier Pigeons.

Sir Ridley:  But, you are keeping him completely in the loop, and encouraging his input and suggestions...right?

Lindelof:  Oh, yes...yes...of course.  Not to worry.

Sir Ridley:  Okay, back to the topic at hand...what have we missed?

Lindelof:  Can't think of anything...we have definitely covered it all, no question!

Sir Ridley:  Well, what about Norse Mythology?

Lindelof:  ..........................umm, yeah, well of course, Norse Mythology.  Sure.

Sir Ridley:  I don't see anything relating to Norse Mythology in the script?

Lindelof:  Oh, well that was Spaiht's responsibility.

Sir Ridley:  You are sure?

Lindelof:  Umm, absolutely.  As a matter of fact, he was supposed to send over a new draft with the Norse stuff, but the Carrier Pigeons all came down with West Nile, and are out of commission.

Sir Ridley:  Did they?

Lindelof:  Yes, very tragic, Sir.

Sir Ridley:  All right, I want you to hit the books, and integrate all the important Norse myths into this story.  And I mean really get into this research.  I DO NOT want you relying on Wikipedia for any of this shit.

Lindelof:  Perish the thought, sir.  It would never even cross my mind.

Sir Ridley:   Good, good.  Let's meet together same time next week.  I still want you to touch base with Spaiht's on this Norse stuff.

Lindelof:  Yes sir, I will give him a call as soon as we are finished here.

Sir Ridley:  I thought you said he didn't have a phone?

Lindelof:  I meant I will send out a pigeon with the message.

Sir Ridley:  I thought you said they all succumbed to West Nile?

Lindelof:  No, no, no...I didn't mean pigeons, I meant I will use our ultra-secret backup.

Sir Ridley:  And what is that?

Lindelof:  We communicate via Ouija board.

Sir Ridley:  Really...does it work?

Lindelof:  Like a charm.  Speaking of which...I think there might just be an idea for another movie with this.

Sir Ridley:  f**king BRILLIANT !!!!
[close]

haha that was brilliant!  :laugh:

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 22, 2012, 01:13:24 PM
The structure in Prometheus and HR Giger's Harkonnen castle design from the aborted Dune:

Did Scott dig up Giger's old, unused designs? Giger worked on Alejandro Jodorowsky's version of Dune pre-Alien, and Ridley too worked on Dune after Alien, but left the project due to his brother Frank's death. Enter David Lynch. Anyhow, a return to Giger's old designs?

it looks very much like Ridley took Gigers design and added some Sphinx-style erosion - et voilĂ 

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 22, 2012, 02:44:06 AM
But the temple is based off a Giger design--one of his unused Dune temples, complete with a face and everything. It's been watered down, but it's still obviously based off Giger's work.

Cvalda, just noticed your new Space Tapir image.  Well done.  ;D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 22, 2012, 05:54:52 PM
Cvalda, just noticed your new Space Tapir image.  Well done.  ;D
;D

marsekay

So, eitr is the goo, its an acid [DNA is an acid is it not?(alien blood?)] and humans were made from clay (eitr)?

Eitr is our maguffin then. we can make anything living from it!

locusta

locusta

You, Sir are just too fast ;)

Wanted to post exactly the same pic compare.

Yep, it almost jumps to the eye. Hopefully there is more to this structure than pure rock.

josh_axey

Quote from: locusta on Mar 22, 2012, 11:12:17 PM

You, Sir are just too fast ;)

Wanted to post exactly the same pic compare.

Yep, it almost jumps to the eye. Hopefully there is more to this structure than pure rock.

Hopefully :). A little bit of an organic feel here and there will bring it much more in line. Current shots just make it looks like eroded rock though. Which suits for sure... but doesn't conjure Giger's style. Let's face it though... imagine building some of those illogical landscapes and buildings of his... it would be like trying to build your own penrose staircase :laugh:.

eyeballkid

Thanks! That is what I was seeing. It can't be a coincidence. Ridley wanted to do this stuff in Alien, but was short on budget, so he can now do what he wanted to do, in regards to some of the concepts of Giger. I know the design was made after Alien, but Ridley is obviously still a big fan of his, and he is sneaking in this stuff for the fans!!! We haven't even seen the "monsters" yet. :) Me thinks that Giger designed those too, and Ridley is just lying about Giger just doing Murals...

josh_axey

Quote from: eyeballkid on Mar 23, 2012, 12:55:12 AM
...We haven't even seen the "monsters" yet. :) Me thinks that Giger designed those too, and Ridley is just lying about Giger just doing Murals...

One can only hope :).

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 22, 2012, 03:38:59 AM
I like to imagine one of the script review meetings may have went something like this...

Spoiler
Lindelof:  Okay, I must say, this "ancient astronaut" angle is GOLD, Sir Ridley...pure GOLD!  I have managed to incorporate ancient Greek Mythology, Akkadian/Sumerian/Babylonian, some Mayan, a sprinkle of Egyptian and a few shakes of Nazca, Hindu and the giant pygmies of Beckles.

Sir Ridley:  The giant pygmies of Beckles?

Lindelof:  Well, we could leave them out, if you want.

Sir Ridley:   What about Old Testament stuff?  We need Old Testament stuff...you know, Ezekiel and all that.

Lindelof:  I thought we could save the Bible for the sequel.  No sense in upsetting the Christians, Jews and quite probably the Muslims, at this point.

Sir Ridley:  Hmm...not bad.  I like your thinking.  What about the Druid culture...you know, Stonehenge, standing stones, and all that?

Lindelof:  Well, I thought that might be a bit to "English"...especially for the French market.  As it is, they will be pissed I wasn't able to shoe-horn in the Carnac stones.

Sir Ridley:   Well, what does Spaiht's think about the progress so far?

Lindelof:   Ummm....well, I have been trying to get in touch with him, but apparently he has been on extended leave of absence, due to a serious flare-up of irritable bowel syndrome.

Sir Ridley:  What...surely you can reach his secretary?

Lindelof:  Err...umm...no, his secretary has suddenly come down with a slight case of hemorrhagic fever.

Sir Ridley:  Well give me Spaiht's number.

Lindelof:  It's unlisted...I mean, it has been disconnected.  No, scratch that, I just remembered, he doesn't have a phone.

Sir Ridley:   Well how the f**k to you communicate with him?

Lindelof:  Carrier Pigeons.

Sir Ridley:  But, you are keeping him completely in the loop, and encouraging his input and suggestions...right?

Lindelof:  Oh, yes...yes...of course.  Not to worry.

Sir Ridley:  Okay, back to the topic at hand...what have we missed?

Lindelof:  Can't think of anything...we have definitely covered it all, no question!

Sir Ridley:  Well, what about Norse Mythology?

Lindelof:  ..........................umm, yeah, well of course, Norse Mythology.  Sure.

Sir Ridley:  I don't see anything relating to Norse Mythology in the script?

Lindelof:  Oh, well that was Spaiht's responsibility.

Sir Ridley:  You are sure?

Lindelof:  Umm, absolutely.  As a matter of fact, he was supposed to send over a new draft with the Norse stuff, but the Carrier Pigeons all came down with West Nile, and are out of commission.

Sir Ridley:  Did they?

Lindelof:  Yes, very tragic, Sir.

Sir Ridley:  All right, I want you to hit the books, and integrate all the important Norse myths into this story.  And I mean really get into this research.  I DO NOT want you relying on Wikipedia for any of this shit.

Lindelof:  Perish the thought, sir.  It would never even cross my mind.

Sir Ridley:   Good, good.  Let's meet together same time next week.  I still want you to touch base with Spaiht's on this Norse stuff.

Lindelof:  Yes sir, I will give him a call as soon as we are finished here.

Sir Ridley:  I thought you said he didn't have a phone?

Lindelof:  I meant I will send out a pigeon with the message.

Sir Ridley:  I thought you said they all succumbed to West Nile?

Lindelof:  No, no, no...I didn't mean pigeons, I meant I will use our ultra-secret backup.

Sir Ridley:  And what is that?

Lindelof:  We communicate via Ouija board.

Sir Ridley:  Really...does it work?

Lindelof:  Like a charm.  Speaking of which...I think there might just be an idea for another movie with this.

Sir Ridley:  f**king BRILLIANT !!!!
[close]

Fracking LOL. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed